IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP! Stealership jammed my Vaistech connectors!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-08, 05:16 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP! Stealership jammed my Vaistech connectors!

I did the 30k maintenance and my vaistech stopped working. I just took off the navi unit and found out that they have altered my navigation hack and took off my ipod kit (vaistech). Here's the problem, the vaistech connectors are jammed and i am traveling by car first thing at dawn (in 15 hours) so i don't want to return the car to the dealership. Did anyone got these connectors jammed by mistake and was able to take them apart?

Old 03-19-08, 06:03 AM
shyishguy
Rookie

I would complain, WTF would they take out your navi for 30k mile service. Same crap like that happened to my car when i bought it in for oil change. I have a carputer in the trunk, and the tech's took all the carpeting off the trunk to see my setup. The only reason I found out it was done , was because they did a **** poor job of putting the trunk carpeting back on.
Old 03-19-08, 06:04 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would the dealership take out your nav unit during the 30K service??
Old 03-19-08, 07:19 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Thats kinda sketchy man I'd raise hell
Old 03-19-08, 08:39 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Um...I didn't know navigation removal was part of the 30k service??? As a matter of fact, I didn't think it was part of any serivce? I would complain, but don't wait too long to do it because then they'll try to blame the problem on you. Good Luck!
Old 03-19-08, 09:49 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Haha guys I live in Saudi! There is no point of complaining. Here the dealership of Lexus and Toyota are exclusive to Abdul Latif Jameel (ALJ) Import & Distribution Co. According to an article I’ve read, he alone owns roughly 30% or Toyota’s shares. I wouldn’t claim that that’s accurate but he sure holds a big share. Because his branches are not only limited to Saudi by all means, I did my bachelor degree in Manchester (UK) and the nearest Lexus branch had his logo. I would never consider buying a Toyota from Saudi after the pranks I’ve seen on the cars, he orders them standard and adds cheap aftermarket options and changes the tags then sells them for premium prices. I am talking about aftermarket sound systems, cheap-black-pokingout sensors, fake wheels made in Taiwan and the list keeps going on and on. I even recall making his own GXR Land Cruiser edition, GXR-“J”. Thank god he’s not allowed to mess around with Lexus.

The reason they took the dash off is because I asked them to clean my air filter and in the process they messed it up and the AC “door” got jammed – I always get the air from outside the car and I can’t circulate air. So they took the dash out and changed some parts and funny thing is that they couldn’t fix it –honestly, no surprises there.

Anyways I was able to get the connectors open after hours of trial and error, I am not sure what was the trick but it sure was tricky. I plugged the Vaistech back in and it sure worked. Everything is back as it should be, except the air vents – I don’t know why they are not fitting but I think I’ll figure it out.
Old 03-19-08, 11:46 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kattanh3
Haha guys I live in Saudi! There is no point of complaining. Here the dealership of Lexus and Toyota are exclusive to Abdul Latif Jameel (ALJ) Import & Distribution Co. According to an article I’ve read, he alone owns roughly 30% or Toyota’s shares. I wouldn’t claim that that’s accurate but he sure holds a big share. Because his branches are not only limited to Saudi by all means, I did my bachelor degree in Manchester (UK) and the nearest Lexus branch had his logo. I would never consider buying a Toyota from Saudi after the pranks I’ve seen on the cars, he orders them standard and adds cheap aftermarket options and changes the tags then sells them for premium prices. I am talking about aftermarket sound systems, cheap-black-pokingout sensors, fake wheels made in Taiwan and the list keeps going on and on. I even recall making his own GXR Land Cruiser edition, GXR-“J”. Thank god he’s not allowed to mess around with Lexus.

The reason they took the dash off is because I asked them to clean my air filter and in the process they messed it up and the AC “door” got jammed – I always get the air from outside the car and I can’t circulate air. So they took the dash out and changed some parts and funny thing is that they couldn’t fix it –honestly, no surprises there.

Anyways I was able to get the connectors open after hours of trial and error, I am not sure what was the trick but it sure was tricky. I plugged the Vaistech back in and it sure worked. Everything is back as it should be, except the air vents – I don’t know why they are not fitting but I think I’ll figure it out.
yup, he even changes the A/C compressors

sorry to hear about this.
anyway there is another dealer " al-bazeay" try them next time.my friend always takes his new GS to them and no complaints.
Old 03-19-08, 12:05 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

Glad everything worked out man, that would suck if they did that just to screw you over.

As far as that shady car selling business goes, it happens in pakistan too haha. They add all kinds of bootleg parts with fake badges and charge like its OEM.
Old 03-19-08, 01:08 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Glad you figured it out. Hope the air vents get fixed.
Old 03-19-08, 01:20 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
yup, he even changes the A/C compressors

sorry to hear about this.
anyway there is another dealer " al-bazeay" try them next time.my friend always takes his new GS to them and no complaints.
Thanks for the info, do you know if this dealer has branches in the Eastern Region?
Old 03-19-08, 02:38 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kattanh3
Thanks for the info, do you know if this dealer has branches in the Eastern Region?
it turns out they are located in Riyadh only
Old 03-20-08, 04:42 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Namir
Glad everything worked out man, that would suck if they did that just to screw you over.

As far as that shady car selling business goes, it happens in pakistan too haha. They add all kinds of bootleg parts with fake badges and charge like its OEM.
That is simply because the local companies don't have the motivation to improve their products. They just fix some stupid things here and there and claim the car as a new model.

I am happy though that Pakistan's Adam Motors started to build cars because it is about time the Pakistanis entered the world of automotive design. It was a good start...
Old 03-21-08, 05:21 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zinda
That is simply because the local companies don't have the motivation to improve their products. They just fix some stupid things here and there and claim the car as a new model.

I am happy though that Pakistan's Adam Motors started to build cars because it is about time the Pakistanis entered the world of automotive design. It was a good start...
I didn't know about them building cars, thats pretty awesome. Maybe i'll upgrade from my Hero Honda someday