Invidia Midpipe sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-18, 05:42 AM
ascer
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Invidia Midpipe sound

Hey everyone!

I was hoping I could get some help with my decision on buying an Invidia Midpipe for my IS350. My main woe is that I'm afraid it might be unbearably loud, but at the same time I do want some extra noise and tone on my car. I'm currently running custom mufflers with a resonator delete and it sounds good, there's a slight drone at hwy cruising speed but nothing too bad. I'm just a bit over the 'deep' tone it has, and as strange as it may sound, want some extra rasp.

So my question is; for those who have/had an Invidia Midpipe on their IS250/350 along with a catback or something similar, how could you describe the sound? And would it be possible to get any crackle/pop with this setup? My car does a pop every once and a while upon deceleration but that's about it.

Apologies if this topic has been done to death, I just thought I'd try as it's killing me to know. Thanks very much
Old 09-14-18, 08:58 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 325 Likes on 141 Posts

It depends what you paired the Invidia mid-pipe with, it can be loud and drone but sounds good w/ HKS Hi-power or somewhat quiet when paired with Tanabe Medallion or Greddy SP/(JDM)GT-S...
Old 09-15-18, 08:14 PM
lady2is
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the Invidia mid-pipe paired with a Megan Racing OE-RS axleback. Personally, I enjoy the sound as it is not too raspy and has a somewhat deep tone to it. It is for sure raspier than the midpipe provided by Megan Racing though. Also, I was told that it sounds similar to an Infiniti g35 coupe and I do agree with that. Drone is bearable, for me at least as I usually tune it out with music. It kicks in at around 2-3k RPM and after that, it sounds amazing.

Unfortunately, my setup does not produce any crackle/ pops but I've seen other combinations that do such as Invidia midpipe +F sport exhaust.
Old 09-17-18, 07:23 AM
ascer
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lady2is
I have the Invidia mid-pipe paired with a Megan Racing OE-RS axleback. Personally, I enjoy the sound as it is not too raspy and has a somewhat deep tone to it. It is for sure raspier than the midpipe provided by Megan Racing though. Also, I was told that it sounds similar to an Infiniti g35 coupe and I do agree with that. Drone is bearable, for me at least as I usually tune it out with music. It kicks in at around 2-3k RPM and after that, it sounds amazing.

Unfortunately, my setup does not produce any crackle/ pops but I've seen other combinations that do such as Invidia midpipe +F sport exhaust.
Thanks a lot for the info! And after watching a few more videos on YouTube, I feel like picking up a midpipe isn't going to do me enough good paired with the additional drone I'll receive from it. Might just save the money for another mod!