IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2 techs came to set up homelink, and both failed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 07:39 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Is there a manufacturer and/or model number on the original transmitter? Post it to the thread- perhaps someone else has the same system and can report their success or failure.
Old 04-18-08, 08:51 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

When I had my 2000 Accord, it had a homelink system and it managed to program my apartment gate fine. But when I got my IS it just wouldn't program. Doesn't bother me though, I never want to go back there again
Old 04-19-08, 11:38 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok here we go.. this is the picture of my gate and the box..maybe the learn button is there..

oh there's this word on the box: CHAMBERLAIN. does it tell you anything?

hm..do I need a key to rip that box apart?
Attached Thumbnails 2 techs came to set up homelink, and both failed-dsc01080.jpg  
Old 04-19-08, 11:39 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

close up of the box
Attached Thumbnails 2 techs came to set up homelink, and both failed-dsc01081.jpg  
Old 04-19-08, 11:40 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

get a baseball bat and have a field day

Can you locate a "learn button" anywhere?

you should contact the owners or the property manager and ask them about the gate.
Old 04-19-08, 11:46 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't there away to point the original remote that use at your homelink and have it learn from it?
Old 04-19-08, 11:47 AM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

That looks like one HEAVY DUTY motor. You are going to need the key to get into that puppy...Or like ExTrEmE99 said...FIELD DAY! Take your kids along if you have any lol
Old 04-19-08, 11:50 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah CHAMBERLAIN have rolling codes especially the gates. I have the same gate for my house. There is a little key slot on the box and inside there should be a little purple button. Once press because the tech should of already programed the remote into your car so all you have to do is press the button on the mirror two to three times and bingo. This is up to the apt. manager to let u into that box or not
Old 04-19-08, 12:06 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

here is the manuals saved u the trouble heres a pick of the learn button. http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerwe...cs/0150388.pdf
The one you have is the 1hp one i have the smaller one but it should be the same because its the same brand and model but yours is just more beffy make sure you dont hold down the learn button on the gate or else the apt owner will be pissed it will clear all the codes in the remotes. Press it and let go then run to your car and tap the button on the rearview mirror two to three times and bingo hope this helps
Old 04-19-08, 12:06 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
get a baseball bat and have a field day

Can you locate a "learn button" anywhere?

you should contact the owners or the property manager and ask them about the gate.
emm I think the learn button should be inside that thingy. can you lend me your baseball bat?

Originally Posted by nate579
Isn't there away to point the original remote that use at your homelink and have it learn from it?
nope..2 techs did this, failed. I tried it myself 10+ times, failed too

Originally Posted by iceman1117
That looks like one HEAVY DUTY motor. You are going to need the key to get into that puppy...Or like ExTrEmE99 said...FIELD DAY! Take your kids along if you have any lol
i got no kids.lol

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
yah CHAMBERLAIN have rolling codes especially the gates. I have the same gate for my house. There is a little key slot on the box and inside there should be a little purple button. Once press because the tech should of already programed the remote into your car so all you have to do is press the button on the mirror two to three times and bingo. This is up to the apt. manager to let u into that box or not
I saw a slot, big slot, that looks like a key slot. So, I have to open that using the key, which I assume is with my apt manager, and locate a purple button, and then let the tech carry on from there? I can assume if I show the purple button the tech knows his work, can;t I?
Old 04-19-08, 12:08 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

here is the manuals saved u the trouble heres a pick of the learn button. http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerwe...cs/0150388.pdf
SHOOT!! That's it!! hey, thanks a lot for your help. I know what's inside that crappy box now. So, I need to get the damn key from my apt manager. Should I buy him some cakes and flowers?
Old 04-19-08, 12:10 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

well now i just edited my post but if the tech did not press the two outter button on your remote then the code on your rearview is still good. All you have to do is press the learn and press the button the the rearview two-three times and bingo :P
Old 04-19-08, 12:12 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

plus i dont think the lexus tech would know much to do with it so i would not trust them at all you have to do is follow the instruction on here to program the remote then have the manager open the box then press the learn and press ur button 2-3 times then it should work if you have any more problems ask me i got the same gate
Old 04-19-08, 12:15 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

plus i dont think the lexus tech would know much to do with it so i would not trust them at all you have to do is follow the instruction on here to program the remote then have the manager open the box then press the learn and press ur button 2-3 times then it should work if you have any more problems ask me i got the same gate
yeah..i will do it myself then. seems easy. press the learn button (PRESS ONLY, NOT HOLD right?) then run to my car, press one of the 3 homelink buttons 2-3 times, and bingo?
Old 04-19-08, 12:17 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

drunkebuda, in the pdf file it says press and hold the button on the hand held remote. should I press and hold the homelink button on my car or just press-and-release it for 2-3 times?

Quick Reply: 2 techs came to set up homelink, and both failed