motojoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIKEHO, How do you like the quick shifter
Old 02-28-09, 10:39 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

yea just sounds like a bad clutch then...this is a good time to upgrade to the F-Sport clutch!!! i want one soooooo bad
Old 03-01-09, 10:41 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by motojoe
MIKEHO, How do you like the quick shifter
Love it. Get it! Worth every penny.
Old 03-04-09, 07:40 PM
chrisjr10
Driver School Candidate

I have owned sti's, vr6's, built b20 hondas and anything in between all being stick. I dont think its driver error. Its a shudder that cant be avoided. If I let the clutch out with a high or low rpm the feeling is still there. I think there is a heat spot in the flywheel and the clutch cant grab. Anyways, the throw isnt too bad and the car shifts smooth as silk. The tranny seems to be ok except for the take off issue. I took the car in and the service guy rode with me and said he noticed it. They said he will do all he can to correct it and they might have the car for over 2 weeks! Oh well Lets see what happens.
motojoe, of course it is not driver error. I have the same problem. I bought my car new 3 years ago and I have had the problem come and go. I brought it to the dealer and they couldn't notice anything. Sometimes it's perfect for months, sometimes it's annoying as **** every day. Let me know what they do about it, I need to get mine addressed before the warranty ends. On mine when it happens, if you rev to about 1500 rpm's before disengaging it's not as bad, but you certainly shouldn't have to do that.
Old 03-04-09, 09:28 PM
motojoe
Driver School Candidate

The guy at the shop said he felt the shake and will do whatever it takes to resolve it. It has been there for one week already so im guessing any day now I should get an update. Id like to hear from any is250 owners with a MT that have had no problems. PLEASE POST!!!!
Old 03-04-09, 09:39 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

i say check up on the car.. find out exactly whats wrong and get an estimated day and time... dealers dont normally tell you to drop it off and they will call u to pick it up.. they should be professional
Old 03-05-09, 01:01 AM
kimban
Rookie

off the topic a little.. mileages are decieving.. clutch can burn out on low mileage cars, all depends on the driver.. so your 26k is not impossible..

anyways, if you just purchased the vehical recently, the dealer should replace any defective parts (if it wasnt sold as is or without warranty) but 26k is still within lexus factory warranty limits. If its used its even better, cuz you can complaint until you get your car fix even if it means the dealership replacing the tranny. I've seen many customer who buy used manual tranmission cars and get new clutch and/or tranny "just because" they complaint about slipping, transmission grinding, etc. customer are always right.

Im wondering if the dealer will take correct this. I just got the car two days ago so Im assuming the dealer I bought the car from cant sell a car with a fried clutch right???? And to kill a clutch with only 26k seems harsh.
Old 03-16-09, 08:05 PM
motojoe
Driver School Candidate

4 WEEK UPDATE!!!!!! It has been a long 4 weeks and I have really enjoyed my loaner. Car should be done tomorrow. I got a call saying they did all the service asked for and they changed the whole CLUTCH ASSEMBLY. I know the clutch was changed but I wonder If the pressure plate was done too. I asked numerous times and all he could tell me was, He wasnt sure but they did the whole clutch assembly and a bearing. (Im assuming throw out bearing) I hope they put the car back together to spec. I dont want any more problems. What do you guys think?
Old 03-16-09, 08:18 PM
bronz
Driver

4 WEEK UPDATE!!!!!! It has been a long 4 weeks and I have really enjoyed my loaner. Car should be done tomorrow. I got a call saying they did all the service asked for and they changed the whole CLUTCH ASSEMBLY. I know the clutch was changed but I wonder If the pressure plate was done too. I asked numerous times and all he could tell me was, He wasnt sure but they did the whole clutch assembly and a bearing. (Im assuming throw out bearing) I hope they put the car back together to spec. I dont want any more problems. What do you guys think?
yeah they supposed too resurface the pressure plate when changing the clutch.
Old 03-16-09, 08:45 PM
motojoe
Driver School Candidate

I know they are supposed to. I did it on my old b16 honda. But is this something lexus would do or you think they replaced the bad clutch and called it a wrap?
Old 03-17-09, 06:44 AM
motojoe
Driver School Candidate

Still waiting for the call to pick it up...........
Old 03-17-09, 06:45 AM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your Vtec Fluid.
Old 03-17-09, 10:04 AM
motojoe
Driver School Candidate

Im going to have to check everything...lol
Old 03-17-09, 10:35 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Good luck man! I was going to get mine done but im going to wait a bit
Old 03-17-09, 11:20 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

My car has only 3,000 mils on it now mine is an 08 and i have had this problem since day one since it rolled of the show room floor by far the worst transmission i have ever had to drive. I love my toyotas and they are usually better then most but they seemed to really drop the ball with this tansmission i have a list of probelms i gave lexus that is wrong with the car. I wouldnt have bought the car and i would have just got na automatc instead but i had to order it from another dealership becuase Manual transmissions are rare to come by. But nothing but problems since i have owned the car. Makes a loud bang/crunch noise shiffting from 1-2 and from 2-3 and first gear never wants to grab and enguage it always stutters and chatters real louud. I have only ever driven manual transmission cars and this one is by far the worst ever. I love my lexus dont get me wrong beautiful car just really upset with my tranny once the car is moving its great but shiffting isnt fun at all. I just wish Lexus would just correct the problem already!

Last edited by rscott22; 03-17-09 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: IS250 MT shake when taking off in 1st