ISC Owners, any complaints - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   > > > >
Log In 

ISC Owners, any complaints

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-10, 03:37 AM   #1
GrdnRxR
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
GrdnRxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii
Posts: 431
Default ISC Owners, any complaints

Do any of the ISC owners have complaints? noise ,ride, room? Did any of you come from another Lexus, if so what?
GrdnRxR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 04:36 AM   #2
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot
iTrader: (14)
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 1,718
Default

None from me. Came from an 06 IS350 sedan (and an 05 mustang gt convertible). Basically the front seats forward are the same/similar to the sedan......but with a retractable roof.

Not much rear seat room.....a little less than the sedan....but I don't use the back seats so I don't care.
Rear trunk room is basically non-existent with the top down. But, with the top up, it's actually pretty roomy...as long as the pull out "protector" is stowed.

There were a couple of rattles......a main one being in the rear roll-bar covers that others on my.is seem to have as well, but that was fixed by the dealer. The other rattle I hear is inevitable with pillarless cars...which is a very minor rattle from the side windows rubbing.

Vert wise--> it's VERY nice compared to the stang. Very little (if any) cowl shake, an inevitable rattle or two, but unfortunately a much smaller trunk.
IS-C wise vs sedan --> very weird driving a similar car to what I had but with no roof. A little less "sporty" to drive, but a very nice cruiser. Also, they've made some subtle changes vs. the 06 that makes it similar but different from what I had before.


Also, here's a good review that philip did awhile ago: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...est-drive.html
mikes rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 10:09 AM   #3
foxwiz
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrdnRxR View Post
Do any of the ISC owners have complaints? noise ,ride, room? Did any of you come from another Lexus, if so what?

I have had my IS250C for 7 months now. A couple of months ago, the roof started to rattle. Took it in and the dealer fixed the front rattle. The rattle then moved to the right side. Took it in again and now the rear of the roof rattles. They mostly fixed it but it still rattles a bit. Also, where the roof meets the top of the windshield, once the roof is closed, the top isn't flush.

Dealer said there isn't any more they can do to make the top flush. We shall see about that one!

My wife drives a 2007 RX400h and we both love the vehicle.
foxwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 10:47 AM   #4
C-man jr
Pole Position
 
C-man jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 233
Default

I'm also interested about your experiences with the car, since I'm planning on getting one to replace my 2008 IS250 in the following years. I asked for pictures of a black convertible with a white interiot in another topic, but didn't get any, at least not the last time I checked, but that's the color combo I'm planning to get and it would be nice to see some photos of it.
C-man jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 05:21 PM   #5
JaxIS250
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 177
Default

I have had mine about 2 months now, and LOVE IT.....

I had an 08 IS250 2 cars ago, then my previous car was an 08 RX400h....and now I have the 10' IS250c, 6 speed manual.
I have not had any issues with the roof or anything. Biggest difference is space compared to the RX400h........I was used to throwing my bike in the back of the RX and just going, where as now I have to put a bike rack on the trunk........
Like someone said above, with the top up, there is a ton of trunk space....with the top down, trunk is useless....I am a single person, no kids or anything, so having a "2 seater" car is fine with me.
I love the car and would highly recommend it.
JaxIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-10, 06:26 PM   #6
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot
iTrader: (14)
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 1,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-man jr View Post
I asked for pictures of a black convertible with a white interiot in another topic, but didn't get any, at least not the last time I checked, but that's the color combo I'm planning to get and it would be nice to see some photos of it.
see here: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...ml#post5166544
mikes rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 08:24 PM   #7
LexusSC430
Lead Lap
 
LexusSC430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 491
Default

Im a little late to the party on this one, but I have no real complaints. Do I wish it was a V-8 Twinturbo that was 30k? Sure!!! I too had one of the original 06 350s. Doesnt feel as quick, the f-sport springs help in handling. Def. a few upgardes over the 06 though.

The roof can creek here and there, but cmon its a convertible. I do love the car, and i love the fact that its a lil deifferent than my old IS.
LexusSC430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 12:34 PM   #8
JasDmw
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 227
Default

Just posted almost the same message on another thread, so pardon the repition. We are looking for a drop top for the 2nd car, my daily commuter. Wife hogs the RX! Am looking a the ISC series and the VW Eos. Wondering if anyone has done a comparrison and come to a conclusion either way? I see pros/cons both ways, but the Eos seems to be winning out;

1 - less $
2 - sunroof for top up days
3 - FWD for winter use here in the great white north
4 - a few years and product bumps under it's belt

Would appreciate input from someone who looked at both and made a purchase of one or the other.
JasDmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 03:06 PM   #9
RXSwoosh
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Washington
Posts: 53
Default

I have had mine for just two weeks. My first vert but it is everything I expected the Lexus to be and am loving it. MikesRX covered most of my comments. My wife has the RX400h and is what really pushed me towards staying with Lexus. My kids are almost grown and don't want to drive with Dad much any more so the backseat becomes the trunk when the roof is stowed. I wish I had driven it before I had the f-sport wheels and stabilization just so that I could have been able to know the difference. It is extremely fun to drive and I can see that I will need to invest in radar detection. If it is the same quality as the RX, I know I will be happy with it for years to come.
RXSwoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 06:27 AM   #10
alvadido
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasDmw View Post
Just posted almost the same message on another thread, so pardon the repition. We are looking for a drop top for the 2nd car, my daily commuter. Wife hogs the RX! Am looking a the ISC series and the VW Eos. Wondering if anyone has done a comparrison and come to a conclusion either way? I see pros/cons both ways, but the Eos seems to be winning out;

1 - less $
2 - sunroof for top up days
3 - FWD for winter use here in the great white north
4 - a few years and product bumps under it's belt

Would appreciate input from someone who looked at both and made a purchase of one or the other.
I went to look at both of those cars. I had the same questions you did. I have a customer who sells the VW and they've had to be taken in for leaks. Yes, leaks!!! I ended up getting the ISC, and its the best car from the 2. And the Eos is more "femenine" too.

