IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Specs after alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 04:33 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Specs after alignment

i did an alignment yesterday at my dealership after dropping it on f-sport springs for about 3 weeks

here is my specs sheet
does everything seem to be in specification ? i dunno how to read spec sheets so i jus wanted some opinion

thanks!!
oh and it seems like i would still have to angle the steering wheel lil bit to the right wen i am driving .. but i dunno if this is due to the grippy tires and the road curvature ..or just bad alignment
Old 07-14-09, 06:44 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Looks pretty good, but the right rear camber is strange. Did they check tire pressures and set them correctly? You shouldn't have that big a difference unless your pressures are wrong or something is bent. There is no adjustment, so there's nothing the shop can do about it.

Your toe numbers look decent. I'd prefer to see less toe on the rear, but what they gave you isn't bad at all.
Old 07-14-09, 10:50 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats what i like to hear
so i guess my steering wheel angling to the right a lil bit .. is just the tires and road?
should i go back and talk to the about the rear camber?
Old 07-14-09, 11:12 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

If the steering isn't on center when you're driving straight down the road, I would take it back and have it fixed. I'm picky about that. There's no reason your wheel shouldn't be pointed dead ahead if the car is straight and the alignment is good.
Old 07-14-09, 11:29 AM
isFiend
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If the steering isn't on center when you're driving straight down the road, I would take it back and have it fixed. I'm picky about that. There's no reason your wheel shouldn't be pointed dead ahead if the car is straight and the alignment is good.
Having just purchased a brand new 2009 IS 350 I have to agree I just love this feeling.

I am coming from driving an '05 honda civic for years with the alignment off. In order to go straight down the road,t he steering wheel was not dead center, it was slightly to the right of center

I went to the honda dealership once, and once they "fixed" it, the steering wheel had to be slightly left of center in order to go straight.

I went a third time and it was back to start - it was slightly right of center again.

At that point I just gave up and dealt with it. It was annoying initially but over time it felt "normal" to me. It was normal for me to drive a car with awful alignment. I got used to it.

After that, coming to this brand new '09 350, the steering just feels like a dream. It's utter perfection.