IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I'm so mad, freakin motorcyclists!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 12:35 AM
Coconut
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts
Default I'm so mad, freakin motorcyclists!!!

I am so maaaaad Seriously, motorcyclists are starting to **** me off. Not saying that all of them are idiots but just the ones that I've come across.

I was driving up skyline blvd (twisty 2-way road in norcal) and traffic was backed up a good 1/2 mile due to an accident up ahead. We haven't moved an inch for like 30 minutes and we see dozens of motorcyclists cutting across to the opposite lane to try to beat traffic. I look into my right side-view mirror and I see a motorcyclist driving on the narrow 3' wide strip of dirt that is between the road and trees. He sees a cliff up ahead and decides cut in front of us. He put too much throttle into the turn and I see him tip over with the motorcycle falling on him. His fat girlfriend bounces off my hood and falls to the ground. Naturally I get out of my car and make sure they're ok. I help both of them up and before I can check my car for damage they zoom off. Found out later that she left a 3" dent on my hood....

And whats with motorcyclists driving between cars? There's literally like a 4' space between cars and they try to zoom in between? They are inches away from scratching our cars. I see this crap almost everyday.

Diagram 1: idiot driving on the shoulder of the road

Diagram 2: idiot decides to cut in front of me and falls. idiots fat gf lands on my hood.
Old 12-12-08, 01:15 AM
i2IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, i feel sorry for ya... things like this happen. hope you get your car fix soon !
Old 12-12-08, 01:19 AM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow man that sucks, I know where this happened, im in south city.

kudos on the drawings though
Old 12-12-08, 01:24 AM
Plit
Pole Position

sorry to hear that man, but i'm pretty impressed with the drawings you made just to show us though!
Old 12-12-08, 01:24 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least you are not mad enough to draw awesome pictures. Goodluck with the repairs. You might be able to pop the dent. Any paint chips?
Old 12-12-08, 01:55 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

If I were you I would bump them looooool cause they are doing illegal driving and you won't be charged for bumping them cause they cut your way all the sudden..
Old 12-12-08, 02:03 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

that's bad to hear. hope you get it fixed soon , at least you guys have PDR shops, the nearest one to me is 800km far

but those drawings are really fun to watch
Old 12-12-08, 02:06 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Love the drawings! Sorry about the mishap. Motorcycles cutting through slow traffic is definitely nothing new. The most common contact is a bike versus a car sideview mirror. Your story is pretty freaky.
Old 12-12-08, 02:17 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear that, but your drawings are awesome!
Old 12-12-08, 02:56 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

i've always wanted to do the "open the door and knock down the guy on the bycicle" to one of these motorcycle guys.

but then i'll lose the door to my friends car LOL
Old 12-12-08, 03:10 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

i think i know which part of the skyline boulevard u were in... is in the one near 280?
Old 12-12-08, 05:22 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man you are so nice, I would of checked my hood first and check to see if they died later lol.
Old 12-12-08, 05:34 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man that was some crazy stuff, nice description,
dude I had a motorcyclist rear end me last weekend,
and I have an Obsidian 08' IS250 like you, what is it with
motorcyclist and our black cars...
Old 12-12-08, 08:13 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coconut
I am so maaaaad Seriously, motorcyclists are starting to **** me off. Not saying that all of them are idiots but just the ones that I've come across.

I was driving up skyline blvd (twisty 2-way road in norcal) and traffic was backed up a good 1/2 mile due to an accident up ahead. We haven't moved an inch for like 30 minutes and we see dozens of motorcyclists cutting across to the opposite lane to try to beat traffic. I look into my right side-view mirror and I see a motorcyclist driving on the narrow 3' wide strip of dirt that is between the road and trees. He sees a cliff up ahead and decides cut in front of us. He put too much throttle into the turn and I see him tip over with the motorcycle falling on him. His fat girlfriend bounces off my hood and falls to the ground. Naturally I get out of my car and make sure they're ok. I help both of them up and before I can check my car for damage they zoom off. Found out later that she left a 3" dent on my hood....

And whats with motorcyclists driving between cars? There's literally like a 4' space between cars and they try to zoom in between? They are inches away from scratching our cars. I see this crap almost everyday.

Diagram 1: idiot driving on the shoulder of the road

Diagram 2: idiot decides to cut in front of me and falls. idiots fat gf lands on my hood.
I feel your pain, it is the same in rush hour in the Chicagoland with motorcyclists becoming impatient.. I must say that I not only loved your cartoon type diagrams, but the little guy laying on the road was hilarious. Excellent post!!!!
Old 12-12-08, 09:01 AM
ds111htown
Driver

I feel ya. I have been hit by a motorcyclist cutting between lanes. ( I like your diagrams. funny)

Quick Reply: I'm so mad, freakin motorcyclists!!!