#1-If you can afford the Lexus you should not even question it.
#2-Sunroof??? You dont need a sunroof, thats why its convertible.
#3-I'll give you that one only.
#4-Its a Lexus.
alvadido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 06:34 AM   #11
alvadido
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 2
Default

ISC 250-Tungsten Silver-Black Int. I'd like to program my remote to open the top. Does anyone know how to do this? I'd like to take it in to a dealer if possible.
alvadido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 01:49 PM   #12
ColtM4A3
Pole Position
 
ColtM4A3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
None from me. Came from an 06 IS350 sedan (and an 05 mustang gt convertible). Basically the front seats forward are the same/similar to the sedan......but with a retractable roof.

Not much rear seat room.....a little less than the sedan....but I don't use the back seats so I don't care.
Rear trunk room is basically non-existent with the top down. But, with the top up, it's actually pretty roomy...as long as the pull out "protector" is stowed.

There were a couple of rattles......a main one being in the rear roll-bar covers that others on my.is seem to have as well, but that was fixed by the dealer. The other rattle I hear is inevitable with pillarless cars...which is a very minor rattle from the side windows rubbing.

Vert wise--> it's VERY nice compared to the stang. Very little (if any) cowl shake, an inevitable rattle or two, but unfortunately a much smaller trunk.
IS-C wise vs sedan --> very weird driving a similar car to what I had but with no roof. A little less "sporty" to drive, but a very nice cruiser. Also, they've made some subtle changes vs. the 06 that makes it similar but different from what I had before.


Also, here's a good review that philip did awhile ago: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...est-drive.html
Looks like Mike has saved me some typing, I went from a Stang vert to the IS-C and my experience has been the same. Past the typical rattle when hitting bumps in the road it's been perfect. I just hope Lexus is making an F vert by the time I'm ready for a new one.
ColtM4A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 02:08 PM   #13
foxwiz
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwiz View Post
I have had my IS250C for 7 months now. A couple of months ago, the roof started to rattle. Took it in and the dealer fixed the front rattle. The rattle then moved to the right side. Took it in again and now the rear of the roof rattles. They mostly fixed it but it still rattles a bit. Also, where the roof meets the top of the windshield, once the roof is closed, the top isn't flush.

Dealer said there isn't any more they can do to make the top flush. We shall see about that one!

My wife drives a 2007 RX400h and we both love the vehicle.
It's now 4 1/2 months later and I just took my IS250C back to the dealer yesterday. After 5 times of not being able to fix my car, Toyota purchased the car back. Turned in the keys, signed the paperwork and the car will now go up for auction.

Decided that Toyota/Lexus still has too many problems on their plate to purchase another vehicle from them at this time so I have decided to get the Infiniti G37 convertible.
foxwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 08:32 PM   #14
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot
iTrader: (14)
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 1,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwiz View Post
It's now 4 1/2 months later and I just took my IS250C back to the dealer yesterday. After 5 times of not being able to fix my car, Toyota purchased the car back. Turned in the keys, signed the paperwork and the car will now go up for auction.

Decided that Toyota/Lexus still has too many problems on their plate to purchase another vehicle from them at this time so I have decided to get the Infiniti G37 convertible.
I'm wondering: Did they buy back your car for the rattles or for the roof fitment. Buying back your car cause of rattles sounds kinda strange..........buying back your car cause the roof couldn't be adjusted is something else

Not to sound like a jerk, but this is a convertible. Yes, a lexus convertible, but a convertible nonetheless. Certain rattles are inevitable due to design.

I will agree though that the rattles are annoying when the top is up, but my way of solving it: radio on and/or top down.......seems to help thus far
mikes rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 09:00 PM   #15
cadfael_te
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: KS
Posts: 85
Default

No complaints really with mine (except for a brief bit of sticker shock a couple of weeks ago when I redid my budget lol). Only one problem was one of the motors burned out with the top half way down but it was fixed quickly by the dealer. no rattles - knock on wood. bought it in november.
cadfael_te is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISC250 (2013) rear wheel drive question sandycar1 IS C 2 09-16-15 04:24 PM
Need help with ISC Wind Deflector texasjohn IS C 5 04-27-15 08:00 AM
Roof Rattle 2010 ISc Machog IS C 8 07-10-14 08:46 AM
ISC--ISF rear? ds111htown IS C 4 03-23-14 01:07 PM
ISC Windscreen freeflight IS C 18 11-11-12 03:00 PM


Tags
10, 250, 350, clublexus, complaints, convertible, is350, isc, lexus, models, noise, problems, reviewslexus, user, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved