Print Wikipost

Power Windows not working after battery replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 08:24 PM
amerquresh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows not working after battery replacement

I recently had my battery replaced & now I can't seem to open or close my passenger or rear windows when using the driver's side control panel. Any idea why?
Old 12-04-12, 08:40 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the windows need to be reinitialized.
Old 12-04-12, 08:43 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple fix and lots of posts on this already. Roll each window down and back up, holding the switch for a second or so should do it. Driver's door, left rear, right rear, passenger door, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12-04-12, 09:30 PM
NQR89
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Simple fix and lots of posts on this already. Roll each window down and back up, holding the switch for a second or so should do it. Driver's door, left rear, right rear, passenger door, if I'm not mistaken.
That's correct, I did the same thing a few months back.
Old 12-05-12, 04:44 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

It's right in the FAQ that is sticked to the top of the forum: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...isconnect.html
Old 09-07-13, 10:43 PM
uae_lx470
Driver School Candidate

Default FIXED: Windows not working on my 2008 LS460 after battery change

Thanks for the answers about the need to manually power down and up all the windows one by one. This solved the problem I was having with my 2008 LS460 too! :-)
Old 09-08-13, 08:03 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

This question comes up frequently. But, twice, just a day apart

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...g-battery.html

It is fully explained in the owners manual, and in numerous threads on this forum. A search using the target word battery would have brought up numerous responses.

Lou
Old 09-08-13, 11:46 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

make sure the window lock switch isnt initiated either
Old 09-08-13, 06:58 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
This question comes up frequently. But, twice, just a day apart
Not really, lowrideraz. This post is from last December, bumped to the top today by an LS460 owner who no-doubt found this nine month old thread by searching the forums.
Old 09-08-13, 09:40 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's actually right in your owners manual.
Old 09-09-13, 06:51 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Do the "search" function on our forum still working?
Old 12-06-15, 05:52 AM
dfresh303
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone who answered the question that was asked. I had the same problem and it worked.To everyone who said "Go look in the owners manual," go f yourself. Its much easier to hop on the internet really quick than look through a huge manual. Stop being a douche.
Old 12-06-15, 10:12 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dfresh303
Thanks to everyone who answered the question that was asked. I had the same problem and it worked.To everyone who said "Go look in the owners manual," go f yourself. Its much easier to hop on the internet really quick than look through a huge manual. Stop being a douche.
Agreed ^^ But sometimes there is a question that gets asked too often and for forum regulars it gets annoying so you usually get a "use the search function" reply. Its not so much that there being jerks, but its just tiring to see a thread get made over and over again asking the same exact question. So they assume your to lazy to go on to google and type something like "windows wont roll down after battery replacement IS350" into the search bar.

But i feel you though, sometimes were just not able to find the info we need when we really need it . And we're met with "oh use the search" or "this question has been beaten to death" . Which causes frustration and we get mad at everyone. I mean if a question has a simple answer and you know it... then why not just answer and make life easier? After all we are all here to help our fellow members right?

Either way though, everyone should do a proper search before asking a question and if they honestly cant find the answer they need , then they may post a new thread for said question. And if you do see a thread with a question, please for the love of the lexus community, just answer the question if you can. It makes everyone happy, and we're not left with all these threads that just reply with "use the search" crowding up our search engine for those who actually ARE using the search function.

Last edited by Tro209; 12-06-15 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-22-21, 07:26 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

My windows aren't actually rolling down. I am able to roll them up then they automatically roll down about a 3rd of the way and stop. To get them up so I can lock up the car I have to roll them up to time the window lock button down. but as soon as I take window lock button they roll back down to a third.

I tried to do the initialization thing but none of the windows will allow me to roll them down just up then they go back down to 3rd way.

Anyone have experience with this?

I just got a new battery and an alternator...

Thanks
Old 02-02-22, 03:18 PM
Charlie C
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by amerquresh
I recently had my battery replaced & now I can't seem to open or close my passenger or rear windows when using the driver's side control panel. Any idea why?
I realize this was an old thread but in case anyone else has this problem, I ran into the same thing and it's very easy to fix:

With the engine running, go to the front passenger window and press the open window button and keep it pressed for about 5 seconds or so after opens. Then press the close window button and keep it pressed for about 5 seconds after it closes. Then press it and let go to see if the automatic function works. If it does, then that window has been reset. Now it will open from the drivers door.

Repeat for each of the rear windows.

Here's a YouTube that I found:

Quick Reply: Power Windows not working after battery replacement