Old 01-31-13, 05:51 AM
kapeman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Murrayjohn
Answer to all these problems is on page 193
Cheers JM.
?

Also, any truth to the fuse being the issue?
Old 08-13-13, 05:25 AM
50one50
Driver School Candidate

Angry Repair Options ??

I'm in the process of forking over the three grand. I buy Lexus so I can leave all the repairs to the professionals. If I spend six hours trying to do it myself, I may as well pay a professional. Maybe I should go buy extended warranties for my two other vehicles in anticipation.

Since this is obviously a common issue, and in my case a repairable one, why doesn't Lexus just offer a voucher or rebate to help offset the cost?

The only functionality that seems to be the issue is non-responsive to touch. Why change the entire unit for something that could be fixed for a couple of hundred dollars in labor?

# TeamPissed
Old 10-25-13, 01:52 PM
sopa
Driver School Candidate

bumping this thread...

so this morning like everyone else on this thread, the touchscreen decided to opt out. wat da hayl, lexus.

i noticed, however, when i go to "info" and click anywhere on the left side, it will automatically activate the "Languages" icon and take me back to the start up screen. is this common as well?

after some research i called this place recommended to me by the shop i got my tires mounted at (yay, new shoes!) and so far this seems to be the cheapest option. 60$ to remove the unit, 60$ to reinstall the unit, NOT including labor/repair fees, which could be anywhere between $300-$1200. They will give you a "free" diagnostic but i guess that "included" in the removing and reinstalling fee (unless you don't want to have it reinstalled, then you walk away paying 60$).

I'm going to do more research on this before i take it in but i wanted to share this with my fellow clers. @_@ what do you guys think?

cheers
Old 10-28-13, 07:58 PM
dtuck
Driver School Candidate

I have a problem with my touch screen on a 2006 IS 250, it is not responding. Took the whole unit out and the touch screen but could not fix it. The ribbon tap does not have any contract and I have read on the online forum and attempted twice in trying to fix it but was unsuccessful. I am now looking for a good original or a good quality aftermarket touch screen. Anyone recommendation from anyone out there?
Old 10-29-13, 06:16 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

common issue, fixable with a $20 circuit pen

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-fix-diy.html
Old 10-29-13, 06:34 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a common issue with these cars. Lexus really needs to put out a bulletin and have RECALL done. It sucks that someone has to spend 3k for something they did not damage; more like a factory defect. The more people that complain to corporate, the more they will recognize this issue.

I had the same issue. and it sucks at the moment, but i took mines apart and fixed it myself. I had posted another thread on the IS-F section about this common issue.

If you are in FL and need some help i can assist.
Old 06-17-14, 04:18 PM
bigger53
Driver School Candidate

Default The money tree has passed away

I too have had problems with my 06 IS 350 Navigation system. First two years ago the navigation died and they wanted 1,500 to repair and now the touch screen froze. What a joke. I took it to Putman Lexus in Redwood City, California and was told it would cost 6,500 hundred to fix. I told them I wasn't looking to buy a 70" 4 K TV just a touch screen. You mean to tell my that screen is worth 1/7 the price of the car. To repeat WHAT A JOKE. Won't see me in the showroom again.
Old 06-17-14, 04:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

browse the DIY fix post a couple posts back and save yourself a ton of money
Old 06-17-14, 04:56 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This guy on Ebay has been fixing a tons of mal-functioning Lexus navigation for $195 including free 2-days shipping back. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-LS-GS-ES-IS-RX-LX-GX-SC-250-300-330-350-430-460-470-NAVIGATION-REPAIR-/181343079138?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2a38e3cae2&vxp=mtr
My unit was completely black out which is worse than OP's problem and he fixed it for me. I'm waiting for my unit to arrive this Friday.
Old 06-17-14, 05:00 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Do you guys realize that this common issue is happening to Lexus owners that live in a hot area such as Florida, Southern California... I speculate that the cause is the heat.
Old 06-17-14, 06:45 PM
is250916
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Do you guys realize that this common issue is happening to Lexus owners that live in a hot area such as Florida, Southern California... I speculate that the cause is the heat.
Seems like it.

Knock on wood, I just got my 2007 Is250 a couple of months ago and I have no issues with NAVI or dash melting problem and I live in NorCAli
Old 06-17-14, 08:19 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Yeah, that's what I believe it is too. In fact, I was at Lexus today talking to my Service Advisor about my NAV unit issue I had him look into for me. I told him about how I was able to source a new, used unit that fixed my non-functional top-portion. He was happy I was able to fix it for a 1/10th of what a new unit was.

Additionally, he told me he had a '07 IS350 in just the other day for the same NAV unit issue (and the VVT cam gear recall). He said that he told a certain Lexus tech to work on this special project for him for this customer to get his NAV working again. He said they purchased a new screen, and that didn't work. He then dove into the electronics of the unit and managed to locate the "break" in the circuitry and repaired it. Dealership ended up only charging $300 for the circuitry repair work. So...if I ever have the same issue again I'll know where I'm going.
Old 06-25-14, 04:06 AM
Lexusnme
Driver School Candidate

Is there anything done during routine maintenance at the dealership that could cause the nav system to fail, are they operating it to reset the maintenance schedule, etc.
it was working fine before I brought my car in, then when I returned to pick up my car the screen was frozen. The dealership is trying to claim it was broken before they ever touched the car, but this is not true.
Any suggestions what might have happened...
Old 06-25-14, 01:30 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Unless you have video of it working beforehand it will be hard to prove it one way or another. I don't believe any dealerships take the time to input maintanence schedules into the NAV unit. Mine definitely doesn't.
Old 06-25-14, 03:10 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I think when it happens, it happens. My girl drove the car in the morning and bammmm it goes out immediately. Is she to be blamed? No. Update, i got it fixed by the ebay guy for 195.

Quick Reply: NAVI issues! touch screen not working!