IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Rear GFX lip install

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-15, 10:07 AM
merkin110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear GFX lip install

I recently purchased a rear GFX lip from lexusparts.com and it appears to not come with any clips, screws, etc. Did anyone else who purchased a GFX lip from lexusparts.com or sewell get any clips or screws? Initially wanted to install it using the bumper cut method but may have to do the 3M tape install. Thanks!!!
Old 04-10-15, 10:30 AM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by merkin110
I recently purchased a rear GFX lip from lexusparts.com and it appears to not come with any clips, screws, etc. Did anyone else who purchased a GFX lip from lexusparts.com or sewell get any clips or screws? Initially wanted to install it using the bumper cut method but may have to do the 3M tape install. Thanks!!!
I just bought one of them too from them and it came with all the hardware,end caps ,oval chrome tips,instruction manual,ect. It is gold(couldn't find black) and came from a Georgia Lexus dealer and also got the GFX side skirts with all hardware from them also. It took over a month to get here as they claim to have lost the first ones and finally just got them Monday.

My hardware was taped on the inside of the spoiler so might want to double check there.I'm taking my bumper off and permanently installing mine per the instructions with the hardware once I get it painted.
Attached Thumbnails Rear GFX lip install-20150410_121654.jpg  
Old 04-10-15, 10:44 AM
merkin110
Driver

Originally Posted by harper7
I just bought one of them too from them and it came with all the hardware,end caps ,oval chrome tips,instruction manual,ect. It is gold(couldn't find black) and came from a Georgia Lexus dealer and also got the GFX side skirts with all hardware from them also. It took over a month to get here as they claim to have lost the first ones and finally just got them Monday.

My hardware was taped on the inside of the spoiler so might want to double check there.I'm taking my bumper off and permanently installing mine per the instructions with the hardware once I get it painted.
Yea I contacted Lexusparts and they told me it doesnt come with instructions or the installation kit. Found that strange considering I had purchased side GFX from them a few weeks prior that came with instructions.

Last edited by merkin110; 04-10-15 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-10-15, 10:54 AM
Spoony
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the direct link to purchase the rear GFX lip?
Old 04-10-15, 11:01 AM
Nguyen250
Driver School Candidate

My hardware was taped to the back side to, I 3m tapped mine on tho and works great. but how do you install the plastic end piece ?
Old 04-10-15, 11:46 AM
merkin110
Driver

Originally Posted by Spoony
Here is a link to the gfx kit. They didnt have mine in SMG so i just got a random color in stock so I can get it painted. Cheap too

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/accesso...s-kit-744.html
Old 04-10-15, 12:07 PM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

They're sooooo wrong about the Lexus GFX kit parts not coming with supporting hardware/clips/etc. Mine did from Sewell; however, the hardware bag was missing one of the black plastic cap things that go in the fender well.
Old 04-10-15, 04:35 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoony
Just an FYI ordering from them....just because it says "ADD TO CART"doesn't meen they have it in stock or can even get it. I played their "Add to Cart" game and let me pay for them,for 3 days in a row only to receive the next day a sorry ,not in stock,discontinued and my money refunded e-mail.

Finally I called them and ask to talk to who evers in charge,I think his name was Eric, after getting the run around by the first guy to see what they could actually get at that price. He checked and got back to me a couple of hours later and they could get the GFX sides in Smokey Granite Mica and the rear GFX spoiler in Desert Sage Metallic for $139 shipped for the both of them combined. 2 weeks later I get an e-mail asking for another $107 for shipping or they would cancel the order. Still not a bad deal at less then $250 shipped for new original GFX side and rear kits even though I need to paint them.He said that Lexus discontinued all of them for good and the reason they were selling them cheap just to get rid of them.

Originally Posted by merkin110
Here is a link to the gfx kit. They didnt have mine in SMG so i just got a random color in stock so I can get it painted. Cheap too

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/accesso...s-kit-744.html
That's BS of course that they don't come with hardware.
What color and where did yours come from. Both of mine came shipped straight from NALLEY LEXUS out of Roswell Georgia even though they originally told me they were coming from New York to them in Ca and then to me in TX and the reason for the high $130 shipping cost. Then they said the originals were lost in transit and had to be resent and finally after 34 days overall I got them so they are a bit disorganized and that's putting it nicely.lol
Old 04-10-15, 07:58 PM
merkin110
Driver

Originally Posted by harper7
Just an FYI ordering from them....just because it says "ADD TO CART"doesn't meen they have it in stock or can even get it. I played their "Add to Cart" game and let me pay for them,for 3 days in a row only to receive the next day a sorry ,not in stock,discontinued and my money refunded e-mail.

Finally I called them and ask to talk to who evers in charge,I think his name was Eric, after getting the run around by the first guy to see what they could actually get at that price. He checked and got back to me a couple of hours later and they could get the GFX sides in Smokey Granite Mica and the rear GFX spoiler in Desert Sage Metallic for $139 shipped for the both of them combined. 2 weeks later I get an e-mail asking for another $107 for shipping or they would cancel the order. Still not a bad deal at less then $250 shipped for new original GFX side and rear kits even though I need to paint them.He said that Lexus discontinued all of them for good and the reason they were selling them cheap just to get rid of them.

That's BS of course that they don't come with hardware.
What color and where did yours come from. Both of mine came shipped straight from NALLEY LEXUS out of Roswell Georgia even though they originally told me they were coming from New York to them in Ca and then to me in TX and the reason for the high $130 shipping cost. Then they said the originals were lost in transit and had to be resent and finally after 34 days overall I got them so they are a bit disorganized and that's putting it nicely.lol
Originally I had ordered a rear gfx lip in desert sage mica but I got an email a day later saying the item was discontinued. They should have removed it from their inventory on the website since they discontinued it. I put in another order on March 25th for a rear lip in breakwater blue metallic and it came in yesterday. Both my sides and rear came from Nalley Lexus as well.
Old 04-11-15, 04:55 AM
Kvs_350
Driver

I ordered my from sewell and it comes with hardware. It's bs that it doesn't come with it. I don't think u can buy the hardware kit itself... double sided tape might be ur only option now. What year is ur IS? Is a pita to install for 09+
Old 04-11-15, 03:06 PM
merkin110
Driver

Originally Posted by simon12988
I ordered my from sewell and it comes with hardware. It's bs that it doesn't come with it. I don't think u can buy the hardware kit itself... double sided tape might be ur only option now. What year is ur IS? Is a pita to install for 09+
Mine is a 2006. I checked my local Lexus dealer and they dont sell the hardware. I'm sure that installing the rear lip for the 2IS is the same for 09+
Old 04-11-15, 04:19 PM
Kvs_350
Driver

Fitment is the same but 09+ marked holes doesn't match the hole on the gfx so u have to guess and measure where to drill.
Old 05-10-16, 12:49 PM
Bkhectic
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a part number?? I can't find them I type in 2012 lexus is250 and I get no body kits from my car smh
Old 05-10-16, 02:20 PM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bkhectic
does anyone have a part number?? I can't find them i type in 2012 lexus is250 and i get no body kits from my car smh
oem# 08158-53830
Old 05-22-16, 03:12 PM
Bkhectic
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't have the gfx rear lip anymore. Sucks I wonder if sewell still have them. I know they don't ship anymore but they do serve local out the shop