Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

think a beer and a Rcf test drive at dealer will help
Old 09-20-15, 06:57 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

What's with this "having to ask" stuff?

A wife should not have to ask to take "your" car. You are husband and wife, and you should treat all items as owned together.
Old 09-20-15, 07:24 AM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Like I said, you have serious trust issues in your relationship. If your wife cannot respect the pride you take in your car, she does not respect you. Curbing a wheel, taking out the front bumper, if every time she drives your car she damages it, well then the first time she ****ed up she should know to never driver your car again.

I bet she is ****ing your best friend. Now I'm just kidding about the ****ing part, but if she disrespects you so much to injure your car every time she drives it, well she isn't entirely trustworthy IMO. If she knew she was a hazard on the road, then she wouldn't driver your car to start with.
Not wanting my wife to drive my lowered car hardly means me having trust issues. Shes my wife i married her for a reason.
Old 09-20-15, 07:43 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It sounds like he has had a bad run with women and has trust issues of his own...

I completely understand this situation, my wife is very careful with my car, as she knows that is like a second child to me.... she was pulling into a parking lot and there was a curb that was kind of out of place and she curbed my rear back passenger wheel...

She felt awful and was absolutely dreading telling me. It was hard to not be upset but at the same time she was safe and it is a car, you have to keep that in mind. I would just explain how important the car is to you and for her to be super careful, I would compare it to something that she absolutely loves, maybe here Lululemon pants or an expensive purse etc... I am sure that she felt bad, although she probably should have told you, not your kid
Old 09-20-15, 07:51 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

My wife has learned to pay more attention when driving either car but it was rough in the beginning lol.
Old 09-20-15, 08:15 AM
wickedtaco
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

borrow her car and leave some panties in the back seat.
Old 09-20-15, 09:06 AM
Aleriance
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez... Are you guys really trying to convince this man that he has trust issues because his wife took his car and damaged it on accident? Come on. Let's all take a chill pill. Yes, it is wrong of her to take it if you told her not to, and that needs to be addressed between the two of you, but taking this to the next level is totally unnecessary over an OBJECT. It's a car, it can be fixed. You have to understand sometimes women don't have the ABILITY to see an emotional connection to something like a car, besides the fact that many women expect things around them to just WORK. (They expect to be able to drive every car exactly the same without thinking "hmm this car has a low front end, let me perhaps back into the parking spot") This is something you have to understand and work out peacefully. Sounds like you have a blessing, man. Take a breather and don't let your emotions get the best of you.
Old 09-20-15, 09:51 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Id get it fixed and then take it out of her shoe & handbag allowance
Old 09-20-15, 10:37 AM
Lex2133
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aleriance
geez... Are you guys really trying to convince this man that he has trust issues because his wife took his car and damaged it on accident? Come on. Let's all take a chill pill. Yes, it is wrong of her to take it if you told her not to, and that needs to be addressed between the two of you, but taking this to the next level is totally unnecessary over an object. It's a car, it can be fixed. You have to understand sometimes women don't have the ability to see an emotional connection to something like a car, besides the fact that many women expect things around them to just work. (they expect to be able to drive every car exactly the same without thinking "hmm this car has a low front end, let me perhaps back into the parking spot") this is something you have to understand and work out peacefully. Sounds like you have a blessing, man. Take a breather and don't let your emotions get the best of you.
^^^ this ^^
Old 09-20-15, 11:40 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes we all forget how little non car enthusiasts, which is most people, care about their car. Car is a replaceable object, gone today get a new one tomorrow, while wife is a human being with feelings. She cracks your bumper, show her that you care more about her than the car, you will earn brownie points for new car upgrades lol.
Old 09-20-15, 12:05 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

You my friend have to make a choice(s):

1. Suck it up, say nothing, and just get it fixed.
2. Hide the keys from now on.
3. Make her suffer..
4. Explode, give her ******, and tell her never to touch your car again
5. Divorce
6. Ask for BJ's for life, or whatever other sex act you prefer to make it up to you.

Personally, I explained to wife before we got the car, she is allowed to drive it since she ponyed up half the cash, but if she scratches it, I will be totally pissed. If she gets into an accident I don't give a crap about the car as long as she is okay.

In the end it is only a car and it can be fixed. It is just going to hurt the pocket book a bit.
Old 09-20-15, 01:00 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

That's a bummer.

As a gal, I love cars and would treat another's personal belonging (especially a car) with the same care and respect as my own.

Sure it's a car and can be fixed but I too would be pissed for a while no matter who it was. As a fellow 350 owner, the car's not exactly cheap to fix, it's not a Civic. Nor is it a Maserati.

The right thing for her to do is to pay for the damages. If it were me, I would, out of guilt. And, the fact that she didn't disclose what happened and your kid told you? Wrong. Taking your car w/o your permission? Wrong.

In one of your older posts, your wife has a 2015 RX 350 F? How does she drive her car?
Old 09-20-15, 01:24 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wickedtaco
borrow her car and leave some panties in the back seat.

end of the day, **** happens. I'm sure it wasn't intentional even if it was careless...

I see this post as nothing more than a rant/vent session... which is of course a perfectly acceptable use of an internet forum. I dont see trust issues.

With my wife I simply took her out and warned her for things to pay attention to. Parking bricks, going side was up steep curbs/driveways, being extra cautious when parallel parking.

I'm sure she's sorry... get it fixed and move on.

PS kudos on having your kid being your personal snitch... remember that when its time for him/her to get his/her first car

Last edited by starbai; 09-20-15 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-20-15, 02:52 PM
Kov
Driver

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Like I said, you have serious trust issues in your relationship. If your wife cannot respect the pride you take in your car, she does not respect you. Curbing a wheel, taking out the front bumper, if every time she drives your car she damages it, well then the first time she ****ed up she should know to never driver your car again.

I bet she is ****ing your best friend. Now I'm just kidding about the ****ing part, but if she disrespects you so much to injure your car every time she drives it, well she isn't entirely trustworthy IMO. If she knew she was a hazard on the road, then she wouldn't driver your car to start with.
just stop.
Old 09-20-15, 03:52 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

sorry to hear that =/. unfortunately some people are not as conscious that cars mean a lot to us. I mean it can be fixed. i remember when my car got hit a few weeks ago i was so upset because my father helped my buy it and I've been working since i was 15 and used a good chunk of my money towards it. I graduated college and rewarded myself just to have someone hit me and drive away when i was parked. some people done understand its more than just a car, for males its our pride, social status and a representation of ourselves.

That being said, I'm sure she's sorry. just explain to her that she needs to be careful nd that the car means a lot to you. she's the mother of your child, and thats a greater gift than any silly car could give you

Quick Reply: Wife borrowed car without asking and...