IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Potential of the big bad F

Old 09-09-15, 11:23 PM
TISF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential of the big bad F

So As I'm pretty sure everyone knows that houston is known around for having high performance high horsepower cars. I've had my ISF for years now and I can honestly say that the time with this car has been very fun and over the years I've been able to test the car against some of its competition . Il let the videos speak for themselves, yes you can call this a "kill" post however I just wanted to let new comers who are interested in the Isf see it's true potential and how it can keep up and outrun many and I mean many if not keep up with many other cars on the road today. Imagine if the car was tune able or able to turbo charge this thing would be an absolute monster. So with this marks the end of my almost completed journey with the isf as I'm moving on to new things. Car has exhaust, headers, stock intake stock filter, Bc 16/14k coilovers Dialed for street. Stock Bridgestone tires/sizes. Toms aero kit and some other appearance features here and there.

Runs from RPR in baytown houston videos are bad quality idk why i didnt record was driving.
-Bmw 335i jb4 tune, full bolt ons
-NIssan silvia unknown mods was sticking to me though
-Mustang 5.0 think he missed a gear
Runs with a 98 Camaro ss Z28 full bolt ons, tune,
Runs with the new 15 Mustang 5.0
Ran a c5 zo6 corvette exhaust headers tune i think thats about it not sure if it was cammed but it might have some port work done.
Ran my buddies cts-v just for fun. in my op i think i did pretty good. i wasnt exactly massacred.
and finally a burnout for you guys

Last edited by TISF; 09-09-15 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-09-15, 11:43 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

attachments do not work..
Old 09-09-15, 11:51 PM
TISF
Driver

sorry fixed
Old 09-10-15, 03:22 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice run...car sounds like a monster...you shouldve take it to the track to see the real potential of the F and see how it can hang around with high performance car as well.
Old 09-10-15, 06:23 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn, I wish the videos were more clear. Nonetheless, I think you managed to capture the exiliration this F puts out. Thank you very much for this! Your F sounds very awesome! Can you post some pics?, I would really like to get some ideas for mine, what exhaust and header setup do you have? Also, being that you drive it like you should, does your oil temp go up? It normally sits 1 bar before the middle. When you switch to manual and get on it, does it go up? Thanks in advance...

Last edited by SoulFreak; 09-10-15 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-10-15, 07:19 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Great video. I do agree that the quality could be more clearer. Just out of curiosity, what car are you looking forward to replace the F?
Old 09-10-15, 08:23 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Cool montage of videos, makes me want to go out and open up my F! Had some fun last weekend that resembled your videos :-)
Old 09-10-15, 08:40 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Who shoots videos vertically?!
Old 09-10-15, 10:57 AM
JoseM81
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the Houston area as well. I just got my black '11 this past March. Sick car.
Old 09-10-15, 04:48 PM
TISF
Driver

Originally Posted by chris07is
Nice run...car sounds like a monster...you shouldve take it to the track to see the real potential of the F and see how it can hang around with high performance car as well.
Yeah I never had a chance to go the closest one to me is COA in Austin. But then again I'm kinda glad that I didnt I prob would've broken her at some point.
Old 09-10-15, 04:53 PM
TISF
Driver

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Damn, I wish the videos were more clear. Nonetheless, I think you managed to capture the exiliration this F puts out. Thank you very much for this! Your F sounds very awesome! Can you post some pics?, I would really like to get some ideas for mine, what exhaust and header setup do you have? Also, being that you drive it like you should, does your oil temp go up? It normally sits 1 bar before the middle. When you switch to manual and get on it, does it go up? Thanks in advance...
I apologize about the quality of the videos. And yes the F was meant to be driven hard, and il post pictures in this thread later on. To answer your questions Im running ppe headers and a custom exhaust similar to iss forged and no my oil temp stays within normal range only once has its ever gone up and it's only gone up 1 bar because I did 7 runs back to back with some mustangs and supras and camaros. The Isf can really handle the stress. You don't have to worry about it switching to manual, if it does goes up you might want to get that looked at, but I don't see how the transmission would affect your engine oil temp
Old 09-10-15, 04:55 PM
TISF
Driver

Originally Posted by idoke1
Great video. I do agree that the quality could be more clearer. Just out of curiosity, what car are you looking forward to replace the F?
Sorry about the quality of the videos... And I'm about to get into a c7 zo6
Old 09-10-15, 06:21 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TISF
Sorry about the quality of the videos... And I'm about to get into a c7 zo6
I hope it's not the auto 8 speed. A big pile of junk. Big over heating issues.
Old 09-10-15, 08:14 PM
TISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Compthis
I hope it's not the auto 8 speed. A big pile of junk. Big over heating issues.
no sir 7 speed manual, which was also a reason why i wanted the vette because i wanted a manual
Old 09-10-15, 08:17 PM
TISF
Driver

Originally Posted by JoseM81
I'm in the Houston area as well. I just got my black '11 this past March. Sick car.
enjoy it you'll love it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Potential of the big bad F