IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Who's the guy with the Supercharged IS350????

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-07, 03:05 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think there are many (if any) posts "*******" Doug or his car. If anything, we are very interested in it, but can't figure out why it is kept so secret. You can say we don't know what we're talking about all day long, and frankly ... I'll sort of agree. I agree that we don't know about Doug or his car, but that is because of HIM. I understand plenty about forced induction, tuning, IS350's, drag racing, ....
Old 09-21-07, 05:17 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

How about taking the $6000-$15000 and putting it toward an IS-F which would embarrass any supercharged IS350 anyway?
Old 09-21-07, 05:22 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with you Greg - I just don't want this thread to turn into a thread like this.

Javier
Old 09-21-07, 05:41 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
About the Tom's supercharger: Don't expect to be able to do this yourself - this won't be something that you can take to your local shop and have them do. Joseph basically has this as a project car, with a TON of support going into it. I don't want to talk too much about his project, but let's just say that getting this thing working on a USDM IS350 will be a minor miracle, and most definitely not cost-effective.

As far as the LMS unit goes... People on this board (especially here in the 2IS forum) love to dog and insult things they know nothing about and don't understand. The supercharger on Doug's car is still being tuned, and is currently running at very low boost. They're even experimenting with running different fuel mixtures. So, before we all start passing judgement on something we don't know anything about and someone you may not know personally, let's try and learn a little more about the subject matter, shall we?

Javier
in other words.. quit trolling~ =)
Old 09-21-07, 05:47 PM
akay_es2is
Driver School Candidate

well wats better javylsu...
since u seem like u kno wat ur talkin bout for r lex...
turbo or s/c?
Old 09-21-07, 11:39 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, unfortunately the only forced induction available for our cars is via a supercharger. There are currently no turbo kits on the market - I've only heard of one company that's developing a turbo kit for the 2IS, and it's nowhere near public release...

Javier
Old 09-22-07, 01:41 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Very True!

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
How about taking the $6000-$15000 and putting it toward an IS-F which would embarrass any supercharged IS350 anyway?
Very true and heard that before...Too bad this vehicle was a college graduation present...
Old 09-22-07, 01:47 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default TOM's S/C

Originally Posted by newis350
Dude. wait on the TOM's S/C. Someone is in the process of installing the beast on his IS350. (do a search for the thread) The estimated rwhp gain is around 70-90. Apparently, there are some major technical issues and the cost of $10K for the kit, but for the rwhp gain it might be worth it.
Thats really the only system besides the Blitz that I've seen...well on the net of course. However I did not know that there were problems with the initial product. 50rwhp for $10 G's probably isn't worth it, but I dono if reassuring me that I'll get 30-40 more will justify that price either. HAHA I agree, I am stuck with the only 2 "Economic" performance mods out for this car, unless I want to buy the IS-F....If I did that..(Sorry Guys) I'd actually go ahead and buy that new USDM Skyline that should be rivaling the IS-F. I'm not a manufacturer "*****", I am more of a "sick-ride" *****....Whoever has the most bang for my buck..I'm there!
Old 09-22-07, 03:02 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Chaser07
Too bad this vehicle was a college graduation present...
"Too bad" doesn't sound like the right thing to say about such an incredible gift.
Old 09-24-07, 06:49 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default "Too Bad"

Originally Posted by Gernby
"Too bad" doesn't sound like the right thing to say about such an incredible gift.
I meant "Too Bad" in terms of I didn't pay for the car and it's not in my name. Haha Meaning I don't have the power to switch it out anyways
Old 09-24-07, 08:23 AM
noenoe_pro
Driver

maybe the developer having difficulties due to high compression.
I heard that HKS is developing FI, does anyone know about this?
Old 09-24-07, 12:31 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default I wonder..

Originally Posted by noenoe_pro
maybe the developer having difficulties due to high compression.
I heard that HKS is developing FI, does anyone know about this?
I wonder if anybody will ever come out with a turbo kit that comes with something to lower the compression on our cars to allow for more psi...

I don't know much about internals but it seems like it's pretty easy to "Raise" the compression with pistons & heads, wouldn't it be just as easy to lower it??
Old 09-24-07, 12:42 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sure, but again, you'd need to change the pistons, head gaskets, etc... which is hardly "easy" for most folks :P
Old 09-24-07, 02:04 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

I like how when Doug posts about his car he usually gets a few good comments, then suddenly we have the large fan boy of bashers. This is very common thus he rarely posts now. I posted a few times on his behalf simply because of all the questions and bashing he gets. I know Doug personally, hell I see his car normally. So if you really want info about it, either I can answer them for you or you can message ddquach. Don't expect much public posting because of the past problems. It's all fun and informative until someone comes in and rocks the boat because they want to act tough online.
Old 09-24-07, 02:55 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Info

Originally Posted by Zephyr
I like how when Doug posts about his car he usually gets a few good comments, then suddenly we have the large fan boy of bashers. This is very common thus he rarely posts now. I posted a few times on his behalf simply because of all the questions and bashing he gets. I know Doug personally, hell I see his car normally. So if you really want info about it, either I can answer them for you or you can message ddquach. Don't expect much public posting because of the past problems. It's all fun and informative until someone comes in and rocks the boat because they want to act tough online.
Well it's nice to finally hear from someone on his behalf! I appreciate it!

As far as my questions go...Some of them were kind of answered already but don't think that my questions are left open ended to set you up for "bashers"...I'd like to keep all negative comments or remarks away from this thread please

What was the downtime with installation?
What were the numbers before & after tuning? (rwhp & Tq)
Any room on compression ratio for Nitrous, after install?
Any 1/8, or 1/4 mile times?
Actual "Out the door" cost?
What problems did he run across after install...
Were there any other mods("One Off" or Not) done to the motor to complete the install?
Any recommendations that you might have to someone who is looking into having an S/C installed (Besides the obvious, finding a knowledgeable shop...)

Quick Reply: Who's the guy with the Supercharged IS350????