IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Who's the guy with the Supercharged IS350????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 02:44 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's the guy with the Supercharged IS350????

I don't get it...You type in "Supercharged IS350" on Google and you get the same guy who post's his video's and says what he has but never responds to anybody.

The car is obviously sponsored by his company, so it seems like he is throwing clips of his ride out there just to get a reaction out of everybody. And everybody all ask's the same EXACT question...WHERE's THE NUMBERS....

So does anybody know the details on this cat, or has anyone ever spoken to him...I am actually curious to know how you go about buying one of these kits and getting someone knowledgeable enough to install it correctly. So it just pisses me off that I can't get any answers...I'm sure its really Supercharged but why wont he show himself or talk to us about his product?...
Old 09-19-07, 02:55 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

you should as dquach he has super charge...may be he can answer your question...
I believe, L-tune has a kit for is350...
Old 09-19-07, 03:11 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

D, Where are you? There is a guy with a gun and want to talk to you...

Chaser, the ower of that vehicle made a few posts already. You should be able to keyword down by "LMS supercharger".

Edit: a good one to start with your search...
---------------
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=273242

Last edited by josephdoc; 09-19-07 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-19-07, 03:39 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's Doug, then he has posted a few times here and there. It's a LMS Supercharger. Goes by the name "ddquach".

I rode in it before....all I can say is...it's SWWEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-07, 05:24 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes but WHAT are the numbers?????
Old 09-19-07, 05:49 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

He posted the numbers, and they weren't anywhere close to what everyone expected for the price (including myself). All the negative comments caused him to remove his posts about everything.

IMHO, the fact that nobody has reported more than about 315 rwhp with the LMS supercharger (and other mods) means that it's a total bust. It's also disappointing that none of the LMS SC equipped cars are on Drag Times. Obviously, LMS doesn't believe their product is worth promoting (or even defending). :shrug:
Old 09-20-07, 08:13 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Yea thats what I heard..

Originally Posted by Gernby
He posted the numbers, and they weren't anywhere close to what everyone expected for the price (including myself). All the negative comments caused him to remove his posts about everything.

IMHO, the fact that nobody has reported more than about 315 rwhp with the LMS supercharger (and other mods) means that it's a total bust. It's also disappointing that none of the LMS SC equipped cars are on Drag Times. Obviously, LMS doesn't believe their product is worth promoting (or even defending). :shrug:
Yea, basically all I've heard about this guy is that the $15,000 dollar SC only added about 50hp... Not to mention, he STILL couldn;t beat GERNBY's 1/4 mile time...I think that might have been due to traction issues but I did watch a couple of that Dquash's? guy's video's yesterday and was somewhat impressed. I do like the sound of it, but there were too many bad remarks about the "Compressor Surge" sound. O well...If there isn't anything that's ever going to come out for these cars that will lower our compression ratios to enable larger boost capabilitities, then I might just go ahead and spend $10G's on Forced Induction..HAHA...Who knows....Or buy a 335i...
Old 09-20-07, 09:51 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

The person with the SC that couldn't beat my 1/4 mile time due to traction issues was RoRo. I don't think ddquach ever reported anything about going to the track. I also don't know of anyone reporting that the cost was $15K.
Old 09-20-07, 10:12 AM
trinityhk
Lead Lap

yea its not $15k its roughly $6k plus install

ddquach has an awesome car, ive seen it a couple times (before the s/c) and he's a chill guy. I feel bad that everyone dogs his s/c though. Yes the numbers arent great, but he was the first w/ the s/c and still has more hp in his car than any of our IS's.
Old 09-21-07, 06:55 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default S/C Cost..

Originally Posted by Gernby
The person with the SC that couldn't beat my 1/4 mile time due to traction issues was RoRo. I don't think ddquach ever reported anything about going to the track. I also don't know of anyone reporting that the cost was $15K.
Well I've seen a couple S/C kits out there on the net and $10,500 was the cheapest that I saw...So I figured $15k wi/ install...

Now that I think of it...I remember seeing something about his being a "Pro-Charger"...Anyways, in one of the threads that I read a while back, I saw that "one of the S/C guys" were having traction issues and was mad that he couldn't come close to your(GERNBY) time slip...

And ^^YOU^^(Above GERNBY's reply) are totally right about them having alot more HP than we have and probably more than we'll ever have. Haha I will admit..I am VERY jealous but I was in no way bashing either one of these guys. I think the sound of their cars on the video's that they've posted sound AMAZINGLY sexy! I can't see why people would bash them either..

My intentions of this thread was solely to get peoples attantion with hope of finding these guys to get some more info from them regarding pricing, availability and down time....

I will pay $6,000 for 50rwhp on our cars..any day of the week...Just tell me who, what, when and where to pay!!
Old 09-21-07, 07:54 AM
itsalan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chaser07
Well I've seen a couple S/C kits out there on the net and $10,500 was the cheapest that I saw...So I figured $15k wi/ install...

Now that I think of it...I remember seeing something about his being a "Pro-Charger"...Anyways, in one of the threads that I read a while back, I saw that "one of the S/C guys" were having traction issues and was mad that he couldn't come close to your(GERNBY) time slip...

And ^^YOU^^(Above GERNBY's reply) are totally right about them having alot more HP than we have and probably more than we'll ever have. Haha I will admit..I am VERY jealous but I was in no way bashing either one of these guys. I think the sound of their cars on the video's that they've posted sound AMAZINGLY sexy! I can't see why people would bash them either..

My intentions of this thread was solely to get peoples attantion with hope of finding these guys to get some more info from them regarding pricing, availability and down time....

I will pay $6,000 for 50rwhp on our cars..any day of the week...Just tell me who, what, when and where to pay!!
it's not too hard to find?

http://www.lmspower.com/product.phtml?p=33&cat_key=14

I've been thinking about getting it also, but it probably won't be until next year.
Old 09-21-07, 08:26 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I wouldn't call it a 50 RWHP gain. All the gains I heard about were more like 40 RWHP, and I'm pretty sure at least 10 of that was exhaust mods.
Old 09-21-07, 10:52 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsalan
it's not too hard to find?

http://www.lmspower.com/product.phtml?p=33&cat_key=14

I've been thinking about getting it also, but it probably won't be until next year.
Man that is beautiful looking!
Old 09-21-07, 12:41 PM
newis350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chaser07

Dude. wait on the TOM's S/C. Someone is in the process of installing the beast on his IS350. (do a search for the thread) The estimated rwhp gain is around 70-90. Apparently, there are some major technical issues and the cost of $10K for the kit, but for the rwhp gain it might be worth it.
Old 09-21-07, 01:54 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

About the Tom's supercharger: Don't expect to be able to do this yourself - this won't be something that you can take to your local shop and have them do. Joseph basically has this as a project car, with a TON of support going into it. I don't want to talk too much about his project, but let's just say that getting this thing working on a USDM IS350 will be a minor miracle, and most definitely not cost-effective.

As far as the LMS unit goes... People on this board (especially here in the 2IS forum) love to dog and insult things they know nothing about and don't understand. The supercharger on Doug's car is still being tuned, and is currently running at very low boost. They're even experimenting with running different fuel mixtures. So, before we all start passing judgement on something we don't know anything about and someone you may not know personally, let's try and learn a little more about the subject matter, shall we?

Javier

Quick Reply: Who's the guy with the Supercharged IS350????