IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Dented front passenger fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-15, 02:07 PM
LilBleezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dented front passenger fender

Backing out of a parking spot today and as I was turning I just bumped into one of those yellow concrete pylons (obviously didn't know it was there - just being stupid and careless). So mad at myself right now. What do you guys think? I was planning on hitting up the dealership's collision department tomorrow and a local bodyshop to see what they'd charge for either popping the fender back out or if I'd be better off getting a new OEM fender. I'm sure I'll be neurotic about this until it's fixed - and even then I'll want to make sure it's not noticeable at all (which is why I'm leaning to see what a new fender/paint job would cost). There's a slight paint chip on the bumper where the fender meets the bumper, I'm hoping that's easily fixable as well.

For any of you that's had experience with this - what would you recommend and about how much do you think this will set me back?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Dented front passenger fender-img_1660.jpg  
Old 08-02-15, 03:53 PM
ipanda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilBleezy
Backing out of a parking spot today and as I was turning I just bumped into one of those yellow concrete pylons (obviously didn't know it was there - just being stupid and careless). So mad at myself right now. What do you guys think? I was planning on hitting up the dealership's collision department tomorrow and a local bodyshop to see what they'd charge for either popping the fender back out or if I'd be better off getting a new OEM fender. I'm sure I'll be neurotic about this until it's fixed - and even then I'll want to make sure it's not noticeable at all (which is why I'm leaning to see what a new fender/paint job would cost). There's a slight paint chip on the bumper where the fender meets the bumper, I'm hoping that's easily fixable as well.

For any of you that's had experience with this - what would you recommend and about how much do you think this will set me back?

Thanks.
just take it to the Body Shop ( well known ) in ur area.. They can fix that dent and repaint that fender. No need to get the new fender. The cost maybe less than $500.