Airbag light is on - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Airbag light is on

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-08, 10:39 AM   #1
06Lex350
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ca
Posts: 101
Default Airbag light is on

I noticed on my drive to work this morning that my airbag light is on. It's a solid red light in the lower right section of the instrument cluster. I noticed it was on after driving a few miles. It's not blinking but is on solid. I haven't driven the vehicle again yet but I'll certainly take notice to see if it's still on. If it is, should I take this to the dealer ASAP? Also, I'm sitting on 39k miles so will this only be under warranty only until 40k?
06Lex350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 10:56 AM   #2
slee18
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
slee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,353
Default

Open up your airbag and see if something it is missing. JK!!! it should be under warranty. I think the warranty is longer for safety equipment like seat belts and such. I think that is 100K warranty dont quote me on that I dont have access to my owners manual right now.
slee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 11:45 AM   #3
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant
iTrader: (5)
 
PhilipMSPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In rehab...
Posts: 21,412
Default

Bring it to the dealer.

Don't mess around with the safety features of the car. You don't want that thing to suddenly pop open while you're driving...
PhilipMSPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 11:53 AM   #4
dojoman
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 2,670
Default

Is yours 06 model? I think there's a recall on it. I had the same issue and they had to replace the knee airbag for passenger side.
dojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 12:35 PM   #5
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic
 
Brian231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Candyland
Posts: 6,104
Default

A code is stored in the SRS Control Module, never service airbag systems on your own. We have a Lexus Bumper to Bumper for 4 years or 50k. You will be fine under warrenty.
Brian231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 01:19 PM   #6
slee18
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
slee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian231 View Post
A code is stored in the SRS Control Module, never service airbag systems on your own. We have a Lexus Bumper to Bumper for 4 years or 50k. You will be fine under warrenty.
Just walked to my car and the warranty for any safety system is 72 months or 70K.

Take it in asap!
slee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 01:42 PM   #7
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic
 
Brian231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Candyland
Posts: 6,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slee18 View Post
Just walked to my car and the warranty for any safety system is 72 months or 70K.

Take it in asap!
Nice to know, I remember Honda/Acura has a lifetime seatbelt warrenty (LOL)!!!
Brian231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 02:12 PM   #8
06Lex350
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ca
Posts: 101
Default

Thanks for the info guys. I never thought of doing the work myself, I was just trying to determine how quickly I needed to get into the dealership. The light hasn't come on anymore today but I'm still going to take it in very soon and have it checked out.
06Lex350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 02:42 PM   #9
Oakley IS
Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Tron NORWAY
Posts: 101
Default

wierd - mine did the same thing here the other day.

I backed out of this parking lot, and as soon as I put it in D it came on and stayed on for the duration of the drive back home.

I turned the car off and then back on and it was gone.

mine is also a 06 - should I have this checked out aswell?

I just passed 19k on it.

thanks.L.
Oakley IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 03:08 PM   #10
slee18
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
slee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley IS View Post
wierd - mine did the same thing here the other day.

I backed out of this parking lot, and as soon as I put it in D it came on and stayed on for the duration of the drive back home.

I turned the car off and then back on and it was gone.

mine is also a 06 - should I have this checked out aswell?

I just passed 19k on it.

thanks.L.
I would! Only thing that i wouldnt mod is the safety system. You never know when you will need it and it isnt there.
slee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 03:49 PM   #11
06Lex350
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ca
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley IS View Post
wierd - mine did the same thing here the other day.

I backed out of this parking lot, and as soon as I put it in D it came on and stayed on for the duration of the drive back home.

I turned the car off and then back on and it was gone.

mine is also a 06 - should I have this checked out aswell?

I just passed 19k on it.

thanks.L.
Yup, that's the exact situation I had. Mine is also an '06. I'm going to take it to the dealership in the next day or two. I'll post my results as soon I have them.
06Lex350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 06:25 PM   #12
tex2670
Lexus Champion
 
tex2670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 4,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Lex350 View Post
Also, I'm sitting on 39k miles so will this only be under warranty only until 40k?
50K--you are good.
tex2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 08:02 AM   #13
sirCharles
Lead Lap
 
sirCharles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slee18 View Post
Just walked to my car and the warranty for any safety system is 72 months or 70K.

Take it in asap!
My airbag lght came on this morning as well. 54K miles now and no reason for it to come on. No mods or accidents. Will take it to the dealer to see what's the deal. Just annoying like check engine light so I got to get it taken care of soon.
sirCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 08:56 AM   #14
pavelekPL
Lead Lap
 
pavelekPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: il
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Lex350 View Post
I noticed on my drive to work this morning that my airbag light is on. It's a solid red light in the lower right section of the instrument cluster. I noticed it was on after driving a few miles. It's not blinking but is on solid. I haven't driven the vehicle again yet but I'll certainly take notice to see if it's still on. If it is, should I take this to the dealer ASAP? Also, I'm sitting on 39k miles so will this only be under warranty only until 40k?
i had the same problem. Took my car to the dealer, and they fixed it. On the invoice says they had to replace the Intergrated panel #84010-53081. Which basically is where your climate control is.
pavelekPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 04:57 AM   #15
fruslexus
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 14
Default 2006 is250 airbag light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
Is yours 06 model? I think there's a recall on it. I had the same issue and they had to replace the knee airbag for passenger side.
Rather than issue a recall on this problem, Lexus acknowledged that a problem existed and directed its Dealers to install new harnesses if the vehicle was in warranty.

After the warranty expires, owners are being asked to fork over up to $3500.00 to fix the problem

Anyone who is uncomfortable with the knowledge that their airbags & seatbelts won't deploy during an accident or are unhappy with Lexus's behavior should take 5 minutes and file a complaint with NHSTA who is currently examining complaints about this safety issue.
fruslexus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airbag light mikobangz GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 3 11-14-14 07:52 AM
Airbag light on Smitslex IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 3 11-06-14 02:20 PM
GX470 2004 - Airbag Light On pretzelmak GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) 3 08-23-14 11:29 PM
Passenger Airbag Sensor buckeyeut RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 3 07-11-14 09:28 AM
Airbag Indicator Light Came on. MySc4fever Performance & Maintenance 7 10-05-10 06:08 PM


Tags
1999, air, airbag, bag, flashing, g20, g35, infiniti, is250, is300, is350, isc, isf, knee, lexus, light, solid, stay

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved