IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-15, 11:17 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djwoody
So, as mentioned I took the car into my dealership for the 4th time a couple of weeks ago to have them try and fix the heated seats issue among some other scheduled maintenance. I left the car with them for 2 weeks.

They called me to say the car was ready but that they were not able to do anything about the seats. They said Lexus Corporate is still working on further solutions (BS). I was extremely upset and asked to speak with the dealer principal and told him I didn't want the car back unless it is 100% fixed. I told him that if they can't fix the car I expected that they would get me into a new car.

Within a few hours I was called back by the dealership sales manager. They agreed to buy back my car and put me into a 2015. I am picking up the new car on Thurs.
I would say congratulations, but I doubt there will be a change in heated seats between 2014 and 2015.
Old 08-18-15, 08:58 PM
StevenLiu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine just stay on.
Old 08-19-15, 07:12 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djwoody
So, as mentioned I took the car into my dealership for the 4th time a couple of weeks ago to have them try and fix the heated seats issue among some other scheduled maintenance. I left the car with them for 2 weeks.

They called me to say the car was ready but that they were not able to do anything about the seats. They said Lexus Corporate is still working on further solutions (BS). I was extremely upset and asked to speak with the dealer principal and told him I didn't want the car back unless it is 100% fixed. I told him that if they can't fix the car I expected that they would get me into a new car.

Within a few hours I was called back by the dealership sales manager. They agreed to buy back my car and put me into a 2015. I am picking up the new car on Thurs.
Thank you for the update, djwoody! Congratulations!

Is the dealer buying back the car or is corporate? Have you been in contact with corporate? If so, Lexus Canada I presume?

How many miles are on the car? Are they swapping the 2014 for a 2015 and keeping the payments the same or do you have to work a new deal? Did you have the option of leaving Lexus?

Can you provide more info on the work previously done; part numbers; copies of repair orders, etc.? Any further info and help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

I’m going to private message you now as well.

Thanks again!
Old 08-24-15, 08:48 AM
11oops
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
I would say congratulations, but I doubt there will be a change in heated seats between 2014 and 2015.
There's a huge difference between the 2014 and the 2015, just go sit in one of each -- the difference is night and day.

They fixed the issue for the 2015, which is a huge part of the reason why us 2014 owners are so pissed off about the issue. By fixing the problem for the new model, they all but acknowledged that a problem existed and that they were aware of it, and yet they still act as though the 2014s don't have a problem and are operating as they should.

Corporate should be swapping out the 2014 seats with the refined 2015 seats for those of us that complain, but never will because of the cost. Not a good way to build (or in my case, keep) customer loyalty. A $51K car with heated seats should have seats that actually heat up.
Old 08-24-15, 03:00 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 11oops
There's a huge difference between the 2014 and the 2015, just go sit in one of each -- the difference is night and day.

They fixed the issue for the 2015, which is a huge part of the reason why us 2014 owners are so pissed off about the issue. By fixing the problem for the new model, they all but acknowledged that a problem existed and that they were aware of it, and yet they still act as though the 2014s don't have a problem and are operating as they should.

Corporate should be swapping out the 2014 seats with the refined 2015 seats for those of us that complain, but never will because of the cost. Not a good way to build (or in my case, keep) customer loyalty. A $51K car with heated seats should have seats that actually heat up.
Are you sure? I have a 2015 and the heated seats are useless when it is 30 degrees F or less here in Chicago. Sounds exactly the same as 2014.
Old 08-25-15, 05:53 AM
Baopee
Pit Crew

After 19 pages, it seems like Lexus has abandoned us (2014 F sport owners and some 2015), lets organize a nationwide warranty day, bring all our cars in for heating seat. that might be able to rise an eyebrow or 2 in the Lexus corporate office.
Old 08-25-15, 07:15 PM
djwoody
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 11oops

That was exactly the argument I brought to the dealership and the reason I demanded they take the car back and give me a 2015.

In response to dbs600's questions: I only dealt with the dealer but I know that Lexus Canada was involved behind the scenes. My car only had 13,800 kms (about 8,500 miles) so was still basically a new car but they bought it back and I had to work out a new deal. I had to pay in another $16/month which I thought was reasonable. I didn't have the option to leave Lexus, although I could have changed to a different model - and I strongly considered the NX200T. It was $150 a month more which I wasn't willing to pay. I don't have the work orders and other details handy and it doesn't really matter because nothing they did actually fixed anything. But what I can tell you is that the new car (2015 IS350 AWD F-Sport) has way better seat heaters. Even in the current hot/humid Toronto weather they get hot quickly and you can really feel the heat. So I'm a happy customer (we'll see if that lasts).
Old 12-02-15, 11:37 AM
3ISOwner
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2015 base IS 250 RWD, and the seat warmers are weak. Anybody got this fix at the dealer?
Old 12-02-15, 12:05 PM
Brokenis
Driver

Originally Posted by Baopee
After 19 pages, it seems like Lexus has abandoned us (2014 F sport owners and some 2015), lets organize a nationwide warranty day, bring all our cars in for heating seat. that might be able to rise an eyebrow or 2 in the Lexus corporate office.
This is what happens when not enough people complain to corporate.

If no one complains to Corporate, or Dealerships, they will do nothing about it. It will take a large number of people to get a movement going, otherwise our words will be ignored.

It's not just the seats though, a number of things on the IS, including navigation system, fuel pump, etc.

I do suggest we create a thread that lists all of the MAJOR problems on the first 2014, 2015 models. Start a poll and get a forward movement going.
Old 12-02-15, 12:55 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 15 seats will get HOT, which is great for these New York winters.. Weird that so many people have this issue
Old 12-04-15, 06:00 AM
Cav86
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My seats are weak too. Barely feel anything on highest setting. My 2010 328 would toast my a$$ on 3rd setting lol. I absolutely Love everything about this car, but this is the one thing that really disappoints. Going to take to dealer soon as winter is finally creeping up in Toronto.
Old 12-04-15, 06:09 PM
3ISOwner
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cav86
My seats are weak too. Barely feel anything on highest setting. My 2010 328 would toast my a$$ on 3rd setting lol. I absolutely Love everything about this car, but this is the one thing that really disappoints. Going to take to dealer soon as winter is finally creeping up in Toronto.
Just went to the dealer in BC for my 1600km check up, I mentioned about the seats, and the response was of course, "It's in normal operation"
Old 12-04-15, 06:56 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

I have to say... my 2016 heated seats work fine in 50 degree weather, but I wouldn't call it "hot" - I'm sure when the 20's or below F hit they won't be that great... forget it when it's less. I don't think they fixed the problem at all. I'd call em luke warm at 50 degrees.
Old 12-04-15, 06:58 PM
LED
Driver School Candidate

I too am disappointed with the performance of these heated seats, especially after having just experienced the seats in my buddies Cadillac, which were glorious. I was really looking forward to better heated seats when I traded in my G35 which weren't good either.
Old 12-04-15, 07:01 PM
3ISOwner
Rookie

Originally Posted by J3ffrey
I have to say... my 2016 heated seats work fine in 50 degree weather, but I wouldn't call it "hot" - I'm sure when the 20's or below F hit they won't be that great... forget it when it's less. I don't think they fixed the problem at all. I'd call em luke warm at 50 degrees.
Yeah I agree, 20s and under it's pretty much useless

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)