IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anybody know how to remove front bumper??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-06, 02:50 PM
dajwilson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know how to remove front bumper??

First things first: I did an extensive search on this and did not find anything. I also looked in the DIY thread....nothing.

Event requiring me to remove bumper:
My driver's side ballast went out on my hid kit. The company I ordered through (Xenon Vision) sent me a whole new kit. The problem is: the shop I had install the kit is going to charge me another $120 to put the new kit in. Apparently they removed the front bumper when installing it and that's the reason for the charge. I looked under the hood trying to find the ballast and they hid them pretty good so I don't think there will be a way for me to remove the old kit without taking the bumper off. So after all that.......has anyone removed the front bumper and if so, can you give me instructions and pics if you have them? Thanks in advance. Positive or negative replies are all appreciated.
Old 12-16-06, 03:02 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dajwilson
First things first: I did an extensive search on this and did not find anything. I also looked in the DIY thread....nothing.

Event requiring me to remove bumper:
My driver's side ballast went out on my hid kit. The company I ordered through (Xenon Vision) sent me a whole new kit. The problem is: the shop I had install the kit is going to charge me another $120 to put the new kit in. Apparently they removed the front bumper when installing it and that's the reason for the charge. I looked under the hood trying to find the ballast and they hid them pretty good so I don't think there will be a way for me to remove the old kit without taking the bumper off. So after all that.......has anyone removed the front bumper and if so, can you give me instructions and pics if you have them? Thanks in advance. Positive or negative replies are all appreciated.
They Probably Placed It Right On The Back Of The Steel Frame!..* Because Thats Where I Placed It So It Will Stay Hidden!..* Neways Me And My Buddy Took The Whole Bumper Off..* All I Know Is That Theres Tons Of Clips All At The Bottom! And Bolts On Top When You Open Your Hood!..* Then You Sorta Have To Force It To Snap It Out!..* I dont Quiet Remember We Just Started Playing With It Honestly!..* Sorry Dude!

ps CL Members, I Know This Is Hard To See!..* Lol
Old 12-16-06, 03:11 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is everything that needs to be removed in order to disassemble the front bumper:

Remove all the clips underneath, the screws above the grill, and just yank on it.

Javier
Old 12-16-06, 04:38 PM
dajwilson
Driver

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Here is everything that needs to be removed in order to disassemble the front bumper:

Remove all the clips underneath, the screws above the grill, and just yank on it.

Javier
Thanks for the info. Hope this saves me $120.