IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2011 is250

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-14, 06:28 PM
joshd250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 is250

Hey guys I picked up a clean one owner is 250 yesterday and I have all the options except nav. I was curious to see how hard it is to install a aftermarket double din on these cars. Also, which is the cleanest aftermarket piece out there on the market for the surround. I've installed radios before but just dotting my I's and crossing t's to make sure.
Old 06-27-14, 07:19 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am sure you have a lot of options, but I doubt you have all of them. There are some rare ones like radar cruise control and ML without navi. And there are some that are package specific. For example, luxury package has a rear sunshade, but not sport pedals. And vice versa for sport package.

Regardless, congrats!

Without navi, your best bet is the roadrover unit. Some people will say Flyaudio, but you will pay more and I am fairly certain it is missing some features.

Your best bet is to pick one up off o aliexpress. Least amount of hassle. Get the backup camera with it as well. It's a pain to install the cam but worth it. The actual install for the unit is fairly straight forward. The hardest part is removing the AC vents if you don't know where the clips are.

The Roadrover unit is plug and play... if you wanted to put in the stock navi, it would NOT be plug and play. As silly as that is. There's a huge thread discussing the Roadrover unit. I believe the thread is "found flyaudios manufacturer" even though it has nothing to do with Flyaudio.
Old 06-27-14, 08:25 PM
joshd250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by getafewliv
I am sure you have a lot of options, but I doubt you have all of them. There are some rare ones like radar cruise control and ML without navi. And there are some that are package specific. For example, luxury package has a rear sunshade, but not sport pedals. And vice versa for sport package.

Regardless, congrats!

Without navi, your best bet is the roadrover unit. Some people will say Flyaudio, but you will pay more and I am fairly certain it is missing some features.

Your best bet is to pick one up off o aliexpress. Least amount of hassle. Get the backup camera with it as well. It's a pain to install the cam but worth it. The actual install for the unit is fairly straight forward. The hardest part is removing the AC vents if you don't know where the clips are.

The Roadrover unit is plug and play... if you wanted to put in the stock navi, it would NOT be plug and play. As silly as that is. There's a huge thread discussing the Roadrover unit. I believe the thread is "found flyaudios manufacturer" even though it has nothing to do with Flyaudio.
Yea I don't have the rear sunshade lol. I plan on adding it though. Thanks for the info man! Ill definitely check that out!
Old 06-29-14, 04:38 AM
joshd250
Driver School Candidate

What NAV software comes with that? I've read that you can upgrade to Garmin via the SD card
Old 06-29-14, 09:42 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It comes with iGo 8 which is pretty up to date IMO. You can use other nav software if you have the application files for it and is compatible with windows CE. I have the Roadrover/Flyaudio 8" unit and its identical to the OEM unit (look, not features). It has everything you need though including bluetooth, nav, backup camera, etc. I like it and I only paid 500 for it and its plug and play. Alot easier than a double din unit
Old 06-29-14, 06:58 PM
joshd250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
It comes with iGo 8 which is pretty up to date IMO. You can use other nav software if you have the application files for it and is compatible with windows CE. I have the Roadrover/Flyaudio 8" unit and its identical to the OEM unit (look, not features). It has everything you need though including bluetooth, nav, backup camera, etc. I like it and I only paid 500 for it and its plug and play. Alot easier than a double din unit
Is the unit still having issues with software? That's the only thing that's keeping me from purchasing one