IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Invidia Midpipe Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-15, 11:45 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Invidia Midpipe Fit?

Hey everyone, just wondering, if I purchase the invidia midpipe would it fit with any exhaust?

I currently have the Tsudo Axel back and I was wondering if this would even work out. Sorry if the question seems kinda dumb but I'm not the best when it comes to exhaust systems. Thanks
Old 08-16-15, 06:10 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should work fine. Axle back exhausts are made to work with the factory mid-pipe and the Invidia is the same in regards to fitment of the OE that you are replacing. Members have used the Invidia mid-pipes with lots of different axle back exhausts......
Old 08-17-15, 08:55 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know my M2 exhaust didn't have the proper flange. But I was able to make it work with a couple random gaskets.
Old 08-17-15, 08:54 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by getafewliv
I know my M2 exhaust didn't have the proper flange. But I was able to make it work with a couple random gaskets.
Interesting.... do you think if I take it to an exhaust shop they will be able to make it fit? I just wanna be 100% sure this will work before I throw away $300 lol
Old 08-17-15, 09:07 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
Interesting.... do you think if I take it to an exhaust shop they will be able to make it fit? I just wanna be 100% sure this will work before I throw away $300 lol
An exhaust workshop should be able to make it fit no problem. Lol my exhaust is pretty much built from scratch. If anything they should be able to weld the two together
Old 08-18-15, 12:21 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Heavyhitta
An exhaust workshop should be able to make it fit no problem. Lol my exhaust is pretty much built from scratch. If anything they should be able to weld the two together
Hey since you seem to know about exhaust pretty well, does a mid pipe increase the sound the exhaust produces?

I'm a bit confused as to where exactly the mid pipe goes, and I'm wondering if it's essentially the same thing as having my resonator deleted that I have now...??

Basically, are resonator deletes and mid pipe the same thing? Or am I just misunderstanding something?
Old 08-18-15, 08:53 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey since you seem to know about exhaust pretty well, does a mid pipe increase the sound the exhaust produces?

I'm a bit confused as to where exactly the mid pipe goes, and I'm wondering if it's essentially the same thing as having my resonator deleted that I have now...??

Basically, are resonator deletes and mid pipe the same thing? Or am I just misunderstanding something?
Invidia midpipe definitely makes it louder.

I would advise against deleting the resonator. You drive a Lexus, not a Honda.
Old 08-18-15, 02:17 PM
neilian
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also recommend not deleting your resonator. All you need is presence, not an annoyance.
Old 08-18-15, 04:47 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by getafewliv
Invidia midpipe definitely makes it louder.

I would advise against deleting the resonator. You drive a Lexus, not a Honda.
Well I already have it deleted and have actually enjoyed the sound it makes when removed from the stock exhaust and even with Tsudo. However when I first had the exhaust installed it was definitely louder and had a LOT of drone lol. I'm actually glad it doesn't drone like it used to, even though I originally stated that I liked it at first.

But I wouldn't say my car sounds like Honda though... ewwwww.
Old 08-18-15, 04:49 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by neilian
I also recommend not deleting your resonator. All you need is presence, not an annoyance.
Thanks for your suggestion but I think I'll keep my setup how it is for now. I like the resonator delete because it's more noticeable that way. From what I heard on a clip of a Tsudo with the resonator still on , it seemed way to quiet for my liking.

I will however more than likely put the resonator back on once I have my Invidia installed. Assuming I go through with it anwyay
Old 08-18-15, 08:25 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your suggestion but I think I'll keep my setup how it is for now. I like the resonator delete because it's more noticeable that way. From what I heard on a clip of a Tsudo with the resonator still on , it seemed way to quiet for my liking.

I will however more than likely put the resonator back on once I have my Invidia installed. Assuming I go through with it anwyay
You should do the Invidia install. Their mid pipe has a resonator, so you don't get the "drone" and the mid pipe deletes the secondary cats which adds HP. You will be glad you did, trust me. Very few members have added the mid pipes and had O2 sensor issues (I didn't either) but there are spacers available in the event that you do. It is worth it!
Old 08-18-15, 11:04 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Slammer1
You should do the Invidia install. Their mid pipe has a resonator, so you don't get the "drone" and the mid pipe deletes the secondary cats which adds HP. You will be glad you did, trust me. Very few members have added the mid pipes and had O2 sensor issues (I didn't either) but there are spacers available in the event that you do. It is worth it!
So if I keep my resonator delete and also add Invidia , will it drone more or less? I'm assuming more but just wondering...

Also when you say very few have had problems with the O2 sensors what exactly do you mean? Does it cause a check engine light?
Old 08-19-15, 09:34 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So if I keep my resonator delete and also add Invidia , will it drone more or less? I'm assuming more but just wondering...

Also when you say very few have had problems with the O2 sensors what exactly do you mean? Does it cause a check engine light?
your confusing yourself. Look at the mid pipe picture. It has 2 pipes connected to the main Cat down and 1 longer pipe to the Resonator which is connected to your Axle back. Keeping or Removing your resonator does not matter because the invidia mid pipe will replace all your oem mid section pipe including your old deleted / none deleted resonator. The invidia comes with a Resonator, but with no secondary cat that comes in stock mid pipes.
Old 08-20-15, 11:03 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Keo
your confusing yourself. Look at the mid pipe picture. It has 2 pipes connected to the main Cat down and 1 longer pipe to the Resonator which is connected to your Axle back. Keeping or Removing your resonator does not matter because the invidia mid pipe will replace all your oem mid section pipe including your old deleted / none deleted resonator. The invidia comes with a Resonator, but with no secondary cat that comes in stock mid pipes.
Ahhhhh that makes more sense now. Lol sorry for the noob questions, I just wanted to be sure I fully understood how this worked. Thank you