need help my car won't start is350

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-16, 11:07 PM
Nabil250
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Tro209;9341390]
Originally Posted by isfdude

^^^ Definitely try this. I replaced my battery for nothing when my car didn't want to start. Turns out my terminals just don't make good contact with the battery for some reason. It's like they don't go tight enough so they don't actually make enough contact to start the car.

I actually carry around a pair of pliers with me now just in case for when this happens lol. Make sure all the wires are connected and that nothing is out of place, this may just be a very easy fix. Good luck
I agree i had the same problem and it turned out the wires weren't connected very well
Old 01-30-16, 11:10 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Any update?
Old 02-06-18, 08:31 AM
Mahdiamir
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus Is350 won’t crank

I have a 2007 lexus IS350 and one day the car wouldn’t crank, I check the battery, starter, and alternator and they’re all doing fine. Someone told me it was something to do with Alarm system in the car not allowing it turn on. So I disconnected the battery waiting for 20 minutes plugged it back in to reset the system and it worked, but the problem happened again and nothing is working, anyone familiar with this problem?!
Old 02-06-18, 10:57 AM
AlIS250AWD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mahdiamir
I have a 2007 lexus IS350 and one day the car wouldn’t crank, I check the battery, starter, and alternator and they’re all doing fine. Someone told me it was something to do with Alarm system in the car not allowing it turn on. So I disconnected the battery waiting for 20 minutes plugged it back in to reset the system and it worked, but the problem happened again and nothing is working, anyone familiar with this problem?!
im sorry this is happening to you as well. Happened to me over the weekend and it turned out to be a fuel pressure sensor failure!
The following users liked this post:
PewPew7 (06-21-22)
Old 02-07-18, 05:26 AM
arafas
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

fuel pressure sensor had the same issue. disconnect reconnect if it fires up its your issue.
Old 02-17-19, 01:32 AM
Musa2001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really need help car won't start!

Originally Posted by rodrigues
i got a 2007 lexus is350 and im getting crazy, the car was good for 6 month and three days later the car wont start , it crank for around 3 second and wont start and then instantly stop and i try to starter again and nothing it does even crank everything work but doesnt crank at all nothing, after one day i figure out that when i hit the push start it crank and instantly stop but the check engine light and the park sign disappear and wont do anything until they appear again for around 5 minutes and after check engine light and park sign appear it crank again but the samething happen crank for around 3 second and stop and then those to light goes away and i have to wait until they show up so i can crank it again but the car wont start either, please help me
Hey bro I have the same exact issue with my car it won't start it won't crank until it has been sitting there for 2 days and the check engine light and the parking gear green light comes on that's when it will crank and it won't start, I basically have the same issue as you it has been 4 weeks that it's been like that I took it to 4 mechanics none of them could figure out what it was and I am really lost, I was wondering did you find the problem? If yes what is it I have the exact same issue as you had, if you get this message please get back to me asap!
Old 06-20-22, 08:44 AM
AdamProve
Driver

Originally Posted by Musa2001
Hey bro I have the same exact issue with my car it won't start it won't crank until it has been sitting there for 2 days and the check engine light and the parking gear green light comes on that's when it will crank and it won't start, I basically have the same issue as you it has been 4 weeks that it's been like that I took it to 4 mechanics none of them could figure out what it was and I am really lost, I was wondering did you find the problem? If yes what is it I have the exact same issue as you had, if you get this message please get back to me asap!

Did u fix it
Old 06-20-22, 08:46 AM
AdamProve
Driver

Originally Posted by WORKD250
So does it even turn over or it just cranks and nothing? When you hit the button twice without the brake pedal depressed in ACC mode do you hear your fuel pump turn on?

My car was acting funny last week, having issues starting. When it finally did start my fuel pump sounded like a boat motor back there, swapped it out and all good now.

Is it possible you flooded your engine? Try this, depress the gas and brake and then hit the push start button, if the engine was flooded this should fix it and it will start right up.

If your car's auto I would double check your car is all the way in PARK
It doesn't even crank and yes i hear pump
Old 06-20-22, 10:13 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Has anyone put a scanner to check the codes?
Old 06-21-22, 10:11 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,484 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamProve
It doesn't even crank and yes i hear pump
Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Has anyone put a scanner to check the codes?
For anyone suspecting bad connections a simple test with 12v test lamp or DMM set to volts (Using Min/Max function to capture value is best).
Place probe on the battery terminal and the other on the block. Try starting it. A good cable and connection will show zero volts and/or test lamp will not light. If it does light or show readings of volts, the cable or connection is bad. Bad connections also make heat due to high resistance. Often times you smell burning and / or feel heat from the cable.

Repeat the same test from Positive terminal to starter lug. What does it show? Yes, hard to reach. So at least clean the battery post and have the battery charged and load tested.

I suspect your battery is toast or you have a bad connection. Take it apart and clean it.
Old 06-21-22, 11:44 AM
Protholl
Advanced

Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts

Is it possible somebody trying to help jump-start crossed the cables? You could have blown the fusible link.

The following users liked this post:
MrHarris (06-22-22)