IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New to the game/Green Pea-looking for any advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-15, 02:39 PM
Ccannady02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the game/Green Pea-looking for any advice.

I just recently purchased my 2009 Lexus IS250, I am looking for any advice as I am new to modifications and the fact that this car is quite the step up from my previous one.
Main Focuses:
-Exterior
.Body Kit (some of yall's are amazing)
.Black Lexus wheels(cant seem to find any..)
-Yellow Calipers.
-Performance
.Exhaust (Magna Flow or a Catback sys??)
.Cold Air Intake (K&N??)

I sell Cars for a leaving so I have access to locating parts, and also have a friend who can do the labor for virtually nothing. Please any and everyone give me some feed back as I am looking to make this car into something special..if I can.

Old 10-31-15, 10:20 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome!
Great looking car you have there. If you really want to get going on appearance, as you have listed quite a few aesthetically things, I highly recommend getting a set of coilovers. You set the ride height, you set the ride, and you can make any set of wheels pop with less wheel gap!
Apart from that have you considered looking at wheels that are not from Lexus? They have some nice designs, but there are some great brands out there like Avant Garde, Work, etc.
Happy modding!
Old 11-02-15, 08:08 AM
pattatted4
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on lowering!

Welcome to the Club! Car looks Great! Can't wait to see your progress...

I personally went with the Injen Intake and HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, both were plug and play, so easy a salesman can do it!!! And I did!!! Its getting it lowered this salesman is going to have a problem with! But the Technicians in back will help I'm sure...
Old 11-14-15, 07:45 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccannady02
I just recently purchased my 2009 Lexus IS250, I am looking for any advice as I am new to modifications and the fact that this car is quite the step up from my previous one.
Main Focuses:
-Exterior
.Body Kit (some of yall's are amazing)
.Black Lexus wheels(cant seem to find any..)
-Yellow Calipers.
-Performance
.Exhaust (Magna Flow or a Catback sys??)
.Cold Air Intake (K&N??)
Hope this helps
1)link to body kits https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-bodykits.html
2) no black wheels from Lexus, darkest we have is f sport forged.
3)calipers can get bbk, powder coat, or G2 paint.
4)not much peformance, bolt on add like 15-20? Max. Couple members boosted, heyarms and Stewbie, find their build threads to see what they achieved.
5) link to exhausts https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ease-help.html
6) we don't have a real cold air intake, only short Rams. I do however remember a member custom building a CAI, see if you can find it.
Old 11-15-15, 10:58 AM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust and i LOVE it. F-sport was too loud/droned. the Tanabe growls conservatively and looks great. I used to have a Takeda Intake, but I noticed i had reduced power because it just sucked in hot air from the engine bay. I went back to stock intake and I modded the lower air box with a dremel to mimic the F-sport intake. (The F-sport intake's only difference is an extra hole cut in front of the lower air box for more sound. It sounds great and it saved me 300 dollars while providing the same functionality. Another easy mod to make your car stand out is a new grille. I have the LX-Mode grill painted in Gunmetal and the grill surround is painted to match the body color. Its very clean looking and i love it. to me it makes the car look wider with the horizontal lines https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rill-pics.html
The next thing I am going to do is vinyl the rood gloss black. I have seen quite a few pics and that looks great as well. Your car is black so that would be kind of pointless i think. I am also a big fan of the Wald Trunk Spoiler. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-oc-socal.html
Work Emotion CR Kai IMO looks best ton our cars https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...53827156_n.jpg
COngrats on your new car!