IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

"Third time is a charm" -- great 3IS article/review

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-13, 10:11 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350 View Post

haha all the new owners who cant accept the mishaps of their new cars and all the previous owners who wont budge. Its ALL laughable to be honest and no one here should take anything personal.

Truth is, wether the 3IS is a great car or not, those who went and bought first year model got SCREWED. Don't take that personal either, but with a radio that has a mind of its own, plastics that scratch easier than paint, and same engines, there is NOTHING more than LOOKS.

Don't take "those who went and bought first year model got SCREWED." personal? You're a sour and petty human being for even posting bs like that. Don't take that personal okay? How does it feel to be driving a car that depreciated significantly when the 2014 came out and just about every reviewer states it's a dramatic improvement over the 2IS? Don't take that personal either to be honest. I have had zilch problems with my 3IS. I would've felt screwed if I bought a 2IS though. But don't take that personal either. I guarantee you that no BMW, Audi, Mercedes owner is looking at your 2IS with envy. But darn you could take that personal and I don't mean it that way so don't take it personal okay?

Last edited by Glashub; 09-25-13 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-25-13, 10:20 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol. I have bad absolutely no issues with my car and it was picked up July 5th. My radio works perfect, and I have no issues with the screen it dash. There will always be a car here and there with issues. That doesn't mean we ALL got screwed.

There is always going to be haters everywhere. But I have thick skin.
Old 09-25-13, 10:20 AM
IS350AWD
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Don't take "those who went and bought first year model got SCREWED." personal? You're a sour and petty human being for even posting bs like that. How does it feel to be driving a car that is overwhelmingly bought by women? Don't take that personal okay? How does it feel to be driving a car that depreciated significantly when the 2014 came out and just about every reviewer states it's a dramatic improvement over the 2IS? Don't take that personal either to be honest. I have had zilch problems with my 3IS. I would've felt screwed if I bought a 2IS though. But don't take that personal either. I guarantee you that no BMW, Audi, Mercedes owner is looking at your limp wristed IS with envy. But darn you could take that personal and I don't mean it that way so don't take it personal okay?
Someone's ego got bruised!
Old 09-25-13, 10:29 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350AWD
Someone's ego got bruised!
No not at all. I'm just calling out someone for trolling and acting like a fool -- but don't take that personal. I find the 2IS to be too feminine looking and in fact here in LA it seems to be driven mostly by women and men with an alternative lifestyle -- wink, wink, nudge, nudge, if you know what I mean -- but again, don't take that personal. Just reporting what I see.

Last edited by Glashub; 09-25-13 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-25-13, 10:49 AM
IS350AWD
Driver

No not at all. I'm just calling out someone for trolling and acting like a fool -- but don't take that personal. I find the 2IS to be too feminine looking and in fact here in LA it seems to be driven mostly by women and men with an alternative lifestyle -- wink, wink, nudge, nudge, if you know what I mean -- but again, don't take that personal. Just reporting what I see.
Perhaps in CA (where they're nuts anyway...wink, wink, nudge, nudge), but here on the East Coast I've only seen men drive the IS with the exception of the ISC. Just reporting what I see.

And it continues...
Old 09-25-13, 11:00 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
I don't have one but a close friend does. To the contrary, I do think the 3IS IDEA is a great improvement over the 2IS. The way it was executed is the problem I have.

Once that Nav issue gets fixed, the plastic gets better (it will, too many issues already), and the heart transplants come in, THEN I'll make the switch. Truthfully the front of the car is hands down BEAUTIFUL.

I simply refuse to get first model year of anything, yes you are the "first" to have them, but at what cost?
I'm sure there will be some issues considering how complex electronics these cars have but now days manufacturing process is so good there should be minimal amount of issues.

As an example, I have 2002 Acura TL-S which I believe was first year model and I still drive that with no issues. Best car I've owned so far but looking forward to my 3IS F Sport.
Old 09-25-13, 11:14 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Perhaps in CA (where they're nuts anyway...wink, wink, nudge, nudge), but here on the East Coast I've only seen men drive the IS with the exception of the ISC. Just reporting what I see.

