IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche dash kit for 2IS questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-17, 02:29 PM
roshedomv2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scosche dash kit for 2IS questions?

For anybody that has the scosche dash kit for the 2IS installed I had a couple troubleshooting questions before decide to purchase it.

1. Are any of the speakers lost when installing the custom radio? For example the center speaker in the rear deck.

2. Is there an passenger airbag/seatbelt light on this dash kit?

3. Does the aux in the center armrest still work when using the harness that comes with the dash kit?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-17, 11:52 AM
Trolling55
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to know too
Old 09-21-17, 06:28 PM
lextacy08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by roshedomv2
For anybody that has the scosche dash kit for the 2IS installed I had a couple troubleshooting questions before decide to purchase it.

1. Are any of the speakers lost when installing the custom radio? For example the center speaker in the rear deck.

2. Is there an passenger airbag/seatbelt light on this dash kit?

3. Does the aux in the center armrest still work when using the harness that comes with the dash kit?

Thanks in advance.
I can answer #1

I got this Scosche kit back in October of 2016 for an IS250 2006. So here is what I found....
You "lose" the rear speakers in a weird way. They still emitt sound, but barely. What the harness does in the Scosche kit is they condense the Front speaker outputs into the rear speakers wires. Your head unit is using only half its input voltage to drive 12/13 speakers! The factor amp now only gets half the preamp voltage thus dumbing down the rear speakers. When you had the factory radio installed it used a proper preamp voltage to send a clean signal to the factory amp. You can verify this by trying to set your fade to rear in your aftermarket indash. The rear will not work,but if you center the dot all speakers will work.

My spin-off question is this. Would there be a way to get the rear speakers amped using a dedicated high-end amp? Is there a kit we could use? Could we tap into the factor amps wiring harness?
Old 12-17-23, 02:41 PM
samvanhorne
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lextacy08
The factor amp now only gets half the preamp voltage thus dumbing down the rear speakers. When you had the factory radio installed it used a proper preamp voltage to send a clean signal to the factory amp. You can verify this by trying to set your fade to rear in your aftermarket indash. The rear will not work,but if you center the dot all speakers will work.

My spin-off question is this. Would there be a way to get the rear speakers amped using a dedicated high-end amp? Is there a kit we could use? Could we tap into the factor amps wiring harness?
Having the same issue, did you end up ever figuring this out?