IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Beep that occurs when locking/unlocking the vehicle... help please?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-15, 07:06 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beep that occurs when locking/unlocking the vehicle... help please?

Okay this is going to seem like a weird request to some, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

As my 'screen name' would indicate, my very first car (when i first joined this forum) was a 97 Acura CL. Acura CL's had a unique 'chirp' alarm that was specific only to that generation Acura CL and as far as I know was never on any other Honda/Acura or any other car.

It may seem strange but its an endearing trait that I loved on the car and missed with everything I ever owned after.

Years later, at a you pull it junk yard I saw a wrecked CL (not mine specifically). I was able to locate the chirp siren/alarm and scored it for $5. I have since installed it on my previous two vehicles including my 335 that I'm about to trade in for an IS350.

The question is, does any one know if the 'beep speaker' on the IS is something that is easy to get to and how is it wired?

For the BMW and after market alarm I had on another car all I needed was a power and a ground to the siren... the system supplied power to the siren two quick bursts that would make the alarm chirp. If power was supplied longer it would would continue to sound like an alarm

This is it, installed on my BMW if anyone cares to see why I'm trying to figure it out:

Old 07-23-15, 08:13 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 827 Likes on 404 Posts

Pretty sure it's easy to replace. I even think it's right under the hood, passenger side, near the shock tower...
Old 07-23-15, 08:26 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I dont have the car yet... supposedly being delivered to the dealership on August 20th...

Hard to find white with black interior, they seem to all have red on the F-Sport.

I will be sure to look then. Was hoping someone had pics, or knew for sure. But, thank you.