And it continues...
With Lexus (44.2 percent) being the only luxury brand (preferred by women) with over 40 percent.in the top 20 - See more at: http://blog.truecar.com/2012/04/23/m....08PXoToj.dpuf

That's as of 2011 (2IS). I'm sure the 3IS will drive that female preference ratio down since it is a much more masculine looking car imo.

Don't take that personal though okay?
Old 09-25-13, 11:19 AM
IS350AWD
Driver

With Lexus (44.2 percent) being the only luxury brand (preferred by women) with over 40 percent.in the top 20 - See more at: http://blog.truecar.com/2012/04/23/m....08PXoToj.dpuf

That's as of 2011 (2IS). I'm sure the 3IS will drive that female preference ratio down since it is a much more masculine looking car imo.

You seem to be taking it personal; that's the only thing you can say!

I like 2IS, you like 3IS. So, we have different opinions on how Lexus should or should not be presenting their product.

Why are you acting so infantile? Grow up.

End of story.
Old 09-25-13, 05:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Finally, someone who sees what the 3IS REALLY is and not falling in the trap to love it just because it's a new model!

I say again, the 3IS is better than 2IS in handling. But, it stops there. Options lost, interior downgrade (did you see the pictures above?), loss of touchscreen and now you're fooling around with a mouse. Come on Lexus. Why do you want a upside-down staircase as your center console too?

The 2IS is superior OVERALL even though the 3IS beats it in handling. Otherwise, it's not even a new engine (as we all know). Heck, add the sway bars on the 2IS and you have a "standard" 3IS.

Lexus compromised the 3IS in important areas to get the handling close or at a 3-series and A4. Have you seen the 3-series interior? It's absolute crap, with the navigation screen seemingly glued on to the dash. Lexus is chasing the wrong dog...

LIke Hoovey said, all these luxury makers shouldn't get away with this.
Viva la Automotive Revolution!!

Originally Posted by jhs82
Both of you are free to choose any other car you want, including the 2IS.
Feel free to reread my previous posts and the responses below.

I never said the 3IS was a bad car, space, efficiency, design, technology, handling - it's all improved. What did not change or rather got worse was physical material quality (assembly is improved). Entry level or not, it's still a "Luxury" badge and deserves a lot better than some of the plastics that can also be found on my 2003 Explorer.

I've said it before and won't be the last time: The 2IS is the better LUXURY Sport Sedan, the 3IS is the better SPORT Luxury Sedan.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so who here actually has test driven one to truly comment? I found the 3IS to be a big step up interior wise than the 2IS when I test drove it.
The automall I work for sells Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, BMW and Mini (and my office is in the Lexus building). I have more than enough merit and seat time to warrant any sort of comparison and observation from any of these automakers vehicle models.

Add sway bars to a 2IS and you have a 3IS but nicer??? lol I drove the 2IS for 3 days as a loaner. I could not stand the dated interior. The touch screen is small and has etch-a-sketch graphics that the sun hits at the wrong time. The ventilation dials added as an after thought look crude and feel cheap. Yards of black vinyl stretching like the plains of Kansas on the dash. A ride that is Korean like. Man, keep the 2IS. It looks dated on the road already.
Once again "design" is being confused with "material quality" as I stated in my first post. I agree the design is modern and assembly is better than the 2IS, but material quality is a notch below - lots of cost cutting materials

"Seems like Lexus is going after young Asian males now" - my manager
Old 09-25-13, 07:47 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Viva la Automotive Revolution!!

"Seems like Lexus is going after young Asian males now" - my manager
LOL, very true. I told my brother I was going to test drive the IS350 and he was all like, "you're thinking about getting a Lexus? Typical Asian".

But thanks for posting your unbiased review on the interior. I also do not like the mouse controlled navigation. WTH were they thinking? One step forward, 3 steps back.
Old 09-26-13, 12:41 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

ok guys (glashub, is350awd, etc.) - enough with the personal comments, stereotyping generalizations, etc. let's stick to the cars and o.p. topic.

if you have an issue with that, pm me or another moderator. thanks.
Old 09-26-13, 01:07 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vroomin350 View Post

haha all the new owners who cant accept the mishaps of their new cars and all the previous owners who wont budge. Its ALL laughable to be honest and no one here should take anything personal.

Truth is, wether the 3IS is a great car or not, those who went and bought first year model got SCREWED. Don't take that personal either, but with a radio that has a mind of its own, plastics that scratch easier than paint, and same engines, there is NOTHING more than LOOKS.

Don't take "those who went and bought first year model got SCREWED." personal? You're a sour and petty human being for even posting bs like that. Don't take that personal okay? How does it feel to be driving a car that depreciated significantly when the 2014 came out and just about every reviewer states it's a dramatic improvement over the 2IS? Don't take that personal either to be honest. I have had zilch problems with my 3IS. I would've felt screwed if I bought a 2IS though. But don't take that personal either. I guarantee you that no BMW, Audi, Mercedes owner is looking at your 2IS with envy. But darn you could take that personal and I don't mean it that way so don't take it personal okay?

Dear good sir, you're horribly detailed and sarcastic answer clearly shows you strongly posses two great skills.

1. BUTTHURT ... and 2. You're way too emotional, get you're panties out of that bunch dude... jeez......

Insults simply show your lack of being able to put together and intelligent answer. I am a sour petty human ? because you DID get screwed with horrible lease and finance programs because you couldn't wait a few months??

Why would I be sour that my car depreciated? That's how it works, and btw my car is a lease so depreciation means NOTHING to me. Sooooooo.... ding ding ding! you my friend are correct.I wont take it personal

Oh and you should try to sharpen your reading skills. I never said the 3IS isn't an improvement over the 2IS...... but don't worry I wont take it personal.

As for AUDI, BMW, and 3IS owners not looking twice at my car?

I hate tooting my own horn but you my friend are something else, so here's a look at my car.

I constantly see 3IS owners breaking neck to it all the time, but please don't take that personal either

WORD OF ADVICE, DON'T JOIN A FORUM IF YOU CAN'T RECIPROCATE CONVERSATIONS LIKE AN ADULT.

Last edited by Vroomin350; 09-26-13 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 01:16 PM
LexFather

I can't wait to finish the mods on my 3IS
Old 09-26-13, 01:41 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yoan I break my neck when I see ur car including I'm 2is owner n bimmer owner.... car on point anyone will look twice when ur rolling by
Old 09-26-13, 02:31 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Dear good sir, you're horribly detailed and sarcastic answer clearly shows you strongly posses two great skills.

1. BUTTHURT ... and 2. You're way too emotional, get you're panties out of that bunch dude... jeez......

Insults simply show your lack of being able to put together and intelligent answer. I am a sour petty human ? because you DID get screwed with horrible lease and finance programs because you couldn't wait a few months??

Why would I be sour that my car depreciated? That's how it works, and btw my car is a lease so depreciation means NOTHING to me. Sooooooo.... ding ding ding! you my friend are correct.I wont take it personal

Oh and you should try to sharpen your reading skills. I never said the 3IS isn't an improvement over the 2IS...... but don't worry I wont take it personal.

As for AUDI, BMW, and 3IS owners not looking twice at my car?

I hate tooting my own horn but you my friend are something else, so here's a look at my car.

I constantly see 3IS owners breaking neck to it all the time, but please don't take that personal either

WORD OF ADVICE, DON'T JOIN A FORUM IF YOU CAN'T RECIPROCATE CONVERSATIONS LIKE AN ADULT.
Wow! I think you took it personally. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: "Third time is a charm" -- great 3IS article/review