MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Structural damage for sure
Old 07-13-15, 05:49 PM
KoalaFD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh. Pictures like that always make my stomach hurt.
Well, like everyone said, glad you're ok. I agree with you, that looks like its gonna be written off as a total loss and you might kinda want it that way...

It does suck that you'll have to look for another IS but can your aftermarket parts be swapped over?
Old 07-13-15, 05:54 PM
Phase2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you gotta love is the towing yard not letting me back to my car.... Then finally we they bring it to the body Shop it's obvious the tow truck driver cut his hand on the car... smeared it on my door and fenders. Freakn joke... car has officially been at the tow yard long than I've owned the car.... sad...

Gotta love the extra scratches as well....
Old 07-13-15, 05:57 PM
Phase2
Driver

Anything known on these that I need to double check damage wise. I know the obvious....
Old 07-13-15, 07:53 PM
jennie
Pole Position

Pretty sure that's going to be considered totaled. So sorry man. And as for the tow damage, there's a special place for tow truck companies and their drivers...
Old 07-14-15, 05:38 PM
Phase2
Driver

Geico latest report..... oh yeah we can repair the bumper.... the fender rail and underbody rail can be beat out.... on top of everything else that they wanna ghetto rig... and we're not even to the point of pulling the fender or wheel off.... Yeah we can have the car back to new, 3k..... talk about something that makes you sick to your stomach. I'm sorry but geico is the biggest joke!!! It's instances like this that if you are one of their customers I'd be wary of this kind of diservice...
Old 07-14-15, 06:26 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phase2
Geico latest report..... oh yeah we can repair the bumper.... the fender rail and underbody rail can be beat out.... on top of everything else that they wanna ghetto rig... and we're not even to the point of pulling the fender or wheel off.... Yeah we can have the car back to new, 3k..... talk about something that makes you sick to your stomach. I'm sorry but geico is the biggest joke!!! It's instances like this that if you are one of their customers I'd be wary of this kind of diservice...
Let them fix it and if it's not right when done they'll have to make it right or bring it to your own shop and have it fixed there. Don't let then push you around. Your the one that makes the decisions
Old 07-14-15, 07:02 PM
Phase2
Driver

I'll have them finish their "inspections" and have it towed to away
Old 07-14-15, 07:14 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Phase2
Geico was fine with two of my accidents. I brought it to a shop that I was comfortable with both times and had them do the assessment with the shops so that they could get accurate quotes, then any supplemental items were no issue. In this case, I would not be surprised if the car was totaled.
Old 07-14-15, 09:42 PM
KoalaFD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... most definitely do not let them push you around. Insurance companies as a whole will try everything in their power to avoid dishing out. Makes good business sense, but no common sense.

Also, I'm a little scared to ask... is GEICO their insurance company or yours? If they went crazy and hit you, it would be the Subaru's, right? If so, I'd be extra wary...
Old 07-14-15, 10:11 PM
Phase2
Driver

Yes it's his... I didn't want mine to have anything to do with it as my wife's tahoe was totaled a month ago and my insurance denied her claim. Hers was our z71 tahoe that turned into metal paper weight...... on the bright side I swayed her into a gx470 dedicated lexus family
Old 07-14-15, 10:31 PM
jennie
Pole Position

I don't know if it's like this in TX but in CA I think you can take it to your own bodyshop and have an independent appraisal done. There is no way 3k is going to fix that. If GEICO can fix that for 3k we need them to help out Obama because that's stretching a dollar
Old 07-15-15, 06:32 AM
Phase2
Driver

Originally Posted by jennie
I don't know if it's like this in TX but in CA I think you can take it to your own bodyshop and have an independent appraisal done. There is no way 3k is going to fix that. If GEICO can fix that for 3k we need them to help out Obama because that's stretching a dollar
Lol that made my night atleast lol. Yes I can take it elsewhere and will. Just happens to E the place they have their estimator
Old 07-15-15, 06:33 AM
penone
Driver

Originally Posted by jennie
If GEICO can fix that for 3k we need them to help out Obama because that's stretching a dollar
Best post of the day!

Quick Reply: From Ecstatic to Pissed in 24