IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Need New Front Bumper on IS350 *Help*

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-15, 09:44 AM
MiamiGuy28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need New Front Bumper on IS350 *Help*

Guys, my 2014 IS350 has 30k in basically all highway miles and my front bumper looks like shi*t. Add the fact that someone recently tapped it parallel parking and made an odd looking bump near the headlight, it's time to replace since I am OCD with my car.

It's been a while since I have been on here but I remember Sewell or something like that offered our front bumpers at discounted prices for ClubLexus members. They would also paint it for you and then ship. Is this still the case? Is Sewell no longer in existence? Who is everyone using for quality parts/prices?

What are my options on getting an OEM front bumper painted to match perfectly. I certainly hope the dealer isn't my only option as they will drill me a new one if I go there. Thoughts guys?
Old 09-12-15, 09:52 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

sewell still takes care of CL members. you just have to call their parts department and let them know you're part of CL. or you can give myLparts.com a shot. they offer 10% to CL members, but they will not paint it for you.
Old 09-12-15, 09:56 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe some people have claimed that you could call Sewell Lexus to order.
So perhaps you might give that a try?

www.mylparts.com
www.lexuspartsworld.com

is also an approved vendor on our site that offers discounts as well, however, I'm not sure they have the bumpers though.
Old 09-12-15, 03:08 PM
MiamiGuy28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
sewell still takes care of CL members. you just have to call their parts department and let them know you're part of CL. or you can give myLparts.com a shot. they offer 10% to CL members, but they will not paint it for you.
Thanks guys. I'll give them a call and see what they can do. Are they trustworthy in your opinion as it relates to front bumpers/paint? I don't want to spend significant $$$ if they will paint it like ***** or anything.

Curious if anyone has ever ordered this from them. If not, I would like to know everyone's secret to keeping their bumper nice because I find mine gets chipped so easily from rocks from those annoying semi-trucks. Is Lexus paint that easy to chip? I try to constantly avoid those trucks, but always catch those tiny rocks scampering on the roads and into my bumper. Annoying.
Old 09-12-15, 05:53 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiGuy28
Thanks guys. I'll give them a call and see what they can do. Are they trustworthy in your opinion as it relates to front bumpers/paint? I don't want to spend significant $$$ if they will paint it like ***** or anything.

Curious if anyone has ever ordered this from them. If not, I would like to know everyone's secret to keeping their bumper nice because I find mine gets chipped so easily from rocks from those annoying semi-trucks. Is Lexus paint that easy to chip? I try to constantly avoid those trucks, but always catch those tiny rocks scampering on the roads and into my bumper. Annoying.
paint protection film. my whole front end is covered in xpel ultimate.