IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Carputer (carPC) on our 2IS with touch screen, possible???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-08, 09:05 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay.Diem
^^ isn't there some sorta "check surrounding for safety" lettering when it's in backup mode?
Maybe he photoshopped that part out? Everything surrounding the screen is black so that wouldn't be difficult to do...
Old 04-24-08, 09:25 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if someone can get this mod to work. damn that will be awesome
Old 04-24-08, 09:54 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys Guys Guy's!!!

If anything, it would be my cell phone captured onto the navigation (Via Video cable), since you can see the cingular bars.

However, I have TV in my navigation, so i took snapshot of a commercial.

So, what you are looking at, on that picture, is TV! : )

Car-puter is possible though, and if the resolution was matched to screen size it would look good.

AND YOU!!!
Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Maybe he photoshopped that part out? Everything surrounding the screen is black so that wouldn't be difficult to do...
SHUT IT no photoshoping there!
Old 04-24-08, 10:06 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t0e
Guys Guys Guy's!!!

If anything, it would be my cell phone captured onto the navigation (Via Video cable), since you can see the cingular bars.

However, I have TV in my navigation, so i took snapshot of a commercial.

So, what you are looking at, on that picture, is TV! : )

Car-puter is possible though, and if the resolution was matched to screen size it would look good.

AND YOU!!!

SHUT IT no photoshoping there!
LMAO! You're still not telling us how you got TV on your nav so I'm not gonna shut it until you tell us!! And until you do, I still say it's a PS.
Old 05-30-08, 09:43 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I stumbled across this thread while searching for an old thread I'd posted in. I did a search and saw my name come up and was like "When did I ever post in the 2IS forum?"...turns out, my name was brought up so, I thought I'd stick my head in here and pass along what I know so far about this topic.

I won't pretend to know the intimate details of the 2IS nav system but, I can tell you what I know about the SC430 Nav system and I would be very surprised if Lexus totally went in a different direction entirely with the 2IS.

When I first started on my CarPC adventure, Isaw the post of that guy with the Acura using the factory touchscreen as a mouse for his CarPC. Got me VERY excited when I saw that. I even bought the resistive touchscreen controller module that he uses. Does it work with our screens? Nope.

The Acura touchscreens are "resistive" touchscreens...ours are "capacitive". Different technology entirely. I've done quite a bit of research and found no way to tap into a capacitive touchscreen.

I ended up installing an very unobtrusive mouse touchpad on my center console, right in front of my armrest. And actually, in practical use, I like the touchpad better than the touchscreen.

When I'm playing mp3's, I just put the mouse arrow over the "next track" button and, when I want to jump to the next song, I just tap the pad anywhere. If I had the touchscreen working, I'd have to lean over and touch that the "next track" button each time. I will admit, when I want to type something in using the on-screen keyboard, having a working touchscreen would be easier but, it honestly doesn't come up that often. I mostly am either playing mp3's or roaming the channels of my Sirius Satellite Radio.

Anyway, just wanted to toss that out there. Sorry to intrude into the 2IS realm.