IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

5 Reasons Why the Lexus Sriracha IS is Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-16, 03:05 AM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlitoIS
I mean is it a advertising thing or is this a real life IS package? Will we see this on the road? I'm lost as to why this happened.
Sadly, this happens to the best of them, eventually...
Old 12-05-16, 04:14 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlitoIS
I mean is it a advertising thing or is this a real life IS package? Will we see this on the road? I'm lost as to why this happened.
Not a real for sale model, marketing.
Old 12-05-16, 07:19 AM
PattiPatti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No way!

Here is the link to the Lexus Sriracha IS "ad:"

I think this a Super Bowl-quality ad, but not possibly a "real" car that will be available for public consumption (excuse the food reference).

BTW, I'd *kill* anyone I caught licking my IS.
Old 12-05-16, 10:36 AM
EJ255t
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well lexus found a way to degrade their car!! everything about it looks super cheap!!!
Old 12-05-16, 11:08 AM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EJ255t
well lexus found a way to degrade their car!! everything about it looks super cheap!!!
Looks like something Hyundai or Kia would do.
Old 12-05-16, 12:24 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

lol. Next people will be saying the other "LIT" model they showed, is real

"If the Lexus Sriracha IS wasn’t your flavor, Toyota’s luxury division has built another one-off sedan that should get your attention, and possibly the attention of astronauts in low Earth orbit. The Lexus LIT IS uses 41,999 LEDs to display graphics, pulse in time to music, and respond to human gestures.

Built in collaboration with online music distributor VEVO, the LIT IS started life as a 2017 IS sedan, but was wrapped in programmable LEDs to turn it into a rolling screen. The LEDs were applied by hand and required 5,280 feet of wire. If the strips were placed end to end, they’d extend nearly half a mile, according to Lexus. When all the lights are fully lit, the car produces 175,000 lumens. In a video, Lexus demonstrates how the lights can react to certain gestures. For example, a pushing motion sends a ripple through the car’s body, changing the lights’ color as it passes. The car can also illuminate and pulse in sync to music, displaying custom animations to the beat of your favorite song."

http://www.motortrend.com/news/lit-o...arly-42k-leds/

Attached Thumbnails 5 Reasons Why the Lexus Sriracha IS is Amazing-lexus-lit-is-front-three-quarters.jpg  
Old 12-05-16, 01:28 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

It appears the marketing group doesn't have enough to do so they come up with these kinds of things. A "fail" for creativity.
Old 12-05-16, 02:26 PM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
lol. Next people will be saying the other "LIT" model they showed, is real

"If the Lexus Sriracha IS wasn’t your flavor, Toyota’s luxury division has built another one-off sedan that should get your attention, and possibly the attention of astronauts in low Earth orbit. The Lexus LIT IS uses 41,999 LEDs to display graphics, pulse in time to music, and respond to human gestures.

Built in collaboration with online music distributor VEVO, the LIT IS started life as a 2017 IS sedan, but was wrapped in programmable LEDs to turn it into a rolling screen. The LEDs were applied by hand and required 5,280 feet of wire. If the strips were placed end to end, they’d extend nearly half a mile, according to Lexus. When all the lights are fully lit, the car produces 175,000 lumens. In a video, Lexus demonstrates how the lights can react to certain gestures. For example, a pushing motion sends a ripple through the car’s body, changing the lights’ color as it passes. The car can also illuminate and pulse in sync to music, displaying custom animations to the beat of your favorite song
Just when you thought things couldn't get worse........
Old 12-05-16, 05:24 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love siracha and that car is incredible haha