Questions on special ordering process/allocating a 2015 IS250 F Sport RWD?
So after much thought, insurance quotes, a test drive and research (Club Lexus, JD Powers, Consumer Reports, Auto Mags etc.) I have decided on getting a 2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport RWD with the 2.5L V6. (I don't want a turbo 4 cylinder for 2016 and actual thought the IS250 F Sport AWD - I drove was plenty fast - then again I consider my 2013 4Runner SR5 4WD quick - I have driven my fair share of cars with 0-60 in 10 plus seconds - 0-60 in 7.2 is plenty for me)
I live in Iowa actually - I noticed I can configure a 2014 model IS250 F Sport RWD (Ultra White/Red interior) with what I want: F Sport Package, Blind Spot Warning, Rear view camera and convenience package (wheel locks, trunk mat etc). I have also seen IS250 RWD models on a dealers lot - but never an F Sport in my area. I have tried several other towns with Lexus dealers and ran inventory searches - I still get the pool with the same cars some RWD IS250's - but no F Sports. I really have to go out of my area by roughly 750 miles to find what I am looking for an IS250 F Sport in RWD with my options/colors.
I have a firm budget in place - I want to be OTD on this car for less than 40K - if possible. I know the car next year is getting a roughly 500 price increase and vented seats are added to the F Sport package which will raise the price some as well. The 2014 model with the options I want come out at $41,407. (I do qualify for the grad rebate of 1K if I finance with LFS).
So a few questions...
1. Can I special order any configuration I want on a 2015 IS250 F Sport RWD? Or does the configuration have to be on the Lexus website with my zip code? If I am locked in due to my zip code will the configuration options be roughly the same as this year ? (Currently I can build the car I want for 2014 with my zip)
2. Can I finance with LFS to get my 1K rebate and just pay it off the first month? (I can get a great rate with my local credit union - but want the 1K rebate!)
3. I have purchased cars in the past - however never a Lexus - will a dealer be willing do the standard dealer invoice - rebate(s) thing? Or will they want to rake me over the coals because of the special order? Or will I be better off driving to TX, GA etc to locate the car I want on a dealers lot and then drive it back to Iowa. If so any advice to get the price to where I need it on a special order - if that is even possible - would be great. I would like to go to my nearest dealer where I had a great test drive - get my invoice - rebates and order the car.
4. If I do order the car, I have heard many people getting "jacked" around for lack of a better term regarding a special order. Will the dealer give me a production date/VIN so I know my car will be coming and that is was actually ordered? Also if so how long of a wait will I be looking at? 3 weeks or 6 months?
5. Final question will 17 inch alloy wheels/winter tires work on the IS250 F Sport if they are shown on Tirerack.com for winter wheel/tire package? I know the car comes with summer tires and wider 18's in the back... I didn't know if 17's with the same width and winter tires can be ordered/actual fit my IS250 F Sport?
Thanks in advance for all the help. I hope to have some good feedback so I can plan ordering my IS in the coming months.
Then most importantly really join the club!