HERBos
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lulz when you look at it in the light
Old 12-14-10, 12:37 PM
Trza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they look great in the light. Before I got my 11' I remember driving past a white one with the LED's and thought that it looked really good. The way the LED's are shaped make the front end look much wider than it really is, as well, it was visible from really far away...much better than an halogen DRL.
Old 12-14-10, 01:09 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

I just purchased my from vais. Hopefully everything, including the installation would not be an hassle =)
Old 12-14-10, 01:36 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty nice looking. i would do it if i was going with a VIP kinda look. it wont look like an audi, it'll better than one.
Old 12-14-10, 01:40 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Id just leave the idea alone. It honestly looks the best on the audi's and thats it. All other cars that have made up there own versions dont really flow well. Even the new IS's LED strip really isnt that great looking.
Old 12-14-10, 02:35 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

I like to see some pics of it in the light.
Old 12-14-10, 04:41 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Guy's instead of "imitating" lets originate!!!

And hope we don't have to duplicate the beautiful ideas of BMW and Audi..

More modern perhaps?

Old 12-14-10, 04:44 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ That's just creepy.
Old 12-14-10, 05:22 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flektone
Id just leave the idea alone. It honestly looks the best on the audi's and thats it. All other cars that have made up there own versions dont really flow well. Even the new IS's LED strip really isnt that great looking.
nah the new led looks great, better than the orange drl we most lexus owner currently are setup with.
Old 06-12-12, 05:52 PM
lexUSluX
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by toHn
Hey guys the '11 headlights are growing on me but refuse to pay 2K+ for them haha... I was lurking through some of the postings and notice some members did an aftermarket similar version? I was wondering if you guys could share some info and perhaps point me towards where I can get them done, like a shop?

here is a pic, thnx
DON'T! I REPEAT DON'T! waste your money because you'll just end up looking like a WANNABE Audi, imho. I've got the 2012 IS-F and I had mine disconnected for that same reason. Now don't get me wrong Audi's are really awesome, I love them as much as I do Lexus, but I don't like how lexus insists on copying. I just wish they did their own unique thing. I thought finally the GS will look like a Lexus and not an E-class benz, Ooops! I spoke to soon they ended up copying the Audi on the front end. I'll scratch that one off of my wish list. Sorry. I'm happy with my IS-F and unless Audi comes out with an RS version of the A4 or A5 I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon.
Old 06-12-12, 05:58 PM
lexUSluX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4DGS
I'm sorry, but I really wish Lexus hadn't jumped onto the bandwagon of LED strips in their headlights. Everyone that did it after Audi and Mercedes is just copying a trend.
You're right man. I the LED's on my IS-F disconnected for that same reason. I feel like I'm paying to drive a wannabe Audi. Like I said I don't have a problem with Audi infact I love them as much as I do Lexus but I perfer uniqueness to each brand. I hope I didn't offend anyone.
Old 06-12-12, 06:15 PM
lexUSluX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ScKcBc
and land rover, and ferrari, and bmw (led angle eyes). I guess the ferrari 458 italia jumped on the bandwagon too?

What about rear cameras? and AC/ventilated seats? Is everyone just copying a trend?

Yeah but you don't get it. Ferrari, Land Rover, BMW Umm you're talking about Pioneers here that don't just Innovate, they Dominate, and they all have one thing in common. They're European Motoring with decades upon decades of heritage. With that being said, This would be like Lexus, Acura, and Infinity copying each other that's fine. (JDM) The problem with these brands is that they copy the european brands way too much. Rather than be unique they rip off more than they should, and consequently you end up looking like a wannabe. Im not necessarily knocking JDM after all I drive a 2011 Lexus IS-F which I happen to love very much. I'm just voicing my opinion in that Lexus should strive to be a company unique within itself. If GM or Ford or anybody wants to copy let them. If Ford, or GM decided to create a mechanism in where the car blows up if you don't service it for a year, would that mean that Lexus needs to jump on the so called "band wagon" ? Of course not.
Old 06-12-12, 06:20 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

if u guys with the 2011-2012 IS's dont like your LED headlights feel free to trade me for my 2007s =)
Old 06-12-12, 07:10 PM
ydnandy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
if u guys with the 2011-2012 IS's dont like your LED headlights feel free to trade me for my 2007s =)
Haha, my exact thought as I was reading their posts :-)

Quick Reply: LED headlights strips..