IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anybody use regular fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-15, 12:35 PM
Diesel47
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
sales consultants will tell you the world is flat.
Ha-ha. Exactly.

If dealerships don't treat you 100% right... Why should you treat their car 100% correct?

It's not like things like this aren't already calculated into the fee they take.
Old 12-27-15, 12:36 PM
Machine13
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Higher octane gas doesn't combust quite as easily as lower octane gas. Higher octane gas is required in higher compression engines to reduce the likelihood of pre-combustion and spark-knock during the compression stroke. Pre-combustion can harm engines over time. Our engines have a relatively high compression ratio of around 11.8:1. Pre-combustion will also reduce the performance of the combustion stroke, and thus, the engine.

I think you're very selfish for not caring and trying to save a few bucks at the expense of future owners.

This is one of the many reasons I do not buy used.
Old 12-27-15, 12:38 PM
Machine13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Diesel47
Ha-ha. Exactly.

If dealerships don't treat you 100% right... Why should you treat their car 100% correct?

It's not like things like this aren't already calculated into the fee they take.
It's no longer the dealership's car, it's the banks car, with whom you financed your lease.
Old 12-27-15, 12:51 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Machine13
Higher octane gas doesn't combust quite as easily as lower octane gas. Higher octane gas is required in higher compression engines to reduce the likelihood of pre-combustion and spark-knock during the compression stroke. Pre-combustion can harm engines over time. Our engines have a relatively high compression ratio of around 11.8:1. Pre-combustion will also reduce the performance of the combustion stroke, and thus, the engine.

I think you're very selfish for not caring and trying to save a few bucks at the expense of future owners.

This is one of the many reasons I do not buy used.
bolded portion is what i posted earlier in the thread, but i'll highlight it again because it's absolutely true. complete selfishness.
Old 12-27-15, 01:19 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

The original poster just lost all respect in the Lexus community. The Lexus community will remember your username. This is the way you treat your cars, trash them and turn them in. This is pretty arrogant. Lexus reads these forums and can decipher usernames to owners, they may have already documented this on your lease turn in.
Old 12-27-15, 01:31 PM
3isBear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel47
Just trying to make sure how big of a deal it is to not use premium fuel. No reason to get upset . .
It's hard to not get upset when others are telling you why you should use premium then you proceed to let us know you don't give a damn. You drive the car how you want to and you're letting the future owner take responsibility for your fk-ups. Why wouldn't I be upset!?
Old 12-27-15, 02:21 PM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this thread for real, do you really think 90 percent of leasing buyers really care about future owners of a vehicle....
if so i have a primrose path to sell you about the 2.0 turbo actually matching competitors 0-60 tie or mpg
look at this country its sad but truth is nobody cares about the next guy
thats why i hold door this time of year to teach
Old 12-27-15, 02:32 PM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sales consultants will tell you the world is flat.
The sales consultant actually admitted to their dealership fueling their cars with regular gas for almost every one of their cars except the LFA. I think the rationale was the high inventory turnover. But, yeah they lie and don't know much. What I've learned over the years is that most people are price/cost sensitive if they can figure out how to shave a few bucks off a month they'll do it. Lease guys know they won't deal with a problem before their lease expires and the buyer of a pre-owned vehicle is getting the car at a discount while taking the gamble that the car was well maintained. That's why I only buy new cars.
Old 12-27-15, 02:34 PM
Machine13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ls430lover
is this thread for real, do you really think 90 percent of leasing buyers really care about future owners of a vehicle....
if so i have a primrose path to sell you about the 2.0 turbo actually matching competitors 0-60 tie or mpg
What is the point of that rant?

And for god's sake, learn to use the Cap key already, end sentences with periods, end questions with question marks and use spaces between paragraphs. I've basically stopped reading most of your posts due to your poor grammar. Not that you care, but it's a shame.

Last edited by Machine13; 12-27-15 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-27-15, 02:45 PM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

angry machine drink some saki relax and CHEERS TAKE SOME MEDICI
Old 12-27-15, 02:52 PM
Machine13
Pole Position

angry machine drink some saki relax and CHEERS TAKE SOME MEDICI
Lol! I'm not angry. I just don't think you'll get very far in life practicing grammar like that and was trying to help you out. Really, have a happy new year!
Old 12-27-15, 03:01 PM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

happy 18 MPG ENJOY AND HEALTH AND HAPPINESS
Old 12-27-15, 03:05 PM
Lex2133
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Machine13
What is the point of that rant?

And for god's sake, learn to use the Cap key already, end sentences with periods, end questions with question marks and use spaces between paragraphs. I've basically stopped reading most of your posts due to your poor grammar. Not that you care, but it's a shame.

..bad grammar + too much of 'talking down' to people on this forum. Sadly, takes away from the occasional valid points he/she makes.
Old 12-27-15, 03:12 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i think that while this is likely largely true, that this is a community made up of individuals who are more passionate (to varying degrees) about the marque, or even the model, than the average consumer. if that holds true, then it would seem that maybe, just maybe some sense may be knocked into a few people reading and/or contributing who are doing something that runs counter to what's ethically right.
Old 12-27-15, 03:19 PM
Machine13
Pole Position

i think that while this is likely largely true, that this is a community made up of individuals who are more passionate (to varying degrees) about the marque, or even the model, than the average consumer. if that holds true, then it would seem that maybe, just maybe some sense may be knocked into a few people reading and/or contributing who are doing something that runs counter to what's ethically right.
Well said.

Quick Reply: Anybody use regular fuel?