IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-13, 09:45 AM
LexFather

You are kidding with no Park Assist right.... Isn't that like a $500 option?
Old 03-28-13, 10:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
You are kidding with no Park Assist right.... Isn't that like a $500 option?
same here, don't tell me there won't be park assist...
Old 03-28-13, 11:54 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
In the european market the rear sunshade is only avalible as an option in the luxury version of the IS.
To get the rear sunshade, you have to order the luxury version with the extra sunroof.

I've seen the preproduction model of the F-sport version, and this had the sunshade. But aparantly the preproduction model feutured a lot of options to show most of the options avalible for all versions of the IS.

One thing the 300h is missing is rear exhaust pipes. The IS looks a lot better with exhuast pipes than without.
sun shade in 2IS is useless... i got luxury version because of it, but back window is so small and angled, sun never gets into the headrests... as such, i never use it except to show cool option to my buddies when they ride with me.
Old 03-28-13, 11:56 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
What will the NuLuxe seats look like? Every picture I have seen of the F Sport seats looks like leather?
looks like leather... with perforations and everything... apparently everyone says it is hard to feel the difference unless you have leather next to it to compare. we dont get them in Europe so I dont know.

Flip - european cloth option is similar to one in Prius, just higher quality... it is that plush textile, but it is not as nice as alcantara or "real" suede.
Old 03-28-13, 12:52 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by spwolf
looks like leather... with perforations and everything... apparently everyone says it is hard to feel the difference unless you have leather next to it to compare. we dont get them in Europe so I dont know.
See below...

Originally Posted by IntegresS

I wasn't a fan of the fake leather being my only option in the F-Sport package myself, but after sitting in one and looking at it up close, it's really not bad at all. The nice thing about it is that when you press on it, it doesn't wrinkle up the way real leather does, and so it shouldn't leave the creases in the seats that you would get over time with real leather.

(please excuse the brake dust on my thumb)
Old 03-28-13, 01:07 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flip - european cloth option is similar to one in Prius, just higher quality... it is that plush textile, but it is not as nice as alcantara or "real" suede.
The European F-sport cloth option has sides of leather\NuLuxe, and some sort of fabric in the center that is not similar to suede. It is more of a hard wearing cloth resembeling the same sort of clotch tough backpacks are made of.
At least that was what was in the preproduction model, and what is specified in the order of my car.
Old 03-28-13, 01:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

The European F-sport cloth option has sides of leather\NuLuxe, and some sort of fabric in the center that is not similar to suede. It is more of a hard wearing cloth resembeling the same sort of clotch tough backpacks are made of.
At least that was what was in the preproduction model, and what is specified in the order of my car.
did it look good?
Old 03-28-13, 01:52 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah ok, I'm cool with the red posted up there....Just not sure what color to do the exterior with the red interior.
Old 03-28-13, 02:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

red probably works well with all of those colors...
Old 03-28-13, 07:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Blueprint, the LF-LC was just confirmed for production. http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/03/2...or-production/
will that keep you in the Lexus family? Since you mentioned leaving because the IS was sub par in your opinion
Great question. I've hinted months before it was coming so the announcement is just official, it was on the way. From what I've heard it will be 80k to maybe 120k or so which by the time it debuts in 4 years or so I would be more than ready for it. I have to say the design is utterly attractive and if it drives even better than our GS F-sport well it will be one hell of a car. I've heard 500hp hybrid.

Before that, the RC coupe is coming, something between the IS/GS and that would be a quicker (next fall) and more logical step.

It depends, its crazy that for 17 years every car I (and we as in family and now wife) has bought is Lexus but they are losing me emotionally even as they get more exciting which is ironic. We are super happy with the vehicles and I of course still recommend them highly.

To an employee's credit, someone did PM me and I have been emailed by someone else. I just feel kind of sad that I had to "vent" on this forum for that to happen since I've kept this bottled up for quite sometime trying to handle it without posting (and it was just a tip of the iceberg).

As for the IS as a Lexus enthusiast I am baffled by the options and packages being offered and as a potential buyer I am turned off. If it sells to others that might be fine but I really am going to have to drive it few times and wrap my head around some things that right now don't compute. Now I just heard the F-sport won't have parking assist. I don't want a luxury model as I would want the red interior but it would be easy (hopefully) to swap the F-sport bumper but then you don't get F-sport gauges. Ventilated seats are a must need option which I will explain later.

