IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I'm a newbie that hates my 2010 IS250

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-11, 11:04 AM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A quick update... just talked to the moron at the Lexus dealer. He said they can't recreate the pull and the tires are fine.... I told him this was unacceptable! The tires are noisey, the car pulls when braking and it pulls when you let go of the wheel going down the highway.

This is BS! They've had the car for almost 5 hours and so far, they've measured the tread depth and took it for a test drive....
Old 02-10-11, 02:25 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

After the smoke stopped coming out of my ears, I called corp Lexus. Explained my situation and was told that they would look into it and call the dealer. Its 4:30 p.m. here, I doubt I hear anything else today...
Old 02-10-11, 03:23 PM
onilink
Rookie

Originally Posted by 642mx
At 6000 miles we notice the a-pillar cover didn't match the passenger side... it sticks out too far. Back to the dealer for a replacement.
was this on the inside of the car, where it says SRS bag cover? I think mine is sticking out too on the passenger side, its not flush like the drivers side. I didnt do anything about it but am wondering now, how much did they say it would normally cost? My car is out of any warranty.
Old 02-10-11, 04:14 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by onilink
was this on the inside of the car, where it says SRS bag cover? I think mine is sticking out too on the passenger side, its not flush like the drivers side. I didnt do anything about it but am wondering now, how much did they say it would normally cost? My car is out of any warranty.
Yeah... its the a-pillar cover on the inside of the car. I didn't ask what it would've cost. I'm sure it isn't cheap!
Old 02-11-11, 04:28 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Well.... I didn't hear anything from Corporate Lexus or the dealer today, so I called corporate about 4:30 to see what's going on.

I was told that the lady who was handling my complaint would get back to me Monday. Lexus has a 2 business day contact thing (which I'm guessing is used so the consumer can cool down).

Anyways, the chick I talked to read some of the notes to me.... which included that the dealer couldn't find anything wrong during a test drive and they want myself or my wife to come in and drive the car with a dealer representative.... I told her this is CRAP! That I don't have time to do the dealers job for them. I told her to do a 4 wheel alignment and put 4 new tires on it.... (since that's what it needs) or to simply give me my money back and I'll gladly hand the title over (the car is paid for). She told me that she would add my request to the notes and have someone else call me Monday.

This shows me that Lexus and my dealer have no clue what customer service is about. I don't work in the same town as the dealer... my wife works 60-70 hours a week and she sure the heck doesn't have time.... words can't describe how I feel about the whole situation. My wife and I work very hard so we can have nice things (like this car) and we're getting the shaft!
Old 02-11-11, 04:39 PM
kl323
Pole Position

Lexus corp can only serve as a mediator between you and the dealership. They can't really force the dealership's hand to do anything.

From my experience, Lexus corp can only be used as leverage to a degree. But good luck with your complaint!
Old 02-11-11, 04:53 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kl323
Lexus corp can only serve as a mediator between you and the dealership. They can't really force the dealership's hand to do anything.

From my experience, Lexus corp can only be used as leverage to a degree. But good luck with your complaint!
I kind of got that feeling that they are a mediator... I'm guessing they will be the ones writing the check for it when/if it gets bought back tho.... so they need to be involved.

From what I've read, Indiana requires the car to be in the shop for 30+ days for the problem or 4 trips to the dealer without it getting fixed to apply for the lemon law.

If they can fix it right... I don't mind keeping it (after all, we still like the car). But I may just trade the damn thing and be done with it. Life's too short to be stressed over a car.
Old 02-23-11, 12:31 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Thought I would post an update on how the last situation with our Lexus turned out...

Corporate Lexus finally called me back and basically told me the alignment and tire wear is MY problem. And that Lexus wouldn't check the alignment or replace the tires if the alignment was off.... even with 9K miles on basically, a brand new car. I asked about a buy-back since the car has had so many problems and then I got the run-around.

So... since Lexus will not fix my car nor do they care if I'm happy with their product, I'm trading it off. My wife wanted to test drive some sports cars, so we drove a new 370Z Nissan and a 2011 Ford Mustang Premium GT.

Seeing how the Z doesn't have much of a trunk... and its a 2 seater, we decided on the Mustang. I pretty much fell in love with the 412 horse 5.0L from the moment I turned the key. The dealer is going out of state to pick ours up today and we take delivery tomorrow.

The bad news is, the Mustang won't have the resale value of the Lexus... but the good news is I traded for practically nothing. The wife is happy, I'm happy, and I can't wait to swing by our Toyota/Lexus dealer and show them the new ride. I'm also going to forward pics of it to corp Lexus.

I hope none of you have any problems with your Lexus... cause corp Lexus really doesn't care about the customer. I'm extremely disappointed in how we got treated.
Old 02-23-11, 12:52 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

You will love the Mustang. They have come a long way with it as a total package.
Old 02-23-11, 01:02 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn sorry to hear things didn't work out with you and your IS, but glad to hear its resolved at least. Enjoy your new Mustang - those things are beasts
Old 02-23-11, 01:04 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
You will love the Mustang. They have come a long way with it as a total package.
I think we will too. Its got some neat features and the quality seems really good. We tend to trade cars every few years, so hopefully it will hold up fine while its ours.
Old 02-23-11, 02:52 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a bummer that they didn't satisfy your needs. I sort of did the same thing too. Although my truck was perfect, I had problems with the way they treated me from day one. My husband hated going there (for services) that he told me the way to not deal with the people is to not have the truck.

We traded it in for Micaiah. It was hard and it took me a while to let my truck go but what's done is done.

So I know what you are talking about.

Glad you were able to find a car that suits your needs and I am hoping you would at least post a pic of it!! Come on now... you know you want to show it off to us!
Old 02-23-11, 03:04 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Micaiah
That's a bummer that they didn't satisfy your needs. I sort of did the same thing too. Although my truck was perfect, I had problems with the way they treated me from day one. My husband hated going there (for services) that he told me the way to not deal with the people is to not have the truck.

We traded it in for Micaiah. It was hard and it took me a while to let my truck go but what's done is done.

So I know what you are talking about.

Glad you were able to find a car that suits your needs and I am hoping you would at least post a pic of it!! Come on now... you know you want to show it off to us!

Yeah... its a bummer for sure, cause we really did like the Lexus. I called my sales guy at the dealer and told him that we would no longer be buying from his dealership and I asked him to call me if he ever switched dealers, We've bought 4 vehicles in the last 5 years from him... so I know him well.

Of course I'll post a pic of the Mustang! It might be a few days as the forecast is calling for rain and I don't want to take pics of it dirty!...lol
Old 02-23-11, 03:22 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Couldn't you use the no lemon law?
Old 02-23-11, 03:39 PM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sango
Couldn't you use the no lemon law?

In Indiana the car has to be in the shop for 30 days or it has to be taken back 4 times for the same problem. This has to be done in 18 months/18000 miles (I'm in that time/mileage currently).

I had the car in twice for the problem... but in all honesty, I don't have the time to fight with the dealer or corp lexus. I don't want to hire a lawyer or deal with an arbitrator. Life is just too short to be stressed out over something like a car. I'm sure it would cost me more money with legal fee's than it would to trade (and if they lemon lawed it, I still have to buy another car).

Quick Reply: I'm a newbie that hates my 2010 IS250