IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Selling OEM F-Sport Wheel & Tire Set??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 10:12 PM
SCSurf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling OEM F-Sport Wheel & Tire Set??

I want to sell my OEM F-Sport wheels and tires in hopes of recovering some of the loss I will incur on buying a new set of aftermarket 19s. They have about 2500 miles on them, never tracked. Would these sell/how much do you think I can get for them?

No wheel bite or any other flaws.
Old 07-29-14, 11:31 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

FYI, there is a "Classified" forum where you can post these sort of things. Honestly, I wouldn't expect much from them. Either way, I've always had the best luck selling my car parts at the dealer. Getting an oil change and in the waiting room, another person sees the car and asks and you bring up what parts you are getting rid of by selling and you just ask for their number so when you do sell. Its worked quite a bit, I think mainly because they see the results and talk to the previous owner.
Old 07-29-14, 11:49 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

depending on how much and where in CA you're located, i might be interested
Old 07-30-14, 04:56 PM
SCSurf
Driver

Originally Posted by bucanero
FYI, there is a "Classified" forum where you can post these sort of things. Honestly, I wouldn't expect much from them. Either way, I've always had the best luck selling my car parts at the dealer. Getting an oil change and in the waiting room, another person sees the car and asks and you bring up what parts you are getting rid of by selling and you just ask for their number so when you do sell. Its worked quite a bit, I think mainly because they see the results and talk to the previous owner.
I know. I wanted to scope out a value before making an official listing.

Thanks for the info though!
Old 07-30-14, 05:03 PM
VelvetFog
Driver School Candidate

FYI , i paid $1200 for four non f sport wheels, tires, center caps and tpms sensors, they were 20 mile take offs and the tires still had the nubs in the tread area. My wife curbed one of hers pretty hard avoiding another driver so I just bought the set of take offs for $300 more than buying one new tire and wheel at the dealer. Plus now I've got three spares for future incidents.

Consider that the tires alone are ~300 new and the wheels retail for about 650 each, you could probably craigslist them for $1500 - 2000 and sell them fast.

I found the wheels i bought on eBay, you might look there or Craigslist to see if you can find any comparables.