2008 is350 driver side hid dropped

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-17, 09:23 PM
strikeraj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 is350 driver side hid dropped

[UPDATE]

Paid more attention last night. When I start the car, everything looks normal, I could see the light going through the auto leveling initiation and land at the original aim, high beam works, even the driver side light. But when I pull out, the driver side light start dipping within 30 second until it becomes a bright patch right in front of the car.
I will try to upload some pictures tonight.

I am totally puzzled as in what is going wrong.
High beam
Low beam

[/UPDATE]
Hi
today when I started my car at night I noticed the driver side headlight is basically pointing at the ground. It also doesn't respond when I switch on to high beam. But it does swivel when I turn in a corner though. What would be my possible problem and how can I fix it?

Passenger side light works fine and aim normal.

Thanks

P.s. my driver side wheel hit a petty bad pothole last night, not sure if this has anything to do with that.

Last edited by strikeraj; 05-13-17 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-06-17, 12:49 PM
Arrta
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2008's had auto-leveling lights. Sounds like the sensor that is supposed to level them may have been damaged, dislodged when you hit the pothole.
Old 05-07-17, 09:23 AM
Bkhectic
Driver

Originally Posted by strikeraj
Hi
today when I started my car at night I noticed the driver side headlight is basically pointing at the ground. It also doesn't respond when I switch on to high beam. But it does swivel when I turn in a corner though. What would be my possible problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

P.s. my driver side wheel hit a petty bad pothole last night, not sure if this has anything to do with that.
Might be your front or rear height sensor. I had this issue but both my headlights pointed down. Come to find out my rear height sensor was good but through bracket was cracked and the bolt that hold the sensor was corroded dueto all the snow and dirty stuff. Dealer said the sensor and bracket only comes together and quoted me $693 plus tax. So I said hell no. So I decided to wd40 the bolt and boom magic happened. No problem for a year but last week I turned the car on the lights were OK and 5 minutes later they pointed down and check headlight system came up on dash. So I checked under and now the bracket is completely broken just hanging off each corner bolts. I tried wd40 to see if it would work again and it didn't but did isn't pointing down so much to the point that I can't see anything in front of me. I was thinking to get that bracket soldered since the sensor is still good. But check all that anyways to see if that's your issue. Mine is a 2012 but so I'm not sure if it's the same set up as yours.
Old 05-08-17, 07:17 AM
strikeraj
Driver

thanks for both replies, I highly doubt it is the sensor cause only driver side is pointing down, but passenger side is at normal height.
I am just wondering if any internal of the headlight can be shaken loose during the hit
Old 05-08-17, 08:34 AM
Arrta
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for both replies, I highly doubt it is the sensor cause only driver side is pointing down, but passenger side is at normal height.
I am just wondering if any internal of the headlight can be shaken loose during the hit
Considering its only one side, and the new info, to me, that the sensors are in the front/rear and not left/right, and the fact I missed the high beam statement from you. I would say that the electronics that control the driver side is damaged/defective.
Old 05-08-17, 12:29 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

It's possible the headlight fell off the manual adjustment screw due to the pothole (possible if it's been messed with in the past). There have been cases of people overadjusting their headlights after which the headlight just falls to the lowest position and can't be fixed without opening the headlight. Here's a thread with someone showing an example: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...er-broken.html
Old 05-10-17, 07:47 AM
strikeraj
Driver

[UPDATE]

Paid more attention last night. When I start the car, everything looks normal, I could see the light going through the auto leveling initiation and land at the original aim, high beam works, even the driver side light. But when I pull out, the driver side light start dipping within 30 second until it becomes a bright patch right in front of the car.

[/UPDATE]
Old 05-13-17, 05:36 AM
strikeraj
Driver

[UPDATE]

High beam
Low beam

[/UPDATE]
Hi

Thanks

picture added in first post