IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What is the best option for leveling low beam?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-16, 10:27 AM
shomci
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question What is the best option for leveling low beam?

Hey,

I was wondering what are your setup in your IS regarding the low beam (HID) levels and cutoffs?

I have figure A.
I saw in german cars that figure C is what usually they have setup and wht Width between the projectors is much narrower.
I have something like this: looks like a looooong stairs.

But this seems much more better because the left side brings a bit more light up to the road. But I don't want to blind the other guy in front of me the same time.

What do you guys have?

Also my ballasts are new and as well as the OEM hid bulbs. I used 5000k XB from the retrofitsource but it vibrated.. I thought it is a ballast so I replaced that. Not helped so I bought OEM ones. They are a bit "yellowish, 4300K" and a bit faint.
I want more light on the roads, my eye is not the best to pick up light in the dark. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
S
Old 12-22-16, 12:11 PM
C1Forged
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

B. The passenger is supposed to be raised slightly to give better sight on the shoulder of the road, while the driver's headlights stays low for oncoming traffic.
The following users liked this post:
shomci (12-23-16)
Old 12-23-16, 05:30 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by shomci
They are a bit "yellowish, 4300K" and a bit faint.
I want more light on the roads, my eye is not the best to pick up light in the dark. Any suggestions?
I've been running 5000k Osram CBI bulbs (that I bought at XenonDepot) for a bit more than a year now. When I first installed them, I found them brighter and just a bit whiter than the nearly 10 year old OEM Philips bulbs they replaced. As they broke in, I believe they've become even whiter still -- I'd definitely buy them again. My only issue, which is not the fault of the bulbs, is that my housings keep fogging up. They buff out to nearly new condition with Novus 2, but re-fog within a few months despite the application of a UV sealant (Blue Magic) from the parts store.
Old 12-23-16, 09:05 AM
shomci
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bichon
I've been running 5000k Osram CBI bulbs (that I bought at XenonDepot) for a bit more than a year now. When I first installed them, I found them brighter and just a bit whiter than the nearly 10 year old OEM Philips bulbs they replaced. As they broke in, I believe they've become even whiter still -- I'd definitely buy them again. My only issue, which is not the fault of the bulbs, is that my housings keep fogging up. They buff out to nearly new condition with Novus 2, but re-fog within a few months despite the application of a UV sealant (Blue Magic) from the parts store.
thanks I checked those bulbs but these are halogenic. my car is HID equipped so I need xenon bulbs.
for the fogging I had the same issue, I took for a polish to the guy who is the paint master not so far locally, and he said that either I should use UV protection vinyl or UV protected clear coat. This transparent coat is on now since almost 2 yrs and fogging effect never came back since then.
he said though that 3-4 years and it will reappear again. but this solution was cheap so I dont mind..
after
before
cheers
Old 12-23-16, 11:08 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

No, the Osram CBI are definitely HID/Xenon. http://www.xenondepot.com/d4s-cbi-66...p/66440cbi.htm

Thanks for sharing your success with the UV coating that your guy applied. Do you by any chance know what product he used?
Old 12-24-16, 12:29 PM
shomci
Driver School Candidate

Cool

No, the Osram CBI are definitely HID/Xenon. http://www.xenondepot.com/d4s-cbi-66...p/66440cbi.htm

Thanks for sharing your success with the UV coating that your guy applied. Do you by any chance know what product he used?

yeah link is good now, thanks I check it out.
I don't know what was applied I can only guess right now (but that would not be too accurate). But next time when I go to the paint shop I ask the man.
Old 03-17-17, 05:10 AM
shomci
Driver School Candidate

hey,

i think the paint man used this kind of clear coat:
Amazon Amazon

more info and how to apply

cheers
Old 03-18-17, 09:22 PM
mikeyngo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks this is awesome.