IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer Early Service Recomendation Letter

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-09, 02:17 AM
speed_Demo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Dealer Early Service Recomendation Letter

I received a letter from my dealer recommending early oil change at "Four Month and/or 5,000 Mile Interval Maintenance Service". Attached also coupon for various spending limit. Great timing, because I plan on changing my oil this weekend, close to 10k.

But, is dealer getting that desperate lately?? I know from the book recommend "6 month or 5k" miles. Kinda of making me scare bringing my car to the dealer for a simple oil change, it might come back with more problems.

BTW, the letter also say "due to the recent water shortage, we will only provide a Complimentary car wash when you have service performed". That's funny if people bring their car to the dealer just for a free car wash.
Old 04-28-09, 06:16 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_Demo
I received a letter from my dealer recommending early oil change at "Four Month and/or 5,000 Mile Interval Maintenance Service". Attached also coupon for various spending limit. Great timing, because I plan on changing my oil this weekend, close to 10k.

But, is dealer getting that desperate lately?? I know from the book recommend "6 month or 5k" miles. Kinda of making me scare bringing my car to the dealer for a simple oil change, it might come back with more problems.

BTW, the letter also say "due to the recent water shortage, we will only provide a Complimentary car wash when you have service performed". That's funny if people bring their car to the dealer just for a free car wash.
yup...sounds like a money grab to me from the dealer
Old 04-28-09, 08:10 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If the water shortage gets worse, the govt might make them shut down their car wash altogether. They did that here in PA a few years ago.
Old 04-28-09, 08:22 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dunno about other dealers, but lexus of glendale offers free weekly car washes if you agree to put their glendale emblem on the back of your car. pretty much you advertise their dealership in exchange for weekly car washes and other perks.
Old 04-28-09, 08:40 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Which dealer did you go to? Mine is the same thing, they put a little sticker reminder to come back in 4 months. What the hell?
Old 04-28-09, 09:09 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just trying to pump up the revenue.
Old 04-28-09, 10:12 AM
PMok
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
dunno about other dealers, but lexus of glendale offers free weekly car washes if you agree to put their glendale emblem on the back of your car. pretty much you advertise their dealership in exchange for weekly car washes and other perks.
when I bought my car (mind you, this was 3 years ago when the economy was better), the salesman said to bring it back anytime for a free car wash. No strings. I felt kind of bad doing that and it was kind of out of my way, but I did it once and it was pretty nice. The sales guy said plenty of "older" customers would bring their cars by regularly, like once a week and just chill in the lounge, chat with the sales guys, etc. My guess is those days are gone for now, with the drought and the economy gone to crap.
Old 04-28-09, 10:48 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

At Performance Lexus (notheast Cincinnati), there are still free carwashes and I was told the first two recommended services (1000 miles, and whatever the next one is) are free.
Old 04-28-09, 11:58 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fredw1
At Performance Lexus (notheast Cincinnati), there are still free carwashes and I was told the first two recommended services (1000 miles, and whatever the next one is) are free.
I think that's for all IS purchases (if not all Lexus).
Old 04-28-09, 12:53 PM
speed_Demo
Pole Position

The letter was from Roseville Lexus Dealer in North CA. I was thinking of bringing in my car for the oil change and the TSIB on them dusty pads @10k. They had great services last i was there.

Also, my gf need a car, she dont want to drive her RSX-s. So I might try to mess around with the salesman for a deal on any left over 08 IS250. I bought mine for 37.7k OTD, MSRP was around 42.6k @3.9% during labor day weekend. Wish me luck guys!!
Old 04-28-09, 01:05 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

The letter was from Roseville Lexus Dealer in North CA. I was thinking of bringing in my car for the oil change and the TSIB on them dusty pads @10k. They had great services last i was there.
When I bought my car into the Roseville Lexus service department for the fuel line TSIB back on Feb. 4th they had a sign up on the counter stating that they were no longer doing washes unless they were servicing the vehicle. I don't remember the sign stating anything about saving water, it seemed more like they wanted to save money. Doesn't bother me because I only wash my own car, no dealer or commercial washes. They also didn't refill my car with fuel after the TSIB like some members have mentioned that they received.