IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SIKKY Headers came in... Got A Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-12, 09:26 AM
flyverylow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
^^^ Good info Rider, I'm sure that info will help other Sikky owners. I guess many Sikky people will be paranoid with any clicking sound.
I just noticed a click when I accel, is that due to a leak in the header? This is a real question BTW.
Old 05-18-12, 09:35 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG! Where is the pop corn???

Sarcasm aside, great job rtr01 at explaining your experience.
Old 05-18-12, 09:44 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

rtr01,

Have to ask you. If you were so disapointed in the Sikky headers why did you not return them before you started messing with them? Also how do you explain the dozens and dozens of SIKKY headers installed and in use all over the world with little to no issues. Sounds to me like you made a problem out of nothing.

Anyway, while reading through the comments in this thread the two sayings "Don't judge a book by the cover" and "If it aint broke don't fix it" kept coming to mind.

Last edited by caymandive; 05-18-12 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-18-12, 10:31 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So that's one bad review out of hundreds. If this was amazon......I'd still buy sikky headers.
Old 05-18-12, 11:05 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flyverylow
I just noticed a click when I accel, is that due to a leak in the header? This is a real question BTW.
If it's coming from your axle area: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...metallic+click

Originally Posted by caymandive
Anyway, while reading through the comments in this thread the two sayings "Don't judge a book by the cover" and "If it aint broke don't fix it" kept coming to mind.
That's why I'm still stock
Old 05-18-12, 01:43 PM
rtr01
Rookie

Oh my issues are well documented on this site. In case you don't recall much, my headers were meant to be the ones that were going to be dyno tested with elites for everyones information. That all went bust. As far as the issues I'm making out of nothing, I am quite confident that they would have leaked had I installed them out of the box. YOU had no concern because they installed them at JE for you. Go look at the pictures again. The header ports are not even close to the gaskets. The welds are poor quality too. Many air bubble was filled out, with many still there. I only took them down to what I felt was good enough to provide a good surface for the gaskets to sit on, not some cheap, bubbled, uneven, not even flat excuse for "originaly designed extra leverage for pinching gasket" welds. Also, I didn't return them because it was almost a year between when I got them and when I installed them. Also that by the time I paid for shipping and duties and whatnot I didn't feel like just eating $400 and not having anything to show for it. So I made the best of a bad situation. Given the choice again, I would never recommend SIKKY product. I see now even after all that time that SIKKY hasn't bothered to do any form of quality control on a well criticized quality of workmanship. PPE leaves them in the dust for quality and piece of mind. PPE helped me get a new O2 sim, SIKKY couldn't care less when I needed a new one. All those people that installed cats just because of the smell, I'm 99.99% sure they have leaks filtering in to the car from the engine bay. Mine does not even smell unless you are sniffing the exhaust pipes. Also, side by side comparison with another header, joez isf, mine flows much better. There is a very noticeable difference in the gas flow.

Just keep the wool over your eyes and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 05-18-12, 07:14 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rtr01, you're lowerideraz's son, right?
Old 05-18-12, 07:30 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7No

Easy guys, we all know Lou is a "Senior" senior citizen, but he is just saying what he feels to be accurate. I do agree that he has interjected his opinion in literally EVERY single header thread promoting PPE headers (So much so I wonder if he may be getting a cut of the sales ) but in all seriousness I can see his point with regards to the flange issue. If Sikki is serious about this being a designed in issue I must point to the fact that the weld grove is oddly missing in some areas around each tube. One must therefore conclude that the "design" is not being closely followed by the builder/assembler of the headers. I for one would not feel very comfortable fitting these to my vehicle for this very reason.
Old 05-18-12, 07:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by ming15237
Easy guys, we all know Lou is a "Senior" senior citizen.
Originally Posted by 7No
Guys, let's knock of the personal commentary please and keep this thread on the topic of the headers.
Old 05-18-12, 10:25 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

"All those people that installed cats just because of the smell, I'm 99.99% sure they have leaks filtering in to the car from the engine bay."

Logic tells me that just because you have headers is not a reason why you start smelling gas unless you have a leak somewhere upstream of the vent intake. No way you will smell gas even if you have headers if the exhaust gases are all coming out of your exhaust pipe unless you are inside a closed garage.

Again it's your car and your money and I certainly wish all of us great experiences with our cars.
Old 05-18-12, 11:20 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Peace of mind is priceless.....
Old 05-19-12, 02:57 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb Fyi

Originally Posted by Autobacs
"All those people that installed cats just because of the smell, I'm 99.99% sure they have leaks filtering in to the car from the engine bay."

Logic tells me that just because you have headers is not a reason why you start smelling gas unless you have a leak somewhere upstream of the vent intake. No way you will smell gas even if you have headers if the exhaust gases are all coming out of your exhaust pipe unless you are inside a closed garage.

Again it's your car and your money and I certainly wish all of us great experiences with our cars.
Not entirely true my friends..

I have been around a few IS-F's (+ many other cars) with Full Exhausts & Headers...
(NO CATS & NO LEAKS)

The "unburnt fuel" smell finds its way into the interior cabin easily with windows open...
The smell exiting the exhaust tail pipes can surround the car as well, just sitting at a stop light or in your driveway, or anywhere else when the car is on and standing still.
Garage not required....

Usually there is no smell present when driving in a forward direction... LoL

~ Joe Z
Old 05-19-12, 03:15 PM
psixtc
Pole Position

My catless WRX has a horrible unburnt fuel smell and I'm leak free. I can't even park in the garage because it makes my house smell like gas when I walk in.
Old 05-19-12, 09:51 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I too am now catless...my wife just had a JE Import Performance install a set a Sikky headers on my car. It was a surprise early father's day gift. She couldn't keep the secret any longer and let me know today. She had it dyno'd, and it put down 405 whp. I am away on work right now...can't wait to drive it when I get back.
Old 05-19-12, 09:59 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymkata
I too am now catless...my wife just had a JE Import Performance install a set a Sikky headers on my car. It was a surprise early father's day gift. She couldn't keep the secret any longer and let me know today. She had it dyno'd, and it put down 405 whp. I am away on work right now...can't wait to drive it when I get back.
You got an awesome wife

Quick Reply: SIKKY Headers came in... Got A Question?