Mouse Controller software/hardware issue - Club Lexus Forums


Mouse Controller software/hardware issue

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-14, 05:18 PM   #1
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Mouse Controller software/hardware issue

Those of you out there who have yet to notice your mouse infotainment controller does not respond as desired should pay closer attention. Try going to radio and selecting stations.. say 3 then go to 1 and select. Does it respond as desired? Most often not. If you are position around preset 5 and move to one it may halt at 2 you the have to move the cursor around to get the proper response. You may have to tap the mouse over and over again to get it to go to preset 1. Lexus is well aware of the issue but apparently is failing to take any immediate action because most people don't even realize it is happening. They have updated the is for 2015 to use the new touchpad instead. This problem is absolutely happening with every 2014 is 250/350. It is actually dangerous. If you spend too much time referring to the screen wondering if your command will ever occur you can lose sight of the objective of driving safely. Please go to your cars and try out this issue to see for yourselves. We need a fix NOW.
This is not a minor bug it is a major safety issue.
onemorecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 06:46 PM   #2
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you don't post a reply in here or in the NV problem section then your on your own. We need numbers to get their attention.
onemorecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 06:55 PM   #3
dasbuch
Driver
 
dasbuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ??
Posts: 174
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry to hear of the issues with your nav and hope you get it resolved, but about the accident concept I'm pretty sure Lexus is free and clear here. The default startup screen for these systems says do not look at the screen and drive -- from a legal perspective dinking around with the system while driving is only going to reflect badly on the driver.
dasbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 07:10 PM   #4
VGer
Rookie
 
VGer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fl
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecar View Post
Those of you out there who have yet to notice your mouse infotainment controller does not respond as desired should pay closer attention. Try going to radio and selecting stations.. say 3 then go to 1 and select. Does it respond as desired? Most often not. If you are position around preset 5 and move to one it may halt at 2 you the have to move the cursor around to get the proper response. You may have to tap the mouse over and over again to get it to go to preset 1. Lexus is well aware of the issue but apparently is failing to take any immediate action because most people don't even realize it is happening. They have updated the is for 2015 to use the new touchpad instead. This problem is absolutely happening with every 2014 is 250/350. It is actually dangerous. If you spend too much time referring to the screen wondering if your command will ever occur you can lose sight of the objective of driving safely. Please go to your cars and try out this issue to see for yourselves. We need a fix NOW.
This is not a minor bug it is a major safety issue.
I'll have to try this I always use the steering wheel controls, bypassing the mouse.
VGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 07:59 PM   #5
L0ngJ0hn
Driver
 
L0ngJ0hn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My car does this too
L0ngJ0hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 12:59 AM   #6
jhs82
Lead Lap
 
jhs82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 615
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

"Major safety issue"??
jhs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 08:02 AM   #7
JDR76
Lexus Champion
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 3,672
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just tried this and mine works exactly as it should. I can go from 5 or 6 (or any other preset) to 1 with no hesitation or issue.

Note also that the touch pad is not being added to the 2015 IS.
JDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 09:22 AM   #8
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver
 
AndyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 1,398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR76 View Post
I just tried this and mine works exactly as it should. I can go from 5 or 6 (or any other preset) to 1 with no hesitation or issue. Note also that the touch pad is not being added to the 2015 IS.
Me, too. Coincidentally, mine is a non F Sport but I don't think it matters. I can switch between different presets without hesitation.
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 10:30 PM   #9
VGer
Rookie
 
VGer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fl
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
I'll have to try this I always use the steering wheel controls, bypassing the mouse.
Tried it, it operates normally. Of course I also just found out I have the latest firmware in my system just released the 26th of June. Just happened to coincide with my 5000 mile check.
VGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 11:24 PM   #10
specONE
Northern California Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
specONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 939
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
Tried it, it operates normally. Of course I also just found out I have the latest firmware in my system just released the 26th of June. Just happened to coincide with my 5000 mile check.
Do you have a TSB number for this?
Only thing I can find on Alldata about Navigation update release June 2014 is for a 2014 CT200h
specONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 05:16 AM   #11
VGer
Rookie
 
VGer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fl
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specONE View Post
Do you have a TSB number for this?
Only thing I can find on Alldata about Navigation update release June 2014 is for a 2014 CT200h
See this thread:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-t...this-time.html
VGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 05:21 AM   #12
CtSFox
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 509
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
I'll have to try this I always use the steering wheel controls, bypassing the mouse.
I use the steering wheel controls for this too. Between these controls and voice commands, I avoid using the mouse in most instances
CtSFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 09:38 AM   #13
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecar View Post
Those of you out there who have yet to notice your mouse infotainment controller does not respond as desired should pay closer attention. Try going to radio and selecting stations.. say 3 then go to 1 and select. Does it respond as desired? Most often not. If you are position around preset 5 and move to one it may halt at 2 you the have to move the cursor around to get the proper response. You may have to tap the mouse over and over again to get it to go to preset 1. Lexus is well aware of the issue but apparently is failing to take any immediate action because most people don't even realize it is happening. They have updated the is for 2015 to use the new touchpad instead. This problem is absolutely happening with every 2014 is 250/350. It is actually dangerous. If you spend too much time referring to the screen wondering if your command will ever occur you can lose sight of the objective of driving safely. Please go to your cars and try out this issue to see for yourselves. We need a fix NOW.
This is not a minor bug it is a major safety issue.
What's going on with this onemorecar? You seem to understand there's strength in numbers, wanting to get the word out and have others complain, but I messaged you, wanting to work with you towards resolution, yet your indifferent response and lack of response thereafter lends itself to the notion you don't want to. What gives? Never mind, I suppose! Good luck with your endeavor. lol. :|

We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.
dbs600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 08:33 PM   #14
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry guys I have been traveling for work, Take a breath okay. Just got home after 2 days on planes. Let's figure this out together. Have a good holiday weekend.
onemorecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 08:33 PM   #15
ISFWes
Driver
 
ISFWes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 180
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.
Here's another tip for you. And not just a Lexus.

Never buy a first year car.

Besides saving money. You get to let other people get the bugs worked out.
ISFWes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Radio and skipped Presets when scrolling AZisHOT RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) 2 07-20-16 09:02 PM
Radio controls on 2012 NAV screen vs 2015 Marqevans RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 2 01-05-15 06:42 PM
Terrible Voice Control unowned ES - 6th Gen (2013-present) 23 02-10-13 04:48 PM
IPOD USB - Selecting Bug (Lexus Enform GPS) brink668 RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 8 06-08-10 12:03 PM
Radio Presets Question DigMyM35x RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 5 08-21-09 03:59 PM


Tags
controller, mouse, nav, radio

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved