IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

anyone purchased the VIPmotoz headlights for the IS250

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 04:06 PM
Mrfouche
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone purchased the VIPmotoz headlights for the IS250

I ask because i am curious what the lights look like at night before I possibly purchase a set for my IS250
Old 02-22-17, 11:43 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

If you search for it, Lot of us here test it out and i do have a full thread about it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...w-version.html
There is another thread about it too but i can't remember the title
Old 02-22-17, 11:44 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

check this one out as well
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-install.html
Old 02-23-17, 01:40 AM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With HID KIT.
Old 02-23-17, 05:16 PM
Mrfouche
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IamLexus

With HID KIT.
What does the hids look like on the road just out of curiosity
Old 05-28-18, 07:11 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So the harness on my left side is dead or something, led strip work, but the low bean bulb won't work, tested two bulbs and also tried it on the right headlight and they turned on. I had to bed the wire and it started to work and died again.
The following users liked this post:
GetMeLexus (03-09-21)
Old 03-09-21, 08:23 PM
GetMeLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IamLexus
So the harness on my left side is dead or something, led strip work, but the low bean bulb won't work, tested two bulbs and also tried it on the right headlight and they turned on. I had to bed the wire and it started to work and died again.
Hey I’m not sure if you’re still active here but I just now made an account to ask you about this because I had this issue with my driver side VIPMotoz on my 06 is350. I saw you made some other posts about condensation with these so I’m assuming you found a solution for this. Would you mind sharing with me what you did? My driver side headlight does not turn on but the passenger works just fine. I believe blinkers work fine from what I remember. I also took the non working headlight and plugged it into the opposite side harness and it turned right on perfectly fine. My stock headlights work flawlessly on both sides as well.

im not sure if I explained my situation well enough but I would really appreciate some advice if you have any. I really want to get these bad boys installed! Thanks.
Old 03-10-21, 10:59 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 774 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by GetMeLexus
Hey I’m not sure if you’re still active here but I just now made an account to ask you about this because I had this issue with my driver side VIPMotoz on my 06 is350. I saw you made some other posts about condensation with these so I’m assuming you found a solution for this. Would you mind sharing with me what you did? My driver side headlight does not turn on but the passenger works just fine. I believe blinkers work fine from what I remember. I also took the non working headlight and plugged it into the opposite side harness and it turned right on perfectly fine. My stock headlights work flawlessly on both sides as well.

im not sure if I explained my situation well enough but I would really appreciate some advice if you have any. I really want to get these bad boys installed! Thanks.
I can not answer your lighting issues, but on the condensation I can.

Prior to install you want to seal the head lights with silicone. Let it cure for about 36 hrs. Search YouTube for reference on this.

You will maybe still get condensation if the lid gasket is not tight.

If you look at the back the head light lids. Once mounted rain tends to pool up there, and if the seal is not tight. Then you'll get water in, and major condensation.

The screws on the headlights are not very good to begin with. So once mounted after awhile I would get condensation. To fix this I went to the hardware store to buy some better screws. With a slightly larger diameter as well as length. Once very tight it should seal very well.

last is to make beter output is to remove the projector bracket in the front. For me it was a tedious job. You'll need some way to hold the mini nut inside. While trying to remove the screw. Link for reference below. It's around page 7-8 how to remove the inside bracket.

Edit: for the lighting issues make sure all the bullet connectors are on tight. I remember one side was not well connected. Causing blinker issues for me. Also compare the wiring on the working headlight. I think there are 2 yellow wires. They could be crossed.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 03-10-21 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-10-21, 12:23 PM
GetMeLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
I can not answer your lighting issues, but on the condensation I can.

Prior to install you want to seal the head lights with silicone. Let it cure for about 36 hrs. Search YouTube for reference on this.

You will maybe still get condensation if the lid gasket is not tight.

If you look at the back the head light lids. Once mounted rain tends to pool up there, and if the seal is not tight. Then you'll get water in, and major condensation.

The screws on the headlights are not very good to begin with. So once mounted after awhile I would get condensation. To fix this I went to the hardware store to buy some better screws. With a slightly larger diameter as well as length. Once very tight it should seal very well.

last is to make beter output is to remove the projector bracket in the front. For me it was a tedious job. You'll need some way to hold the mini nut inside. While trying to remove the screw. Link for reference below. It's around page 7-8 how to remove the inside bracket.

Edit: for the lighting issues make sure all the bullet connectors are on tight. I remember one side was not well connected. Causing blinker issues for me. Also compare the wiring on the working headlight. I think there are 2 yellow wires. They could be crossed.
okay I have already purchased the silicon a while back because I had heard of the condensation so I will definitely seal it up before installation thanks so much for the advice!

and as for the wiring, I have checked both headlights and everything seems to check out right. What confuses me is that both headlights work fine when connected to the passenger side harness. And my stock headlights work fine on both sides. So I don’t know what the issue could be. Thanks anyways though
Old 03-10-21, 12:33 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 774 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by GetMeLexus
okay I have already purchased the silicon a while back because I had heard of the condensation so I will definitely seal it up before installation thanks so much for the advice!

and as for the wiring, I have checked both headlights and everything seems to check out right. What confuses me is that both headlights work fine when connected to the passenger side harness. And my stock headlights work fine on both sides. So I don’t know what the issue could be. Thanks anyways though
Depending where you bought the headlights. Reach out to VIP Moto Z. At least for me they replaced one messed up fog light I purchased from them. They've been around for a long time. Maybe they can help troubleshoot the power issue.

Fog lights are decent as well. Again make sure you seal them up.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 03-10-21 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-10-21, 12:46 PM
GetMeLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Depending where you bought the headlights. Reach out to VIP Moto Z. At least for me they replaced one messed up fog light I purchased from them. They've been around for a long time. Maybe they can help troubleshoot the power issue.

Fog lights are decent as well. Again make sure you seal them up.
i purchased them through Ebay but I think it was through VipMotoz the seller, I don’t exactly remember but yes I will reach out to them if I can’t figure it out within the next few days. Thanks again, you’ve been plenty of help.