IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport Bumper Sex Change

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-16, 06:38 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I still like the looks of the base bumper more. Just wished there were more aftermarket lip choices for it
Old 05-25-16, 07:19 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i also have the luxury package. what did you do with the park assist sensors? Did the body shop you brought it to bore custom holes?
No actually the f sport in my country comes with the same specs as the luxury package, so the sensors locations/bores are available. However you could still do it in any shop, since they are just holes.
Old 05-25-16, 09:55 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
how much does the entire OEM kit cost? do you happen to know?
I've never priced it out with new parts, but i'm sure it's over $1K... But if you buy used, i'm sure you can save a lot of money. Hard part is finding them used. But if it were me, i'd be patient and find it used rather than spend $500+ on installing and painting a part that is sub-par to OEM. It will be worth it in the end for something as major as a front bumper.
Old 05-25-16, 10:29 PM
Silveon
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know if I need a fender liner? Or does my base oem already have one?
Old 05-26-16, 12:59 AM
atomic250
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silveon
Does anyone know if I need a fender liner? Or does my base oem already have one?
Your car already comes with liners. Have you asked your dealership how much it cost for the oem painted f-sport bumper? This way you don't have to get it painted and just install it yourself. Honestly, you don't even need to take it to a shop to install it because you just have to remove a couple screws and pull it out to swap. This conversion should cost more than $1000.
Old 05-26-16, 05:38 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
No actually the f sport in my country comes with the same specs as the luxury package, so the sensors locations/bores are available. However you could still do it in any shop, since they are just holes.
i don't understand why the north american releases always seem to have something missing that's available everywhere else.

Originally Posted by CLUM
I've never priced it out with new parts, but i'm sure it's over $1K... But if you buy used, i'm sure you can save a lot of money. Hard part is finding them used. But if it were me, i'd be patient and find it used rather than spend $500+ on installing and painting a part that is sub-par to OEM. It will be worth it in the end for something as major as a front bumper.
thanks for the insight. i think that if i were to do it i would purchase all new because buying a used bumper is sure to have rock chips all over it unless it was covered with paint protection film and that would be even more rare to find than a bumper that someone doesn't want.
Old 05-26-16, 09:17 AM
rizzagt22
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So i am going to pull the trigger and convert my base front bumper to the fsport bumper +grill. I got my 2014 nebula grey pearl base model for only $20k with taxes and everything, because my boyfriend is a law enforcement officer and he was able to get it since it was an impound (clean title, 16k miles, great overall condition). So i just paid cash up front since it was an amazing deal

I've been such a fan of the grill for awhile and no aftermarket vendors have created just the "grill section" for base, I can second that from nine other base owners on clublexus who says the same thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-16-Lex...hXAqHh&vxp=mtr

I did this upgrade recently and I have a full list of the parts which I purchased direct from my local dealer. Its more than just a bumper and grille, the air ducts leading to the brakes are different on the Base Vs. F Sport.

1) Have anyone bought from that seller before? if not, what other buyers do you reconmend. I can pay shipping or pick up anywhere in California (i live in orange county but go as far north as San Jose every now and then) --> Its not a direct fit, buy the OEM from the dealer.

2) As far as what is included, i know it is missing only the emblem (from what i see, correct me if i am wrong). Would my Base emblem fit into the new bumper/grill? --> Your emblem can be transferred to the F Sport bumper.

3) Would my base's fog lights fit the fsport bumper? No, try iJDMtoy as they have an option for the F Sport fog lights.

4) I know i need to get it painted and installed, does anyone know local shops in Orange County or Santa Clara county that offer these services that you can reconmend? Try working with the autobody shop which your local dealer works with as they have more experience working with your car and would have a better idea as to what is needed parts wise.

5) Im thinking of adding a lip too, what do you reconmend? Pictures and links would be great. A lot of different suppliers, check the forum.

6) What else would i need to know?
This upgrade including parts, paint and labor runs about $1,300 if you want it done right and have it look OEM.
Old 05-29-16, 09:59 AM
qbanghost
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not too sure to be exact, but i know the OEM sport grill (top and bottom + chrome edges) would be almost $500 or just those three pieces. I can imagine the OEM bumper would at least be $800
It is your car and your taste therefore is up to you as to which route you take but ( considerin you paid upfront ) this means you dont have a payment to make, personally would hold off and get the real deal and not have anything to worry about. You might even get lucky and find one in your color already so it might save you cash on the painting portion. Good luck
Old 05-29-16, 03:51 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I've also been looking into doing this, but definitely not all at once. If we left the non-f bumper, would the spindle grille/trim still fit?
Old 05-29-16, 09:31 PM
Relyt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i am going to pull the trigger and convert my base front bumper to the fsport bumper +grill. I got my 2014 nebula grey pearl base model for only $20k with taxes and everything, because my boyfriend is a law enforcement officer and he was able to get it since it was an impound (clean title, 16k miles, great overall condition). So i just paid cash up front since it was an amazing deal

I've been such a fan of the grill for awhile and no aftermarket vendors have created just the "grill section" for base, I can second that from nine other base owners on clublexus who says the same thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-16-Lex...hXAqHh&vxp=mtr

1) Have anyone bought from that seller before? if not, what other buyers do you reconmend. I can pay shipping or pick up anywhere in California (i live in orange county but go as far north as San Jose every now and then)

2) As far as what is included, i know it is missing only the emblem (from what i see, correct me if i am wrong). Would my Base emblem fit into the new bumper/grill?

3) Would my base's fog lights fit the fsport bumper?

4) I know i need to get it painted and installed, does anyone know local shops in Orange County or Santa Clara county that offer these services that you can reconmend?

5) Im thinking of adding a lip too, what do you reconmend? Pictures and links would be great.

6) What else would i need to know?

Tell your boyfriend to stay safe! Another Thin Blue Line Brother here/ LEO!
Old 05-30-16, 01:56 AM
Silveon
Rookie

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
I've also been looking into doing this, but definitely not all at once. If we left the non-f bumper, would the spindle grille/trim still fit?

It will not fit! The screws and such are off. Unless you're somehow great with super glue or something, wish I was would' saved me a ton a money
Old 05-30-16, 01:57 AM
Silveon
Rookie

Originally Posted by Relyt
Tell your boyfriend to stay safe! Another Thin Blue Line Brother here/ LEO!

Definitely, thank you! You stay safe yourself
Old 05-30-16, 02:46 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It will not fit! The screws and such are off. Unless you're somehow great with super glue or something, wish I was would' saved me a ton a money
I see. That's unfortunate; I guess I'll wait until I have enough to do it all in 1 go then!

Thanks Silveon
Old 05-30-16, 04:55 AM
weirdone
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice setup!