IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Can you get an SD card from Lexus WITHOUT Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-16, 06:54 AM
monospeed3
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can you get an SD card from Lexus WITHOUT Nav?

Hi Guys,

Just bought myself a 2014 IS350 AWD F-Sport. After I got it, I realized the navigation didn't work because there was no microSD card. Not a big deal as I already have a plug-in GPS to use. However, now that I am trying to use the voice command button, this does work either. Apparently, the SD card enables this feature too, not just the navigation. (and maybe other features I don't know about)

Is it possible to get the microSD card from Lexus without the navigation maps installed? Its not worth it to me to spend +$200 for the nav maps when I already have a GPS.

I have already called lexus and the person I spoke to said I can't get the card without the navigation maps but I am hesitant to believe them.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 09-23-16, 11:29 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by monospeed3
Hi Guys,

Just bought myself a 2014 IS350 AWD F-Sport. After I got it, I realized the navigation didn't work because there was no microSD card. Not a big deal as I already have a plug-in GPS to use. However, now that I am trying to use the voice command button, this does work either. Apparently, the SD card enables this feature too, not just the navigation. (and maybe other features I don't know about)

Is it possible to get the microSD card from Lexus without the navigation maps installed? Its not worth it to me to spend +$200 for the nav maps when I already have a GPS.

I have already called lexus and the person I spoke to said I can't get the card without the navigation maps but I am hesitant to believe them.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Go back and demand for the SD card. Lexus shouldn't screw you like that. You pay for navigation, you GET navigation. Unless it was said otherwise during the point of purchase.

This car was CPO correct?
Old 09-23-16, 12:35 PM
monospeed3
Rookie

Originally Posted by nathantse
Go back and demand for the SD card. Lexus shouldn't screw you like that. You pay for navigation, you GET navigation. Unless it was said otherwise during the point of purchase.

This car was CPO correct?

Sorry I should have clarified... It's not a CPO. I got it from a Chrysler dealer. The car has the option to use navigation but when I click it, it doesn't work since there's no SD card, as well as the voice command.
Old 09-23-16, 12:46 PM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Did the deal include working navigation?

Sorry I should have clarified... It's not a CPO. I got it from a Chrysler dealer. The car has the option to use navigation but when I click it, it doesn't work since there's no SD card, as well as the voice command.
If you paid for a used car with navigation and it isn't working, take it back and have the dealer fix it. It is just that simple.
Old 09-23-16, 01:14 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Well CPO or not. You paid for a Nav system. It was advertised that it optioned with Nav yeah? Take it back.
Old 09-24-16, 07:47 AM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The navigation Micro SD costs $250 and you can purchase one at any Toyota or Lexus dealership. Just buy a new one and plug it in. They work 100%of the time.

Here I searched for you.

http://www.lexusnavigation.com/what-to-order/

Last edited by manchild; 09-24-16 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-24-16, 08:39 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

When you test drive the car you didn't notice missing Nav map screen? That should have been a red flag.
Old 09-24-16, 09:10 AM
monospeed3
Rookie

Originally Posted by manchild
The navigation Micro SD costs $250 and you can purchase one at any Toyota or Lexus dealership. Just buy a new one and plug it in. They work 100%of the time.
Yeah I know, I'm just trying to see if I can get the SD card and not have the nav on it to save money.
Old 09-24-16, 09:12 AM
monospeed3
Rookie

Originally Posted by dojoman
When you test drive the car you didn't notice missing Nav map screen? That should have been a red flag.
I did and the guy said it was "configuring".... I didn't know the car well enough to know otherwise.
Old 09-24-16, 09:24 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I did and the guy said it was "configuring".... I didn't know the car well enough to know otherwise.
So why not go back to the dealer and ask them to fix it? Did you buy the car without a warranty?
Old 09-24-16, 09:29 AM
monospeed3
Rookie

Originally Posted by LeapFrog
So why not go back to the dealer and ask them to fix it? Did you buy the car without a warranty?
Yeah I'm gunna try that. And yes it has bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 09-25-16, 06:58 AM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I brought my car from Automax Atlanta and upon arrival I found out the SD card was missing. They were supposed to order one but 2 weeks and three different stories later along with me threatening to return the car, I brought one from my local lexus dealer and the place I purchased my car from just cut me a check and mailed it to me. YES definitely get them to either get a sd card or give u the money and get it yourself (preferably).