F-Sport Performance Exhaust Resonator/Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-15, 01:23 AM
GreentAzn
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool F-Sport Performance Exhaust Resonator/Muffler Delete

Hello All,

I've owned the F Sport intake and exhaust for over 4 months now. I'm satisfy with the low/deep tone sound of the exhaust but want a little more kick if you know what I mean, especially on a cold start.

I'm looking into the resonator or muffler delete mod and can really use some feedback on those of you who have the F-sport performance exhaust and that have done either one of the option..! So far, i'm leaning more towards the resonator option.

If you have vids, that'd be awesome!

2015 IS 350 F-sport
Old 06-06-15, 03:18 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Not sure if you saw these vids, but posting in case. Even though they're 250s and not true dual exhausts, it gives you a very close idea of sound since the 3.5L V6 just adds a touch more bass. With res-delete, there is a metal rasp at higher revs in this setup if you like that in the first video. Personally, not my thing but I do like the third video with the Magnaflow resonator as it makes the sound louder but still is deep and smooth - See from 3:51 wide open throttle.

Old 06-06-15, 07:55 AM
GreentAzn
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Not sure if you saw these vids, but posting in case. Even though they're 250s and not true dual exhausts, it gives you a very close idea of sound since the 3.5L V6 just adds a touch more bass. With res-delete, there is a metal rasp at higher revs in this setup if you like that in the first video. Personally, not my thing but I do like the third video with the Magnaflow resonator as it makes the sound louder but still is deep and smooth - See from 3:51 wide open throttle.

Lexus IS250 F-Sport Exhaust + F-Sport Intake + Resonator Delete - YouTube

Lexus is250 F sport exhaust + Magnaflow Resonator - YouTube
Thanks for the info man. I very much like the magnaflow resonator mod with the f sport perfomance exhaust! Any particular P/N for this resonator? The YouTube comment didn't give out much..
Old 06-06-15, 11:19 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If you decide to go the muffler delete route, there is a quick video in my build thread to give you an idea on what it sounds like. It's an RC350 but same engine and exhaust..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-thread-2.html

Hope this helps
Old 06-07-15, 05:45 AM
Loe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would sell your fsport exhaust to bank some cash, and then have a shop make custom pipes from the axle back if you want to do a delete.
Old 06-07-15, 06:21 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by GreentAzn
Thanks for the info man. I very much like the magnaflow resonator mod with the f sport perfomance exhaust! Any particular P/N for this resonator? The YouTube comment didn't give out much..
Can't be 100% sure but the Magnaflow resonator would be a 4" round:

Here's what I would get that would fit nicely.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...=main&id=10288

Stock Resonators are 4.5" x 15" with an inner core of only 2", resulting in more volume for fiberglass sound insulation than the Magnaflow. So for sure, you'll get more sound but by how much and how - you'll have to take a little risk in taking the plunge since you'd be the first to my knowledge with this setup. (Unique!)

Last edited by corradoMR2; 06-07-15 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06-07-15, 07:07 AM
Slplknight
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very interresting. I'm planing to do the same but keep the stock mufflers (can't buy F Sport Muffler in Germany...)
Old 06-07-15, 02:57 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Originally Posted by FR500GT
If you decide to go the muffler delete route, there is a quick video in my build thread to give you an idea on what it sounds like. It's an RC350 but same engine and exhaust..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-thread-2.html

Hope this helps
Yo! Thanks for the reply. So I assume you moded your car with a stock IS350 exhaust? Just took out the muffler and changed the tip. Very cool!

I see some comments on the forum that doing a muffler delete takes away HP.. and if removing the resonator there would be no lost of HP?

And honestly, I really don't care if its a muffler delete or resonator.. just want to have a deep toned sound on a cold start and when downshift the exhaust sounds smooth. My current setup with the performance exhaust has few backfire pops and very minimal cracking when downshifting towards 3rd and 2nd gear.
Old 06-07-15, 03:14 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Stock Resonators are 4.5" x 15" with an inner core of only 2", resulting in more volume for fiberglass sound insulation than the Magnaflow. So for sure, you'll get more sound but by how much and how - you'll have to take a little risk in taking the plunge since you'd be the first to my knowledge with this setup. (Unique!)

You've been incredibly helpful! Thanks very much for the detail and your research! I will go with this setup and have it done soon!
Old 06-07-15, 03:26 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Could you attach the link to that magna flow resonator product again? It seemed like the last link you had was pointing somewhere else..
Old 06-07-15, 03:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Start with this: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/02muffler.asp

then select Round Body, Stainless, Center/Center

It's part 10416
Old 06-08-15, 06:46 AM
Sphinx007
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

won't you need to change the pipping size too? I'm not sure if stock is 2.5" pipes .....
Old 05-24-20, 12:02 PM
Jennayy00
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please ! New to the car community

I just bought a 06 Lexus is250 and it’s going to be my project car until I can buy my race car. I’m trying to do most if not all mechanical work myself to save money and to learn more about cars and become part of the community. I want to be LOUDER! I heard the f sport axle back with a resonator delete is a great start. Any comments...opinions?? Also where can I find the parts ?? Videos are helpful also(:
Old 05-25-20, 06:25 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

I know this may not be the best description but I will add in my two cents,
While the lady doesn't have the F-Sport exhaust (she has the Invidia), she like you wanted something with a bit more "oomph" on startup and just a tad more growl without sounding too crazy or worse, raspy. We took a plunge on the resonator delete paired with her catback and it sounds very good in my opinion.

The F-Sport exhaust alone has always been my favorite, but if you did a resonator delete, it would still sound great, without being overbearing like a lot of exhaust setups out there, we did not replace it with any other aftermarket resonator, we simply remove the OEM resonator unit, and welded two pipes in its place.
Old 05-25-20, 06:21 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

sell f sport exhaust if you're going to get a muffler / resonator delete. you literally don't need it because my car is loud af with no muffler / resonator on it. i would take the muffler off first because this gets it louder.. after i got the resonator off, my car is LOUD AF. sounds amazing, i beat the s*** out of my car when i drive it cus it sounds so good.. all my boys are highly impressed.. neighbors hate me though