When we shopped between the RX F-sport and GS F-sport I felt the GS F-sport had good packages and options. Again we would have loved a GS 450h F-sport like in Europe/Japan but its not offered here. I also would have tried to get the LED headlights but that is not an F-sport option. I wish the passenger seat adjusted like the drivers one. Overall though its packaged pretty well even with aluminum as the only trim and the HUD, park assist, lane assist, Mark Levinson and DRS were great.

Contrarily the RX F-sport was only available with black leather, did not have the drives select mode (Sport +).

I am not trying to come off as too grumpy I think I've been as vocal as anyone could possibly be for Lexus, sometimes to a fault. To their credit they have listened in many ways and I (we) can appreciate that. The IS now has a full blown F-sport model, red interior is offered (something we asked for for years and years) and Lexus has done a great job differentiating the F-sport models from regular models. These are things I've stated in the past.

It might just be shocking to some that I am not just on automatic pilot with Lexus and the IS right now.
Old 03-28-13, 07:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
Here is the order guide. There will be many different options available.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-q50-general-discussion-forum/207-2014-infiniti-q50-order-guide-leak.html

1) Q50 sport RWD

2) Q50 H sport AWD

3) Q50 H sport RWD

As is, this car will handle nice. When Infiniti releases the Q50 IPL, you will have a MORE sport tuned suspension. The Q50 Hybrid with 355HP, the amount of torque from a dig, will give the car an advantage to get up to speed before it unleashes the full 355 HP, I expect 0-60 times to be reduced and give a nice grin to the driver.

With the dual cockpit and double stitched interior ( I like this) and FIXED paddle shifters, which Infiniti has had since the 1st gen G37
From my understanding this pricing is ONLY for pre-orders as Infiniti has stated this is for those people who order now, they even get a iPad mini for ordering so I assume that means commitment as well. After that I think prices go up and packages and options change.

The hybrid appeals to me but I just don't see myself driving a Q50, nice car though.
Old 03-28-13, 09:28 PM
magne
Lead Lap

did it look good?
Since I only saw the car indoors, and the interior was all black, it was a bit hard to tell how it looked.
I would prefer if they put suede or alacantara in the center of the partial leather seats, since I feel it is better comfort in those kinds of materials.
However I think that the fabric I saw on the pre production model will take a lot of abuse and be very hard to wear and tear.

Because of a very cold climate in norway, I belive it will sell good here, since leather is pretty cold to sit on in the winter time. It does after all take a few minutes to heat up the seats using the elctric heater.
Old 03-29-13, 03:57 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Since I only saw the car indoors, and the interior was all black, it was a bit hard to tell how it looked.
I would prefer if they put suede or alacantara in the center of the partial leather seats, since I feel it is better comfort in those kinds of materials.
However I think that the fabric I saw on the pre production model will take a lot of abuse and be very hard to wear and tear.

Because of a very cold climate in norway, I belive it will sell good here, since leather is pretty cold to sit on in the winter time. It does after all take a few minutes to heat up the seats using the elctric heater.
i suppose same goes for summer as well, it should heat up less :-)

these are the seats?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ACfrPIuM#t=26s

Last edited by spwolf; 03-29-13 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-29-13, 07:07 AM
magne
Lead Lap

i suppose same goes for summer as well, it should heat up less :-)

these are the seats?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ACfrPIuM#t=26s
Those look like the seats i saw and tried, yes.
The fabric will probably be a lot colder than leather in the summer. But I still feel that suede in the center would have been the best option, as it looks and feels more exclusive, and is even better in keeping a comfortable temperature.
I have alcantara seats in my current car.
They are not cold even if it is winter temperature of -10F (-25C) outside.
And they are not hot in the summer either.

Only drawback with alcantara is that it is hard to clean hard to not damage the fabric.
Old 03-29-13, 07:28 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Those look like the seats i saw and tried, yes.
The fabric will probably be a lot colder than leather in the summer. But I still feel that suede in the center would have been the best option, as it looks and feels more exclusive, and is even better in keeping a comfortable temperature.
I have alcantara seats in my current car.
They are not cold even if it is winter temperature of -10F (-25C) outside.
And they are not hot in the summer either.

Only drawback with alcantara is that it is hard to clean hard to not damage the fabric.
indeed, Lexus had that problem with previous IS, maybe thats why they dropped it... I am big guy, so I like something that will wear well and look good because I use my seats more than some tiny person :-)

Quick Reply: 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns