IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Redesigned 2017 Lexus IS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-16, 09:59 PM
RRUBI1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it! I was hoping they would put the ASC from the NX on the 200t.
Old 04-24-16, 10:03 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
I'll be taking a diffuser (not sure fsport or regular, there is difference between two) for my car as soon as i can find a part number when the car is released. lol

and will look into retrofitting new stereo and 10" LCD monitor in a year when one of these crash and vulture it

everything else I can live without for now
it's like you read my mind lol
Old 04-24-16, 10:04 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dstopsie
I like the changes. Probably going to wait on trading in my RC 350 until the new IS comes out. The RC sits to low for me and I'm having back issues so I'm going to have to trade it out early even though I love the car

I like the way the back looks with the rectangular muffler tips look on the new model
didn't you just get out of the IS to get into the RC like less than a year ago? lol
Old 04-24-16, 10:05 PM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Taillights looking similar to the original LF-CC concept. Like the look from the back.
Old 04-24-16, 10:12 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Love how the non fsport has a consistent grille all the way down... Just wish the headlights were like the fsport...

Love it... Might have to trade in my 2is now.
Old 04-24-16, 10:24 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
didn't you just get out of the IS to get into the RC like less than a year ago? lol
Yes I did. But I found out in February that I need back surgery. RC sits way too low and aggravates my back problem. I love my RC but it's just not practical to take people out in because the backseat is useless and the truck is too small. It does aggravate my back sitting so low and my IS did not give me the same problems. I never intended to keep the RC long-term and like I said it's a great car but I prefer the IS. It was always my goal to get rid of the RC by the end of this year
Old 04-24-16, 10:35 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

some other things i noticed changed,

-steering wheel controls (circle shape style) are updated like the other Lexus models to square shape style
-HVAC controls and stereo front has Brush aluminum look throughout at least on the ML version pictured. Less of a scratch magnet in this finish. (i like this a lot)
-different rear diffuser between regular and Fsport version
-highly doubt the fsport headlights we will get will look like the photos we've seen so far, bet due to DOT regulation, there will be a peice of orange reflector tossed in there somewhere to throw off the clean-ness of the look it has so far.
-hood looks to be the same so those that are interested in the retrofitting refresh front end can probably get by with just headlights and bumper.
-Exhaust tip is the exact same one as the ones on the Lexus RC350/RC200t

Last edited by specONE; 04-24-16 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-24-16, 10:43 PM
gnawhdivad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meh the rear taillights look like a hyundai elantra..... but the diffuser is such a win!
Old 04-24-16, 10:49 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Yes I did. But I found out in February that I need back surgery. RC sits way too low and aggravates my back problem. I love my RC but it's just not practical to take people out in because the backseat is useless and the truck is too small. It does aggravate my back sitting so low and my IS did not give me the same problems. I never intended to keep the RC long-term and like I said it's a great car but I prefer the IS. It was always my goal to get rid of the RC by the end of this year
sorry to hear. let's trade cars
Old 04-24-16, 11:01 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by gnawhdivad
meh the rear taillights look like a hyundai elantra..... but the diffuser is such a win!
I have feeling this new stock diffuser will only look good with quad exhausts like.
Looks like IS getting same muffler tip as the Lexus RC model.
All the aftermarket exhausts for the RC200t/RC350 went with Quad type style designs. (i.e. tanabe, magnaflow, etc...)

Might be good and bad depending on preferences but we need more Dual Tip exhuast diffusers This new diffuser design will feel like a push more towards quad for companies making exhaust and aftermarket diffusers.

Fsport exhaust for RC got special Diffuser so maybe IS will also get special Fsport exhaust cutout diffuser.
Old 04-24-16, 11:06 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

great update! finally looking unique. now they need to get a new reliable engine.
Old 04-25-16, 12:35 AM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also noticed the darkned air vents on the front panel, frameless RC-style mirror, RC/NX steering wheel button cluster and dechromed, cheap plastic door handles from GS.

FSport LED headlights look like to have some mult-dot LS-style turn signals. I wished to see running stripes from the new RX and LX (((
Old 04-25-16, 12:45 AM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexus says "Hello" to Skipper Japan and makes a good looking rear diffuser ))

Old 04-25-16, 04:49 AM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the front end, non f sport headlights are ugly IMO. F sport headlights look awesome. Like the original 3IS tail lights better, exhaust tips and diffuser are a nice change, but coming from someone who likes to modify their car, my aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket diffuser are more my style (Joe Z exhaust and Stillen diffuser, more aggressive astethically)
Old 04-25-16, 04:58 AM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sigh. Ugly minor-model change IMO. I prefer the front and rear of the current car over the 2017 design. Lexus is starting to lose me here...The head/tail lights just dont make sense to me.

Finally they increase the infotainment screen! Should have been updated in 2015 though. Interior looks good overall.

Now give us more horsepower, torque, and gas mileage.

Quick Reply: Redesigned 2017 Lexus IS