IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

I get hit by someone now my car is flooded

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-15, 11:50 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rxqd
thanks for the support guys, got to my car finally, as expected all electricity dead, even my keys with electric lock/unlock all dead, i felt my cup holders and it was full of flood water. I got my work badge and just leave it at that.

funny thing is I had so much **** happen to my car in the time span of 5 months for this new car
-windshield crack - had to replace out of pocket 1.5k cause my deductible was almost the same
-windshield crack #2 on new windshield - got it filled
-bumper get hit by a teenager with a driver license for 4 month, haven't gotten it fixed yet but it was their fault
-totaled car from flood damage

I'm not even that mad anymore lol, I can't deal with this
Dang... go to a sauna and sweat out all that bad mojo
Old 05-27-15, 04:10 PM
rxqd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://imgur.com/gallery/fXmEI

hah i'm actually famous now, someone posted on Imgur, probably someone in my complex.

Its so sad that I wanted to get the perfect build, had my wheel,diffuser and spoiler, and waiting on my CF aimgain front lip but now the car is totaled I called them to cancel it and they were gonna ship it out end of this week too after 6 month finally ;(. No photo shoot ever either
Old 05-27-15, 04:39 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,305 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I hope that once you get past the insurance negotiations, they are negotiations, you'll really enjoy shopping for a new car!!
Old 05-27-15, 07:50 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that Bentley and Corvette got f'd too. Don't sweat it man, get a RC now
Old 05-27-15, 08:19 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

I would probably cry if this happened to me.
Btw, nice wheels. I have an obsidian too..they look great!
Old 05-28-15, 12:57 PM
DENNiiEE
Driver School Candidate

I am also in houston also, but man! I didnt know it was that bad in downtown especially in garages! Glad youre okay though!
Old 06-01-15, 04:19 AM
cuddytime
Driver School Candidate

daaayum that's rough... all those cars got eff'd...
Old 06-03-15, 11:32 PM
rxqd
Rookie

Just an update on those who cares what happened, adjuster came last sunday he was pretty cool guy not douchy or shady and today he told me he submitted a total claim for literally exactly what I bought my car for but this include a lot of aftermarket stuff like F Sport Intake + Exhaust + Seibon Diffuser.
-Did I lose money yes, but not as bad as I thought as without the aftermarket parts included on it would still be 36k for the Actual Cash Value.

It is interesting that the Actual Cash Value is 36k but they only have in their database of 2014 model, I'm see if I can get more since mine is 2015. The adjuster say there isn't any 2015 model to compare to give an actual value cause there really hasn't been any events that caused such dramatic total damage lost for 2015 in their national database. All this also DOES NOT include the little teenager kid who bumped my bumper, their insurance still owe me as well on top of the total lost value which is good

Overall its still a ****ty place to be in but I'm actually pretty content with riding my old scion tC I had since college days hah, not as comfortable but still gets me to places as a DD. I think I'm gonna eye for a S4 or may be S5 if I see a good deal. I can't bring myself to get another IS though I loved my car, its like a ex-g/f kinda feeling/situation. Gonna wait till end of year to consider another car, right now its like a recovery period for me hah like from a breakup lol.
Old 06-04-15, 04:22 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,305 Likes on 1,007 Posts

No 2015 loss data to give you proper value? OK, make me an offer and we'll come up with the first data for 2015 together!!! Glad to hear you're getting Diminished Value if I read right.
Old 06-04-15, 06:08 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just an update on those who cares what happened, adjuster came last sunday he was pretty cool guy not douchy or shady and today he told me he submitted a total claim for literally exactly what I bought my car for but this include a lot of aftermarket stuff like F Sport Intake + Exhaust + Seibon Diffuser.
-Did I lose money yes, but not as bad as I thought as without the aftermarket parts included on it would still be 36k for the Actual Cash Value.

It is interesting that the Actual Cash Value is 36k but they only have in their database of 2014 model, I'm see if I can get more since mine is 2015. The adjuster say there isn't any 2015 model to compare to give an actual value cause there really hasn't been any events that caused such dramatic total damage lost for 2015 in their national database. All this also DOES NOT include the little teenager kid who bumped my bumper, their insurance still owe me as well on top of the total lost value which is good

Overall its still a ****ty place to be in but I'm actually pretty content with riding my old scion tC I had since college days hah, not as comfortable but still gets me to places as a DD. I think I'm gonna eye for a S4 or may be S5 if I see a good deal. I can't bring myself to get another IS though I loved my car, its like a ex-g/f kinda feeling/situation. Gonna wait till end of year to consider another car, right now its like a recovery period for me hah like from a breakup lol.
Glad to hear the situation turns out to be good for you.
Old 06-04-15, 07:39 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

36 seems really low, look on autotrader to find a similar models, you can argue thats the market price. I can sell my 2014 for higher than 36k i bet
Old 06-04-15, 04:27 PM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Awesome update OP! Hopefully it's a happy ending....
Old 06-04-15, 08:29 PM
zeyger
Former Sponsor

Glad things are working out for you, bud!

The S4-5's are great, but are pricier to insure than the IS, just as an FYI. Whatever you pick up, best of luck and enjoy the s*** out of it.
Old 06-08-15, 08:08 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

There are auto appraisers who can come up with a value for you. In Mar, an appraiser valued my 2014 F-Sport with every available option (at the time) at $40,500. So an equivalent 2015 is easily worth at least $3k more than that. I don't now how final your settlement is, but you would probably have to sue for the extra $7k.