IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Remote Start on 2014 IS 350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-14, 06:37 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zodiac00
Lexus are having issue with 2014 is remote starters in general, all lexus dealerships are waiting for an update from lexus for a fix or and updated product. Lexus also offers 2 types different types of remote starts to clear things up.
yeah they have the regular one and the res+. regardless, the dealerships are saying both remote start options are not compatible with the 3IS.. some owners on the forum have installed it w/o issues and some owners on this thread have even said their own gs and rx with nav have remote start..so what's up with the inconsistency?
Old 02-05-14, 06:53 AM
2014IS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start IS350 2014

I just purchased a 2014 IS350 f-sport and paid for a remote start. Went to the dealer waited 3 hours for them to install only to find out they are not compatible with my car because of Nav. The service manager said there is no fix and "no plans to correct the problem" The option still shows on the Lexus website. I find this completely unacceptable as I probably would not n
have purchased this car if they would have told me the option was not available. This is poor communication on the part of Lexus!!
Old 02-05-14, 07:17 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard the update for a remote start will be out in the summer. who knows though. the dealership by me wanted to install one on my car even though it would fry the nav. they said why would i care its under warrenty.
Old 02-05-14, 08:43 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
I just purchased a 2014 IS350 f-sport and paid for a remote start. Went to the dealer waited 3 hours for them to install only to find out they are not compatible with my car because of Nav. The service manager said there is no fix and "no plans to correct the problem" The option still shows on the Lexus website. I find this completely unacceptable as I probably would not n
have purchased this car if they would have told me the option was not available. This is poor communication on the part of Lexus!!
deja vu?... this is like the exact post on the other remote start thread
Old 02-05-14, 09:57 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
deja vu?... this is like the exact post on the other remote start thread
Lol Remote start was very insignificant when I purchased my car. I guess some things are more important to others...
Attached Thumbnails Remote Start on 2014 IS 350 AWD-image-2513702636.jpg  
Old 02-05-14, 07:25 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jaydemm
I'm not to sure. I requested that i wanted the remote start with my car but he told me that i didnt need it and that i just have to wait for the lexus app to come out in the fall.
I would highly doubt this since even for Lexus RES+ which is App based, indicated you need to have the accessory installed. While waiting for my special delivery to arrive I did have my sales guy look into when RES+ would be available for 3IS and based on his inquiry he told me it would be available later this year or next year. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.

https://www.lexusresplus.com/

All in all this fiasco should be an embracement for Lexus. Even Hyundai has this capability for their cars.

Last edited by SonyHome; 02-05-14 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-05-14, 07:36 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yardie876
Lol Remote start was very insignificant when I purchased my car. I guess some things are more important to others...
funniest thing i've seen today.. sorry but its true.

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I would highly doubt this since even for Lexus RES+ which is App based, indicated you need to have the accessory installed. While waiting for my special delivery to arrive I did have my sales guy look into when RES+ would be available for 3IS and based on his inquiry he told me it would be available later this year or next year. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.

https://www.lexusresplus.com/

All in all this fiasco should be an embracement for Lexus. Even Hyundai has this capability for their cars.
i agree with you sony. i don't believe them when they say it's just not compatible...there's gotta be an underlying issue beyond that.
Old 02-06-14, 05:38 AM
2014IS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yardie876
What is important here is Lexus did not communicate this to a customer. I have never had a remote start and doesn't look like I'll have one anytime soon. It's a principle thing not a comfort thing!
Old 02-06-14, 05:53 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

What is important here is Lexus did not communicate this to a customer. I have never had a remote start and doesn't look like I'll have one anytime soon. It's a principle thing not a comfort thing!
No I understand what you're saying. As it seems, most dealerships are not aware of the issue with RES not working in nav equipped models until they interact with an owner who wants to get it installed. What needs to happen is Lexus needs to remove it off of their configuration site so potential buyers are not misinformed. I'm pretty sure all that is needed is a software update. Hope you're liking your IS otherwise.
Old 02-12-14, 07:19 AM
Vairox
Pit Crew

You aren't missing anything, you open the door the car turns off. Basing your vehicle purchase decision on whether or not the vehicle has a remote start feature does not a wise buyer make.
Old 02-14-14, 01:43 PM
2014IS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vairox
You aren't missing anything, you open the door the car turns off. Basing your vehicle purchase decision on whether or not the vehicle has a remote start feature does not a wise buyer make.
Wouldn't say I based my decision on that, but I am a little disappointed, especially coming from driving a BMW for the past 9 years, that Lexus didn't know this before I signed and have no plans to correct the problem.
Old 02-14-14, 01:56 PM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Wouldn't say I based my decision on that, but I am a little disappointed, especially coming from driving a BMW for the past 9 years, that Lexus didn't know this before I signed and have no plans to correct the problem.
The car shuts off when you open the door requiring you to restart the vehicle, the remote start in Lexus is rather worthless. Maybe the RES+ thing doesn't do that but the one they installed in my gf's rx350 does and it's worthless, she got it free cause she told them she wanted it fully loaded and it didn't have remote start so she complained and they put it in, time's it's been used? once, cause it's worthless.
Old 02-14-14, 03:25 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vairox
The car shuts off when you open the door requiring you to restart the vehicle, the remote start in Lexus is rather worthless. Maybe the RES+ thing doesn't do that but the one they installed in my gf's rx350 does and it's worthless, she got it free cause she told them she wanted it fully loaded and it didn't have remote start so she complained and they put it in, time's it's been used? once, cause it's worthless.
All remote start systems on new Lexus' do this. Annoying, yes, but I don't understand how it renders the RES useless. I use the remote start to warm up the car if it's cold and to cool it down when it's hot. It does that. Now the lack of range with the key fob is another story.
Old 02-17-14, 10:18 AM
yycdave
Driver

So I was going to buy a 350 AWD F-Sport this month...but the remote start thing is a dealbreaker for me. 5 days a week I park outside at work, and it's very cold here an awful lot.

What I'm reading is there is currently no way, no how to get remote start on a 2014 IS? Is that correct?
Old 02-17-14, 10:56 AM
jnjmatts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yycdave
So I was going to buy a 350 AWD F-Sport this month...but the remote start thing is a dealbreaker for me. 5 days a week I park outside at work, and it's very cold here an awful lot. What I'm reading is there is currently no way, no how to get remote start on a 2014 IS? Is that correct?
I think people may be talking about the lexus remote start. I'm waiting for an aftermarket one. The remote start company has to crack the lexus security codes on the 3is first. My dealer says they've put these in every other model of lexus with no issues so I can't see there being a problem.

Quick Reply: Remote Start on 2014 IS 350 AWD