IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

fog light retro plans

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-12, 04:46 PM
rayac88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
Aren't FXR projector Bi-Xenon's? Cuz that's what I have retro'ed in my headlights right now.
yes i believe so. i could incorporate it into but dont really care for the high beam feature. just want some thing different....
^^^ any pics of the light output from behind the car?
Old 10-21-12, 08:37 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

decided against the fxr. even though they are ideal they are too long. im still shopping around.... does anyone know if TRS gives discounts to people from different forums?
Old 10-24-12, 10:18 PM
rayac88
Pole Position

ordered d2s morimoto and philips bulbs. will update you guys on the project.
Old 10-25-12, 04:44 AM
Hondadna4
Rookie

Originally Posted by rayac88
ordered d2s morimoto and philips bulbs. will update you guys on the project.
FOR YOUR FOGS!!! If so you think too big??? The reason why I picked the MH1 is because it has way better output than the D2S the only reason why I looked at the D2S was for OEM bulbs. The other issue I encounted was that the MH1 when adjusting it will touch the lense inside the holder. What I mean is Its long enough to adjust but to only a given amount. I hope those D2S are not longer because I think you will only have room to leave them in one place only. Send me a PM with all the detail of how its going and pics too.
Old 10-25-12, 07:36 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hondadna4
FOR YOUR FOGS!!! If so you think too big??? The reason why I picked the MH1 is because it has way better output than the D2S the only reason why I looked at the D2S was for OEM bulbs. The other issue I encounted was that the MH1 when adjusting it will touch the lense inside the holder. What I mean is Its long enough to adjust but to only a given amount. I hope those D2S are not longer because I think you will only have room to leave them in one place only. Send me a PM with all the detail of how its going and pics too.
im not worried about adjustment, i did some measurements and it i can mount the projectora little bit lower. i may have to take out the stock reflector all together but i will see when they come in. i really jst wanted to try something different. i would have used a different projector all together but they larger ones are too wide.
since i have philips bulbs in my headlights and i have been too spoiled to put aftermarket bulbs in this project. you can beat the neatness of the light output on oem IMO.
Old 10-25-12, 09:28 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

i am having issues getting the clip on the adjustment screw off so i can take the reflector out. any sugestions of how to take it out without breaking the black clip?
Old 10-25-12, 10:04 AM
Hondadna4
Rookie

You must takke the reflector out by unscrewing it out all the way just keep on adjusting it and what will happen is there is two joint pieces that pop into black to pop those out there on the top of the reflector then keep unscrewing the adjustment **** and make sure its going outward and it will come out
Old 10-25-12, 10:11 AM
Hondadna4
Rookie

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...r6/photo-8.jpg

Theses two ***** on the top of the reflector. I would suggest you TRIPLE CHECK on the car the retro fit because they will ALWAYS NEED adjusting ALWAYS so just be very careful and before you permentiley mount them. FX's are awesome I want to retro fit them in my headlights but IDK its either those or RX's
Old 10-25-12, 10:12 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

You must takke the reflector out by unscrewing it out all the way just keep on adjusting it and what will happen is there is two joint pieces that pop into black to pop those out there on the top of the reflector then keep unscrewing the adjustment **** and make sure its going outward and it will come out
been doing that for hours. i can get the top one out no problem but the one on the adjustment **** doesnt go all the way out. i even tried prying the **** out the last bit. no luck
Old 10-25-12, 10:23 AM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use a drill with a hex bit. Much faster.
Old 10-25-12, 10:33 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

got it i was trying to leave the clip on the back housing instead of on the reflector. i got it pop right out. now to just wait on the mailman today. then it will be me dremel and hurricane sandy.
Old 10-25-12, 10:44 AM
Hondadna4
Rookie

DUDE cover your face withsomething man I breathed that stuff in and I was sick for a couple of days. You need to update this thread take pictures and post them. PLEASE!!!! I wanna see how this turns out
Old 10-25-12, 11:05 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

DUDE cover your face withsomething man I breathed that stuff in and I was sick for a couple of days. You need to update this thread take pictures and post them. PLEASE!!!! I wanna see how this turns out
heavy metals in your body will definitely make you sick. almost killed tony stark... lol. but i will be taking preparations, i will take pics as much as i can and post them up on the first page. i should be done in a week. assuming everything works the way i planned.
Old 10-25-12, 11:23 AM
Hondadna4
Rookie

Retrofits never work as PLANNEDD !!! Dude get some heavy metal cutting discs from dremel your going to need the 5 pack the one with the quick release and just go crazy. I think that can keep some of the reflector bowl from the fog light. I think from there you can adjust a little
Old 10-25-12, 02:41 PM
rayac88
Pole Position

Retrofits never work as PLANNEDD !!! Dude get some heavy metal cutting discs from dremel your going to need the 5 pack the one with the quick release and just go crazy. I think that can keep some of the reflector bowl from the fog light. I think from there you can adjust a little
you had to say it.... you jinxed me! got the stuff in the mail but guess what, no projectors!!! had a miscommunication with TRS and now i got to order them next week so it wont be another two weeks until i start working on it. so maybe ill chnage my mind and find another projector who knows.

Quick Reply: fog light retro plans