Starting issue With new clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-14, 02:52 AM
Juliank88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issue With new clutch

Sorry for no introduction

I just installed a clutch n flywheel in my friends 06 is250 everything went smoothly until I went to start the car and the starter wouldn't engage. Everything else is working, EVERYTHING!
When I push to start, everything just turns black n nothing happens no action from the starter at all. So I tried a few more times with the doors closed n fob to starter etc and the starter began to smoke. Everything still functions as normal. So I removed the starter n tested it outside the car, it spins but won't engage.

I'm really stumped here as the starter at least spun when I tested it outside of the car. But in the car it did nothing, except get really hot and smoke. It seems like such a simple issue but I'm wondering if there is something I can test before I buy a new starter and expensive fuses n relays.

Please help this is my buddies car and I'm gutted something as stupid as a started is stopping him from enjoying his new $1200 clutch. yes I did the labour for free also I'm not a mechanic I'm a car guy helping out a friend. Thank you in advance