IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Unvieling

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-13, 07:57 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 3IS Unvieling

On April 3rd, the 3IS will be at our dealership for 3 hours, 12:30 to 3:30.

I'd like as many Clublexus members as possible to attend. Anyone wishing to make deposits is welcome to do so but I just want CL to represent.

Lexus of Pembroke Pines
16150 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, Fl

April 3rd 12:30
Old 03-22-13, 09:32 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh my god oh my god oh my god.... I must be there!!!
Old 03-22-13, 10:02 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

What a coincidence. On April 3rd I fly down to Irvine to train on the 3IS
Old 03-23-13, 05:56 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Lucky.. I wonder when we get to see one
Old 03-24-13, 09:07 AM
305is350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope it is an F-Sport, I'll be there...thank you for the news
Old 03-24-13, 11:57 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is still the pre-production version that's popping up at various locations correct? Or will this be a final production version?
Old 03-24-13, 01:29 PM
palidino
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unc879wins
This is still the pre-production version that's popping up at various locations correct? Or will this be a final production version?
im pretty sure its the final production version.
Old 03-25-13, 07:07 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by unc879wins
No, this is the real deal production car.
Old 03-25-13, 09:20 PM
LexFather

Wish I could be there! Nice offer Reggie, I was actually there last week I had no idea you were there.
Old 03-26-13, 12:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Wish I could be there! Nice offer Reggie, I was actually there last week I had no idea you were there.
Yeah, I agree. I would have loved to see you again.
Next time, hit me up.
Old 03-26-13, 12:55 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, F-Sport?
Old 03-26-13, 04:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TTechLexus
Nice, F-Sport?
No, regular ISxxx.
Old 04-03-13, 05:40 PM
bjcdvm
Driver School Candidate

Default JM Lexus Viewing

First time poster...

I was at JM Lexus in south Florida having routine maintenance performed on my current IS250. When I came back to pick up my car, I saw all of the employees gathered around none other than the new 3IS (standard 350). The car looks AMAZING both inside and out.

I was extremely impressed with the interior; I thought my current car with navi was great until I sat in this thing. The seats felt great, the climate controls were ergonomically oriented, and the finish exuded quality (soft touches everywhere). The electrostatic temperature controls worked as advertised. The bump in the dash in front of the front passenger seat actually flows well when looking at it from the driver's seat and the rear seats. I must admit that the navigation screen did seem a bit small, especially with the large space they had cut out for it. The room in the backseat is very much improved- I've got long legs and fit with no problem. Trunk size appears to be bigger (I have seen some conflicting info on this), and the 60/40 split is a very welcome addition!

I waited to form an opinion on the exterior styling until I actually saw the car in person, and I have to say that I am sold on the looks. The spindle front looks sharp and aggressive. The car looks to be in better proportions with the stretched wheelbase. The back end looked nice as well, especially with the "L"exus taillights. I believe this car had 18" rims on it, but may be mistaken.

Overall, I was very impressed with this pre-production model. The employees also seemed impressed and extremely excited. As long as pricing remains competitive, I will most likely returning to lease this car in December when my current lease is up. If only they had brought the IS300h...then there would have been no question about my next car.
Old 04-03-13, 05:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by bjcdvm
First time poster...

I was at JM Lexus in south Florida having routine maintenance performed on my current IS250. When I came back to pick up my car, I saw all of the employees gathered around none other than the new 3IS (standard 350). The car looks AMAZING both inside and out.

I was extremely impressed with the interior; I thought my current car with navi was great until I sat in this thing. The seats felt great, the climate controls were ergonomically oriented, and the finish exuded quality (soft touches everywhere). The electrostatic temperature controls worked as advertised. The bump in the dash in front of the front passenger seat actually flows well when looking at it from the driver's seat and the rear seats. I must admit that the navigation screen did seem a bit small, especially with the large space they had cut out for it. The room in the backseat is very much improved- I've got long legs and fit with no problem. Trunk size appears to be bigger (I have seen some conflicting info on this), and the 60/40 split is a very welcome addition!

I waited to form an opinion on the exterior styling until I actually saw the car in person, and I have to say that I am sold on the looks. The spindle front looks sharp and aggressive. The car looks to be in better proportions with the stretched wheelbase. The back end looked nice as well, especially with the "L"exus taillights. I believe this car had 18" rims on it, but may be mistaken.

Overall, I was very impressed with this pre-production model. The employees also seemed impressed and extremely excited. As long as pricing remains competitive, I will most likely returning to lease this car in December when my current lease is up. If only they had brought the IS300h...then there would have been no question about my next car.
what color was it?
Old 04-03-13, 06:00 PM
bjcdvm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spwolf
what color was it?
See pics below...
Attached Thumbnails 3IS Unvieling-photo-55-.jpg   3IS Unvieling-photo-56-.jpg   3IS Unvieling-photo-57-.jpg  

Quick Reply: 3IS Unvieling